Zebra2 Midi learn

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wondering what the deal is with midilearn, I notice a few knobs have it, but most don't. Is there a reason? Are more going to be implemented? Am I missing something? Didn't see a mention of it in the online manual.

APK
The Circular Ruins/Lammergeyer/Nunc Stans
www.dataobscura.com

Hmmm, you should be able to right-click -> MidiLearn *any* knob. Those knobs that have a popup menu on right-click should have an entry for MidiLearn. Two right-clicks (click -> wait a second -> click) without moving a midi controller should unlearn them...

However, I'm not happy with MidiLearn either. In one of the next free hours I'll improve that!

;) Urs

I've yet to work out how to midi learn two or more controls at once - that would be useful

midi learn is working as expected for me. i can assign multiple knobs, and sliders without a glitch. i don't see how it could be improved seeing as it's already perfect!!! please don't make it unnecessarily complicated, for us users who enjoy the very efficient current implementation!

Ahh, I get it now.
I was expecting a popup menu for any knob that has MidiLearn (like the unassigned knobs), I didn't realise right-clicking activated MidiLearn, even without a menu appearing.

Little odd to have no visual indication ... but hey, once you know that's how it works, fine with me.

Thanks !

It's an amazing synth.
The Circular Ruins/Lammergeyer/Nunc Stans
www.dataobscura.com

beatz wrote:midi learn is working as expected for me. i can assign multiple knobs, and sliders without a glitch. i don't see how it could be improved seeing as it's already perfect!!! please don't make it unnecessarily complicated, for us users who enjoy the very efficient current implementation!

it could be improved by having range settings

pdxindy wrote:it could be improved by having range settings
Not only that... my main concerns are accidental midi learns:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=156032

I get 2-5 mails a month with exactly that problem. On the one hand, there's a strong lobby for quick & dirty midi learn, on the other hand there's a lot of hassle for it being to easily done by accident. Next time I get hands on its code, the lobby for quick & dirty will have a hard time, but I think in the end wit'll be more comfortable, with up to 2048 parameters learnable (128 for 16 midi channels) and maybe even ranges and distinction between global/preset settings...

;) Urs

Hi,

could you please consider to extend the current midi learn feature in a way that it also distinguishes between different channels?

This could be very handy for some controllers, e.g. the CME keyboards have eight sliders with three modes that can be toggled by a button:
1) send cc7 from channel 1 to channel 8
2) send cc7 from channel 9 to channel 16
3) send an arbitrary programmable cc value at channel 1

With the current implementation one can only use mode 3, would be handy to be able to control more parameters by supporting the additional modes. (A similar concept (with just one additional mode) applies to the eight knobs so one would win 24 controls on the UF keyboards)

Greetings,
NothanUmber

NothanUmber wrote:could you please consider to extend the current midi learn feature in a way that it also distinguishes between different channels?
That's already on my list! (see my previous post, the section about "up to 2048 parameters") :)

Return to “u-he”