MIDI Output constant stream when using USB output.

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

In my studio I have my Linnstrument and an Arturia Lab 49 controller connected to my primary music computer via USB. Works good. Each controller also offers midi out which I have connected to a Midi Timepiece AV that is also connected to a secondary music computer via midi. (The MTP-AV is being used as a router only and is actually hosted by a third PC.).

The Arturia controller outputs data thru both USB and midi at the same time and causes no issues. A handy feature to be sure. What I have noticed is that when the Linnstrument is connected via USB to the primary computer, after say 30 seconds it starts sending a constant stream of data out of its MIDI port. The message appears to be a note-off message. I can see it in Midi Ox and it really clogs up the midi flow into the secondary computer making it impossible to use incoming midi from the Arturia with it.

The message is:
DATA1: 00
DATA2: 00
CHAN: 1
NOTE: C -1
EVENT: Note Off

Can anything be done about this? This has been going on for the last several sw versions including the latest.

Tnx
Dave

Has anyone else been able to verify this issue on their Linnstrument? Seems to me that if the Midi output is not being used serious cpu resources would be wasted sending data to it.

Guess I'll submit this as a bug thru the website link.
Dave

Return to “Roger Linn Design”