Modelonia 2.0 VST Beta (don't mind this old thread)

Official support for: nusofting.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Modelonia

AKJ wrote:
liqih wrote:
AKJ wrote:this is a suggestion for v2: you really should provide a possibility to import tunings!

cheers, akj
Thanks, but it would not be 100% reliable, one of the flaw or feature of Modelonia
is that any preset must be designed for a range of 2 or 3 octaves, due to the complexity
of the algorithms it's not able (yet) to have the same timbre over more than 3 or 4 octaves at best,
actually that should be expected, being Physical Modeling, even real instruments rarely span
more than 3 octaves keeping the timbre. Also the tuning varies to some degrees.
but what would be the harm if you allowed the import of e.g. scala files, and the result is the result (maybe, optimize it for one octave up and dowm from middle C). It can always be manually fine-tuned...
No harm, it just seems to me not very useful since the scala files pitches would be in most cases distorted,
anyway I can do that if there are more requests, now I'm doing multi-paramters MIDI CC linking
with min and max, that's a 3 days jobs and only 3 users asked for it, but I like to have it as well.
Many features are easy to "say", but when I'm on the code things are much more complicated, <grin>

Beta 1.940 >>> Beta 1.950 :
- Modelonia now remembers the path for Save or Load dialogs, for any folder, as long as it's loaded in Host
- added MIDI CC mapping for multiple parameters and with min and max range settings

no "learning" currently, enter number by PC keyboard

Please report all flaws and bugs you may find.

Thanks,

Luigi

Since I'm getting low response for this beta Modelonia 2.0 could be frozen,
also because of the Entity release = http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=319488,
which also includes PM oscillators "Strings and Winds",
it will NOT be a Modelonia replacement, but it's surely a very powerful synth
that many Modelonia users can truly enjoy.

I'm still interested in Modelonia 2.

The new Entity looks great, too.

I hope to buy Entity maybe in July as a registered user of Modelonia.

liqih wrote:Beta 1.940 >>> Beta 1.950 :
- Modelonia now remembers the path for Save or Load dialogs, for any folder, as long as it's loaded in Host
- added MIDI CC mapping for multiple parameters and with min and max range settings

no "learning" currently, enter number by PC keyboard

Please report all flaws and bugs you may find.

Thanks,

Luigi
This is a step forward but the arrows still only move between presets in the main folder. If I load something from one of my custom folders I would like then to use the arrows to move between them from the patch I loaded rather than have to keep opening the load dialogue everytime. A drop down menu with submenus would be best

Just purchased Modelonia for the Mac today without spending much time in the forum. I was wow'd with the demo and couldn't bear to suffer the noise bursts anymore. Modeled plucks really remind me of my early days with the lovely Korg Prophecy and later Z1. Please please release version 2 for the Mac. I'd be happy to beta test when you are ready...

OSX 10.6.8 (Lion someday as needed), iMac Quad 2.8 i7
Novation controllers (Launchpad, Nocturn25)
Ableton Live, Five12 Numerology, NI Maschine

FWIW, I have plenty of analog and digital synths. The acoustic modeling synths are the hardest to get right and you've got something special here. I have AAS Strings and NI Prism, but this little guy is really unique among them. Especially since it sounds great and is lightweight on the processors.

syncr wrote:Just purchased Modelonia for the Mac today without spending much time in the forum. I was wow'd with the demo and couldn't bear to suffer the noise bursts anymore. Modeled plucks really remind me of my early days with the lovely Korg Prophecy and later Z1. Please please release version 2 for the Mac. I'd be happy to beta test when you are ready...

OSX 10.6.8 (Lion someday as needed)
Novation controllers (Launchpad, Nocturn25)
Ableton Live, Five12 Numerology, NI Maschine
Thanks very much for your choice and your feedback, we'll announce here when we have a new beta.

Thanks again

Hi Luigi, Modelonia is great. I didn't sign up for the beta because I really didn't think I would have time to provide meaningful feedback. But in a couple weeks I should have more time, so I should be able to chip in at that point. I can sign up if you think it would be useful.

Will also check out entity...
Available on iTunes, Amazon, etc.

The link does not work!!

Hi, I purchased Modelonia 1 for Mac, but haven't used it much because it doesn't work well with a wind synth. I use a Yamaha WX7 and an Akai EWI 4000S. Will Modelonia 2 use CC#2 breath control for model excitation and other parameters?
--
John

any news on V2?

Sorry still on hold, DK+ 2.0 and Scarborough Fair 1.0 will come first

Hello,

you can check the new build of Modelonia 2.0 for Windows,
there are both 32 and 64-bit VSTs, please let me know if they load and play
with your set up.

http://dashsignature.com/download/Model ... __full.zip

Thanks,

Luigi

nusofting.com

I can confirm the X64 version loads and plays fine in Bidule x64. Not had a chance to test it in anything else yet.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Both 32bit and 64bit versions load and play fine in Bitwig 1.0.7. on a Win 7 64 bit laptop.

Return to “NUSofting”