Software that supports MPE

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A new MPE synth from Roli and FXpansion:

https://roli.com/stories/introducing-cypher2

And by the looks of it, this time there's actually a demo... Hallelujah! Gonna give this a try...

Cheers!

The cats out of the bag.

I have been beta testing this for a couple of years now, it is a fantastic synth.

The MPE/TransMod side of it is amazingly good.

Have fun :)
Bitwig, against the constitution.

Physical Audio PA3 Derailer is pretty amazing & so refreshing.

BobDog wrote:The cats out of the bag.

I have been beta testing this for a couple of years now, it is a fantastic synth.

The MPE/TransMod side of it is amazingly good.

Have fun :)
This or Equator for sound design, Andy, if you had to choose?

Cheers!

I have never used Equator, it looked little limited to me but I didn't look too closely.

I know Cypher 2 is as deep as any sane person would want though, plenty of sound design capability.

Grab the demo and the manual and have a play.

Love it already, very expressive especially with the sound design of Himalaya...

Cypher 2 is incredible! So deep.
I’m selling SWAM Solo Bass cheap, if anyone wants it drop me a pm.

simmo75 wrote:Cypher 2 is incredible! So deep.
I’m selling SWAM Solo Bass cheap, if anyone wants it drop me a pm.
Check out the "Unison+Voice" modulation sources, these allow you to modulate anything (or scale any modulation) individually for each voice. Really useful for thickening things up or getting that ageing sloppy analog sound.

Also the Monophonic->Clock phase source is very useful for Beat/Bar based modulation (as long as your bar is 4 beats).

p.s. The manual may look a little weird when it comes to the Transmod sources in places, the names and positions are from the Strobe 2 manual, the Cypher 2 manual is not quite finished yet.

Also if you like Cypher 2 have a look at Strobe 2 as well ;)

Cypher 2 does sound great to me so far, though I have barely scratched the surface with its presets, let alone anything else. Paired it with a fanless i5 MS Surface and Linnstrument, seems to work well but I havent really done any performance testing to see how much CPU is left.

SteveElbows wrote:Cypher 2 does sound great to me so far, though I have barely scratched the surface with its presets, let alone anything else. Paired it with a fanless i5 MS Surface and Linnstrument, seems to work well but I havent really done any performance testing to see how much CPU is left.
This is basically the setup that I've been flirting with, so I'd be interested to hear about your experiences as you get to know it and start pushing it harder... Keep us posted, eh!

Cheers!

SteveElbows wrote:Cypher 2 does sound great to me so far, though I have barely scratched the surface with its presets, let alone anything else. Paired it with a fanless i5 MS Surface and Linnstrument, seems to work well but I havent really done any performance testing to see how much CPU is left.
Cypher is heavy on the CPU... the sound is excellent though... and great control of the MPE expression

Unfortunately Initial Audios Sektor should be removed from the recommended Sounds page.
Their implementation does not work at all! Their support is extremely slow (response time + 2 weeks if at all), ignorant and telling me basically MPE is only for a fraction of their customers, they won't investigate or take my complaint serious. That behaviour drops my expectation that the issues will ever be fixed to below zero...

Tj Shredder wrote:Unfortunately Initial Audios Sektor should be removed from the recommended Sounds page.
Their implementation does not work at all! Their support is extremely slow (response time + 2 weeks if at all), ignorant and telling me basically MPE is only for a fraction of their customers, they won't investigate or take my complaint serious. That behaviour drops my expectation that the issues will ever be fixed to below zero...
Hi Tj,

Can you tell me what doesn't work? I searched this thread but didn't find any earlier posts about the specific problems. I'll try the demo but it would be helpful to also know what you've found.

It simply does not work, no polyphonic pitch bend, no polyphonic expressions, it is even impossible to set a modulator to cc74. If MPE is off, it listens to all Midi channels, If I switch it on, I had it not sounding at all.
They obviously never tested it, their answers let go any hope that that will ever be fixed. I even offered to come by with my LinnStrument.
It might be, that the problem is only happening on a Mac though...
If you have a PC, please test it...

John the Savage wrote:
This is basically the setup that I've been flirting with, so I'd be interested to hear about your experiences as you get to know it and start pushing it harder... Keep us posted, eh!

Cheers!
The Cypher presets can use a bit of adjusting as they are designed with the Rise in mind... not the Linnstrument... (quite different in the Y axis) otherwise it seems to work well enough.

Return to “Roger Linn Design”