Zebralette Patch Contest

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So it looks like there's a good number of entrants for this one! And good to see some first timers too!

Shall be submitting mine later on this evening.

definitely the last time -

Please don't use Osc FX "PhaseDist" or "Wrap"!

@joelcorriveau - was it you who suggested the 'patch inspired by a fine art' idea? Would you like to officially submit it for the next contest?

I think you would need to decide if everyone uses the same image (and what that image would be), or whether to instead allow people to find their own image.

And if anyone has any further suggestions...

So far we have:

1. Zebra - no Osc modules (ie use Comb, XFM, or Noise modules as sound sources)
2. Zebra - FM patches
3. Zebra Bass
4. 50's Scifi - (my suggestion) the retro sound of Scifi films from that era, could be either ACE or Zebra
5. Zebrify - design a patch for a given audio file

And one final reminder: in order to qualify for the prize,

everyone who submits a patch also has to vote!

nice stuff, there seems to have a lot of new people trying this contest... it'll be fun !

It was my idea to compose a sound based on an image. And for my idea, everyone would write a patch to the same image. The results would be multiple perspectives interpreting the same landscape.

When I was looking for scans of fine art images... everything was so small! I'll go on Deviant Art this afternoon. If I find something appropriate, within the time frame, I'll certainly post it up.

(I have the rest of Sunday, correct?)

Yep, you've got until the deadline for patch subs.

I reckon you would need to find an image that really suggests some particular sound and that would allow for sonic interpretations that are identifiable with the image, yet isn't so obviously suggestive that everyone makes the same literal translation.

For example, an abstract Miro could be interpreted such that almost any patch could be said to have been inspired by it - you might just as well have a freestyle contest.

OTOH, Picasso's Blue Guitar Man, would just get a load of variations on Spanish guitar - and would in effect be a 'make a guitar patch' contest by another name.

Yes! It's picked up quite a bit in the last 24 hours! I'm especially excited for all the first-timers who have submitted, I wish everyone the best of luck. So far I have presets from the following people:

3ee
abstractcats
arbee
blurk
Exhile
GeorgeZ
Gino Cortesi
Happy Frog
heavensdaw
joelcoriveau
Julian Ray
mcnoone
rsmus7
Sendy

(and I'm talking with ToneCarver, he sent 3 presets and I'm just getting confirmation what his top 2 are)

I'll post the patches and voting thread in just under 24 hours. That means there's still a little bit of time left to get in on the contest!

This is my suggestion for a contest.

Create a patch to score with this image.
http://theflickerees.deviantart.com/gal ... 0#/d2wftfo

Using Zebra or ACE. (Is that allowed?)

Just submitted my patches for the contest. It was really fun and I learned a lot too during the process.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

joelcorriveau wrote:This is my suggestion for a contest.

Create a patch to score with this image.
http://theflickerees.deviantart.com/gal ... 0#/d2wftfo

Using Zebra or ACE. (Is that allowed?)
Okay (it would have to be either Zebra or ACE, but which it is could be left to a vote).

So the choice will be between:

1. Zebra - no Osc modules (ie use Comb, XFM, or Noise modules as sound sources)
2. Zebra - FM patches
3. Zebra Bass
4. ACE/Zebra* - Patch 9 From Outer Space, the retro sound of 50's Scifi
5. Zebrify - design a patch for a given audio file
6. Ace/Zebra* - Create a patch to score with this image.

(*To be decided beforehand)

I think all and all, ACE is the bigger challenge. If it comes down to a vote, I'd go ACE. Not saying Zebra is less challenging, I just think it's harder to work with the natural constraints that ACE presents. In saying all that, I don't mind which one [or others for that matter ie TripleCheeze], I'll still partake ;)
Eternitysound VST Banks

GeorgeZ wrote:If it comes down to a vote
Well, that is the idea. ;)

GeorgeZ wrote: In saying all that, I don't mind which one [or others for that matter ie TripleCheeze], I'll still partake ;)
Can I change my suggestion to TripleCheeze? :D Jokes.

Just want to stress that you cant use Zebra to judge these.
For many of the patches, the modulation does not come through...
ok the ones I submitted for example :)

Best regards

Gino

Return to “u-he”