master tune, ctl11, library

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello there,

maybe I may post three wishes here.

1. a master tune knob would be great for all like me who frequently work with (european) classical musicians. I think this is quite essencial anyway for any synth and I'm sure your breeding over it at the moment anyway. ;)

2. I would appreciate very much if controller 11 would be treated by default as "Expression", i.e. possibility to blend volume down from the program dependend volume level, independently from ctl 7. Many synths (EXS, Kurzweil, Gigastudio3 etc.) work that way and I see huge huge advantages. O.k., I could build it into every program by the modulation matrix but then it would require to send a value of 127 in order to hear anything (= not good...)

3. just a suggestion for those who build the user library: I think it is important to have a sufficient plaette basic patches that are really material to compose with. Sounds that work well in the background for example. At the moment there's lot of impressing, full-band, brilliant material that seems a bit like a demonstration for zebra's potential... - just a thought.
u

u

Hiya, a master tune is already done... I'm currently working on the import of .tun files... this should satisfy every need in respect of tuning...

Hmm, I've become very suspicious in respect of controllers. Many hosts seem to reset them at times, i.e. when you press play, which has caused a lot of confusion on the MidiLearn side of things. Currently the MidiCC routing table is global, not patch-wise, so you can use CC#11 on the Master Volume without having to go through all patches. (I think this doesn't save with the March preview, but it'll work in the final)

I'm thinking of converting some patches from Zebralette and Podolski factory banks, and adding some Zebra-specific stuff such as XY settings. Might be interesting to see how the Podolski ones sound with the different oscillators and filters. Especially as one can easily exchange the waveforms. I guess there's a lot of bread'n'butter patches to get from that.

Cheers,

;) Urs

OK I'll bite.....where do I find the master tune controll?
I'm still lovin' that striped thang.

trailkeeper wrote:OK I'll bite.....where do I find the master tune controll?
In the final version, I suppose :oops:

Now lemme work... I want to have a release candidate *before* the football world championship!

;) Urs

Sweet!!!

Now back to work for you. I'll shutup and make some noise............

Return to “u-he”