Arrangement jumps around when using trackpad on Macbook

Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

the arrangement jumps all around on when using the trackpad on both of my MacBooks. This happens in all my DAWs. No other software or plugins react this way when using the trackpad.

As soon as I try to delete a note by using 2 fingers on the trackpad to simulate right click the arrangement starts to jump around which makes the plugin unusable.

Has anyone else seen this or even better, have a solution for this?

Please advice,

/K

Hi,

Nora handles the mouse events as "raw" mouse events because it's heavily based on custom mouse shortcuts. Mac usually have different conventions for different mouse types (Normal mouse, TrackPad, MagicMouse). When they reach Nora, they usually reach it transformed in other thing totally different to the original mouse stroke.

Therefore using a MagicMouse or the TrackPad shortcuts won't work correctly on the current version of Nora.

My maximum priority with the different mouses compatibility is the Mac Trackpad and I'll try to solve it in a close future. Then Windows 8/10 touch screen. And the last one the Magic Mouse.

My recomendation at the moment is: use a cheap 3-button mouse ($6), or avoid using the macros that OSX provides to emulate such actions, while I work into adding a compatibility mode.

Thanks for letting me know.

I wish you the best of luck for fixing this.

/K

Any news on this issue?

/K

There is no news atm, it's planned for the next version, tho :)

Return to “Squaredheads”