Improvements!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

SATIN

Are there any planned updates?

It would be fun to have some more intense destroyed tape effects. (i.e. the sound of turning the plugin on and off, without the click/pop). Goodhertz does effects like this nicely with their plugin, but I like the sound quality of Satin better.

DIVA

Multicore on by default.

Greetings to all the nice people at U-HE and to the KVR-crowd.
I own ZEBRA, REPRO-1/5 and BAZILLE and I hope I will be heard cause I got 3 important points for me to suggest for further improvements:

VOLUME-LEVEL / CHANGING PRESETS:
If I change the master-volume knob to a lower or higher level while choosing INIT-patch or when I change to a new patch via the browser, I think it would be great if the level of the MASTER VOLUME would always stay as previously changed.

Why?
Cause everytime I switch to a new preset my speaker system and the CUBASE meters are blowing away. Quite often there also appear loud switching noises and sometimes they are very loud. My older and newer hardware Synth always keep their MASTER VOLUME settings no matter what I do next. Of course, they all have hardware knobs which do not adjust themselves and that kind of behavoir does make sense to me.

EFFECTS-SECTION / DISABLE COMPLETE WITH ONE MASTER-BUTTON:
It would be fantastic if I could enable / disable all programmed effects within a patch with the touch of just one master-button. And when switched to on / off and changing to another preset, the Synth would remember this setting.

Why?
Cause I want to listen to how the Patch and its synth-sound itsself is sounding for a more easy understanding how it is built and whether the great and flashy sound comes from the synth itsself or the effects-section. I know this can be a tough disillusionent, but I think this is a much better way (disabled) to find a patch whos original sound is really fitting your mix...whenever it has to go fast. I also think that most patches have much too much delay and reverb programmed anyway what can be contraproductive in a mix. It means too much fiddeling time what slows you down.

SEPERATE EFFECTS-SECTION
It would be absolutely great if you could offer the effects-units of all your synth as seperate efx-units. Like you did with ZEBRA. Exactly like they are within the synth but usable outside as send-effects units.

Why?
Because they are sooo f.... awsome sounding :)
The real Why: Cause I prefer creating atmosphere and sound of a track in the mix. Whenever I render to audio, I just do it dry to keep all possible ways open for sound design or to make a re-mix someday or whatever. Thats also a more logical way of achieving a whole harmonic result where every instrument can glue more together (homogenetically). The mixing files contain audio only. Thats where external processing units come into game. But it would be great to have the U-He tools at hand because they are simply great and they fit very well to the U-he synth-sounds in general.

Maybe this will come true. I would be veeeery happy :)

Keep up your awsome quality and the great work and also your unmatched philosophy, including your way to treat customers.

Cheers

nichttuntun wrote: VOLUME-LEVEL / CHANGING PRESETS:
If I change the master-volume knob to a lower or higher level while choosing INIT-patch or when I change to a new patch via the browser, I think it would be great if the level of the MASTER VOLUME would always stay as previously changed.

Why?
Cause everytime I switch to a new preset my speaker system and the CUBASE meters are blowing away. Quite often there also appear loud switching noises and sometimes they are very loud.
Put a Limiter or Ice-9 on your output bus.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

nichttuntun wrote:Greetings to all the nice people at U-HE and to the KVR-crowd.
I own ZEBRA, REPRO-1/5 and BAZILLE and I hope I will be heard cause I got 3 important points for me to suggest for further improvements:

VOLUME-LEVEL / CHANGING PRESETS:
Right click on the volume knob and use the 'Lock' option... when you switch presets it will stay where you put it.

Of course if someone has made a preset with the master-volume lower than you have set it, it will actually get louder.

nichttuntun wrote:EFFECTS-SECTION / DISABLE COMPLETE WITH ONE MASTER-BUTTON:
It would be fantastic if I could enable / disable all programmed effects within a patch with the touch of just one master-button. And when switched to on / off and changing to another preset, the Synth would remember this setting.
There is an FX Bypass button already... and it automatically stays where you set it when you change presets

nichttuntun wrote:Quite often there also appear loud switching noises and sometimes they are very loud.
We strive to improve those with every update, and we actually wish to offer the option to gently fade between preset changes. We might implement something like it next year.

Whyterabbyt,
thank you. Sometimes things can be so easy (also easy been overlooked) :)

Pdyindy,
thank you. I think I have to more right-click :) That was exactly what I was looking for (Volume-knob). I must have overseen the Bypass-knob for the efx-section. Special thanks again.

Urs,
wow. Great news. Thank you very much for keeping everything up and maintaining your products although some are already some years old. That is perfect customers care and service!

Do you have already some plans for releasing the efx (eg. from Repro 1/5) as seperate tools for our DAWs?

nichttuntun wrote:Do you have already some plans for releasing the efx (eg. from Repro 1/5) as seperate tools for our DAWs?
Yes. Some of them... whenever we manage to work on these things.

:)

I know that this is a lot of work and U-He will gonna need an earlier revision of a Model D but.. what about an model revision switch for moog parts on Diva (veeeeeery in the future, I guess)?

waltercruz wrote:I know that this is a lot of work and U-He will gonna need an earlier revision of a Model D but.. what about an model revision switch for moog parts on Diva (veeeeeery in the future, I guess)?
I have an early 13xx serial, one of the first "MoogMusic" with stable VCOs, but still with the transparent wheels and metal panel. I think the white wheels and plastic panel were introduced at about 1325.

Veeeeeery in the future is a good guess though.

Mono versions or even better, mono switches if it's possible for Presswerk and Satin will help theoretically to half the CPU usage, as many times in mixing we are dealing with mono material. :)

Also, Presswerk can have it's saturation turn off if the knob is set to minimum, it will save CPU further I guess so that's always a good thing :D

Everything's been said for Z3 in that large thread, so my only wish is a better arp in Diva (current one is quite limited) :)

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

Acknowledgement wrote:Everything's been said for Z3 in that large thread, so my only wish is a better arp in Diva (current one is quite limited) :)
I don't want to be rude but I never understood the fuzz about those arps. What's about or DAWs? There you have it. The greatest and most flexible sequencer you can imagine. Isn't an arp nothing else than a sequencer? Compared to freely played in live or creatively programmed (or both in addition) sequences every arp built in a synth only is a poor and limited version of that. Moreover I think arp-driven music mostly is somehow static and can be very predictable and boring. It somehow kills creativity too if you rely on its mechanisms. But of course it's good for certain things too :)

Hello, a quick feature request for ACE.

Add a mapping source that can be synced to bpm/host.

Return to “u-he”