Improvements!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A development of microtuning would be nice. There is a lot of problems with the .tun files, scala etc. FM8 has a neat system where you can choose from several different tunings, for example pure, and then choose your root note. I think this would be sufficient for most users.

Urs wrote:
Bronto Scorpio wrote:
Aiyn wrote:Is this for DIVA too? I would like a kind of Stereo spread hypersaw. I know it seems a bit out of character but it would be more efficient than voice stacking wouldn't it?

Thats would I would like :)
The filters would have to be stereo then, which would probably almost double the CPU usage :hihi:
I don't know if the world is prepared for that yet :hihi:
Yes. If we added super saw, the voice would still be monophonic. You'd need to stack two voices (like you would in a Virus, or a JP) and spread them in panning with the "Alternate" modulation source.
Actually mono is fine as that would be stacking 2 voices instead of 2, 4 or more. It would still be good!
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

DIVA feature request!

Related to the Plate reverb:

Could we have at least a simple 6db/oct HPF or something to affect the wet signal only?

Used as a reverb or as a creative resonance effect, I think this will be greatly appreciated if we'll have control over the low part of the spectrum.

No more boomy or muddy sound when (ab)using the reverb anymore! :)
+ There seems to be a "vacant" spot or two on the plate module :P

3ee wrote:DIVA feature request!

Related to the Plate reverb:

Could we have at least a simple 6db/oct HPF or something to affect the wet signal only?
Definitely would help. I had thought about this but didn't think to ask for one! :roll:

Good suggestion
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

orebronerd wrote:A development of microtuning would be nice. There is a lot of problems with the .tun files, scala etc. FM8 has a neat system where you can choose from several different tunings, for example pure, and then choose your root note. I think this would be sufficient for most users.
O horror...let's not go back to the 80's (it's just a copy of what hardware synths had back then). There are no problems with .tun files other than it takes few minutes to figure out how to use and modify them.

sempondr wrote:There are no problems with .tun files other than it takes few minutes to figure out how to use and modify them.
Actually, there is a problem with .tun files - some simply don't work as they should. Urs explained it to me once, but I can't remember the details. Easy to fix... just a matter of priorities right now ;)

Apologies if this has been mentioned before... I'd like to be able to see a list of ONLY my favorited sounds in DIVA.

I bought Diva two days ago and I already know that this is the only synth I will ever need!! Absolutely amazing and so versatile! :shock:

However, there is one thing that severely slows my workflow down, and this is the preset management. With so many incredible sounding presets it is hard to keep focus and find one that fits the needs (and most of the time I rather edit presets than program sounds from scratch).

It would be nice if ALL presets could be organized in categories like bass, lead, aso, and not only the ones in the 'local' folder.
I mean there are so many good sounding presets in folders like 'treasure trove', but with hundreds of sounds from each category in one folder it is nearly impossible to find the right one...

andow wrote:I bought Diva two days ago and I already know that this is the only synth I will ever need!! Absolutely amazing and so versatile! :shock:

However, there is one thing that severely slows my workflow down, and this is the preset management. With so many incredible sounding presets it is hard to keep focus and find one that fits the needs (and most of the time I rather edit presets than program sounds from scratch).

It would be nice if ALL presets could be organized in categories like bass, lead, aso, and not only the ones in the 'local' folder.
I mean there are so many good sounding presets in folders like 'treasure trove', but with hundreds of sounds from each category in one folder it is nearly impossible to find the right one...
You can make whatever categories you want and organize your presets in them! I have all my categories as sub-directories of 'user' and save all my own presets there. You can also take any preset in treasure trove and move it to the local/bass or local/lead etc folders

tshear23 wrote:Apologies if this has been mentioned before... I'd like to be able to see a list of ONLY my favorited sounds in DIVA.
+ 1

(same for Zebra! :wink:

orebronerd wrote:A development of microtuning would be nice. There is a lot of problems with the .tun files, scala etc. FM8 has a neat system where you can choose from several different tunings, for example pure, and then choose your root note. I think this would be sufficient for most users.
Besides the fact that all "pure" scales are relative and compromises (first it depends which proportion you want
to keep "pure", second you can never keep all the proportions "pure"; perfect "purity" only exists in Disneyworld) this would be a huge step backwards...

But i agree that the work with ".tun files isn't perfect...

Arrested Developer wrote:
tshear23 wrote:Apologies if this has been mentioned before... I'd like to be able to see a list of ONLY my favorited sounds in DIVA.
+ 1

We're biting the bullet and we'll deal with comprehensive preset tagging. Some time. Once we get to it.

Diva future improvements:

I'd like to be able to make more use of the Voice Map modulator. For example

I'd like to be able to modulate LFO phase per voice
I'd like some control over the envelopes attack per voice
etc

So I thought maybe there could be a pull down menu next to the Voice Map knobs that lets one select from 4 different rows which each has a hardwired destination. This is in addition to the general modulator currently there.

So instead of currently there being 1 row of 8 Voice Map knobs, this would make 4 rows with only 1 visible at a time. The default row would be as is and the other rows selected via pulldown. It would be unobtrusive for those who do not want it and would provide some cool new ways to use per voice modulation.

Even if a mod matrix were added, the additional rows of knobs would be useful...

Likewise, instead of voice map, it could be done with the 6 voice stack knobs...

Urs wrote:
Arrested Developer wrote:
+ 1

We're biting the bullet and we'll deal with comprehensive preset tagging. Some time. Once we get to it.
Wonderful.....
it is the only negative I have re: Zebra2......

rsp

pdxindy wrote:
andow wrote:I bought Diva two days ago and I already know that this is the only synth I will ever need!! Absolutely amazing and so versatile! :shock:

You can make whatever categories you want and organize your presets in them! I have all my categories as sub-directories of 'user' and save all my own presets there. You can also take any preset in treasure trove and move it to the local/bass or local/lead etc folders
true... still it is nice to hear that the u-hes are working on preset tagging, because going through more than 1200 presets to organise them could take some time...
...not that I wouldn't enjoy playing every single preset in Diva... :D

Return to “u-he”