MIDI import to phrases

RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's working here (dragging from Windows' Browser to Phrase Editor). Could you share your computer details and which host are you using?

win 8.1 64 bit os intel i7-4770 cpu @ 3.4 ghz 32 gb ram
studio one 3 professional 3.3.1.39379

squaredheads wrote:They are pretty similar examples, so I only rendered 3 of them. Notice the rhythm is no problem for the new script, only the note pitches. In all of these examples, there are 3 octaves and up to 3 notes per octave:

I'm thinking that if create a popup window where the user selects the MIDI scale, I could create more accurate (in the pitch axis, the time axis is perfect) results - however this mean that you would need to do an extra click (to close the window) when you are simply browsing MIDI files. I listen your ideas, what I want to know is if it's enough for a midi import :wink: .
I'd love to have this feature as well, the way you showed it working in the above post/quote is perfectly adequate for me too.

Is this feature still being worked on? Can we expect it in a next update?

timbesamusca wrote:I'd love to have this feature as well, the way you showed it working in the above post/quote is perfectly adequate for me too.

Yes, it's quite likely.

squaredheads wrote:
timbesamusca wrote:I'd love to have this feature as well, the way you showed it working in the above post/quote is perfectly adequate for me too.

Yes, it's quite likely.
Thanks! Looking forward to it! :)

I found out: File names must have a lower case extension (*.mid) , then drag 'n drop into Nora works :)

Detlef

great, thanks

Hi, :)
Hopefully you can point me in the right direction.
I want to record short one beat midi phrases such as four 1/16th notes; and then load them into a program which will play the four 1/16th midi notes with the push of one key into the instrument of my choice. Then push a different key and get four different notes with different velocities.

Have you any ideas? Is there such a program?
Thank you.
Terry

You can setup Nora to 4 1/16 notes lenght. Then setup to 1 octave and 1 note the phrase, and place there your MIDI. Use the pitch correction to setup the notes (shift+drag on notes). Now open the arpeggiator options and use a random velocity, somewhat like 50% (or your taste), route the midi output to your desired VST and you got it!

You can try it with the demo.

Return to “Squaredheads”