New Zebra2 demo song

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi chaps,

Here's a new Z2-featuring demo song for a Sunday afternoon. Everything is Zebra2 apart the drums, which is from Stylus RMX. No extra effects, apart from a small bit of mix compression/limiting.

Good Zebra Hunting
http://bj.angeltowns.com/audio/good_zebra_hunting.mp3 (7.5megs)

Apple Mac G4 Powerbook, Logic, Live, Zebra2, Stylus RMX, Korg microKontrol
All Z2 patches are from my own library. Not sure offhand, but there's probably around 24 Zebra2 instances all told.

(This was done on crappy earbud headphones as I don't have access to my speakers at the moment, but you'll get the idea anyway! :) )

Nice track. :-) Not bad at all especially considered when done without speakers.
I guess the drums could've been made with Z2 as well.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

Excellent tune!! :tu:

Some nice sounds in there! Are they presets that come with Zebra, or custom patches?

Cheers guys!

bk - as mentioned in the original post, these are all my own patches...

Luv it! :)

Nice sounds there! Is there going to be a users patch area on the website or anything Urs? Would be cool to get hold of these bad boys! I'll be making a few over the coming weeks too :D

Hunter wrote:Nice sounds there! Is there going to be a users patch area on the website or anything Urs?
The whole package, yes. It has to wait for less busy times, tho...

Nice tune, beej. Great patches. Thanks.

nice work!!!

what did you use for the tape stop effect?

Subz

Thanks! That's just the filter in Live, with a slider on my controller mapped to the cutoff - there's no pitch changing on that at all.

What I do for this type of stuff (it's not really my regular type of stuff) is throw a few useful little things on the master channel and on some individual channels. Things like a filter on a slider, the 3-band EQ with hi/mid/lo kill switches, various beat repeat / supertrigger effects, aux splashes to FX sends - anything that's instant and can be used to add colour or interest.

Then as I jam around with structure I gradually settle on things I like, at which point the arrangement gets finalised and and extra stuff added. Then I'll go through and fill in something at the points where it needs some interest.

it even sounds like wearing a headset :hihi:

really nice track! sounds like hardware stuff 8)

bambooman wrote:it even sounds like wearing a headset :hihi:
really nice track! sounds like hardware stuff 8)
Thanks - If I can be bothered I'll dig it out and try and do a "proper" mix at some point and sort out the bass end and stuff. The thing is, I was trying to avoid using audio sweeteners and effects as it "flatters" too much - it was supposed to be a demo of Zebra2 and some of my sounds after all :)

So it should certainly be able to sound rather better, but like I say, it's good enough to do the job for now (I say that before I've heard it on speakers - it'll probably sound like arse and I'll cry with shame! :D ).

Anyway, can't take too much of the credit for Zebra just generally sounding good though! 8)

Return to “u-he”