Improvements!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not really a request but suggestion for Diva.
I've heared couple of sound demos of sx-240 today. Absolutely amused by glissando instead of portamento.

You can hear one here: http://www.synthmania.com/sx-240.htm among the demos
Murderous duck!

Not sure if there is some trick way to make it do this:

In Zebra, I'd like something in the MSEG added so you can control the direction it goes in. so instead of always going left to right on it's timeline, maybe something in the matrix or other. Then it could map to the modwheel or something else to change the direction whenever you want.

Or if that's not possible, then to add a "flip" control (flips it so left is then on the right side), similar to the "upside down" for the envelope that is already there.

Hehehe, timing of MSEGs is a mindwrecking task already. I'm getting headaches trying to figure out how to make it more straight so it doesn't go out of sync ever.

Modulating the playback position or direction would be a tough one. That's especially true once MSEGs become available for VCA sources. I'm afraid of the people who accidentally run into cacophonic mayham and then think it's a bug that non of the voices ever end.

That said, our concept for MSEGs in Zebra3 is going to be really cool, with various degrees of freedom other than timing (think OscFX on envelopes).

Urs wrote: (think OscFX on envelopes)
:o :o :o

Urs wrote:Hehehe, timing of MSEGs is a mindwrecking task already. I'm getting headaches trying to figure out how to make it more straight so it doesn't go out of sync ever.

Modulating the playback position or direction would be a tough one. That's especially true once MSEGs become available for VCA sources. I'm afraid of the people who accidentally run into cacophonic mayham and then think it's a bug that non of the voices ever end.

That said, our concept for MSEGs in Zebra3 is going to be really cool, with various degrees of freedom other than timing (think OscFX on envelopes).
Ok cool, thanks Urs :)

EvilDragon wrote:
+1 :tu:

Examigan wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
+1 :tu:
+1 again!

Hehehe... they won't be exactly the same of course, more along the lines of the new drawing tools for the maps in the latest builds.

You mean some pattern-like building tools for envelopes like in NI Massive? That's pretty cool anyways.

do any of the u-he products support voice per (midi) channel?

used by a variety of new controllers to allow per note control , as each voice has separate CC and pitch bend and so an amazing level of expression can be introduced.

controllers that could use it are : eigenharps, madrona labs soundplane, linninstrument , seeboard , taken continuum, various midi guitars, various ipad/iphone controller apps .. and there will be more :)

vst3 note expression* will also require similar underlying structure... but voice per channel is useful now given lack of vst3 support.

* also on my wish list :)

(I know I can achieve with multi instances, but this is pretty cpu intensive, and of course changing the patch in one instances, means then reloading others… with 16 voices this becomes pretty tedious quickly :))

Voice per MIDI channel is on our wishlist, too.

So it isn't in there yet.

Good to hear its on your list too :)
( it's starting to turn up on more soft synths now. especially iOS ones due to the nature of ipad as a controller I guess (x/y for each finger ))

Do you support poly pressure / at ?

btw, really like the breath support on zebra,
works really well with your approach to envelope / modulators,
- love it, thanks :)

thetechnobear wrote:Do you support poly pressure / at ?
Yes.

thanks… I need to go read the manual then :)
I saw aftertouch when going through dark zebras UI, but didn't find anyway to specify channel or poly, perhaps responds to both. my fault, i tend to like to learn by playing, but Zebra is a big beast, need to look for hidden gems in the manual!

The Zebras use the type (channel or poly) of aftertouch they 'see' first.

Return to “u-he”