Zebralette patch contest 1 - Voting

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hakey wrote: I just played them by hand.
Yup, did the same. I think that's the most appropriate way of judging the patches.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

1 Incorporeal
2 PAD Angels Breath
3 singing PAD

1. Hyperborea ........... - 3 points
2. Rhythmic Chatter ... - 2 points
3. Zyngk! ................. - 1 point

Theme: "Zebra - FM "

1. Tight, really like the timber dynamics and yeah, it does what it sais + MW takes the same road, great patch!
2. This might seem like a simple patch at first sight but it's pretty cool.
The patch info indicates: "Hold down a note and modulate away." but I always find myself playing 4-6 keys, normalised. Plus, it's one of those patches that makes you wanna tweak it a bit thus this also makes a great bread'n'butter patch. Like the name for this patch also!
3. Clean, clear, tight. I like the tone. A pinch of extra resolution would be better IMO. Had anyone held AT more than 5 secs on this?

More feedback on some other favorite patches after the voting stage.
Cheers!
:)

Brian - I see my name is still in the 'not voted' list - have you counted my votes from page 2 of this thread?

Don't forget, voting closes Monday the 31st and that's coming up quickly...If you are a patch author and haven't voted yet you are not eligible to win until you do!

Okay, seeing as my votes were missed first time around.

1. Snowflakes.......................3pts
2. Rhythmic Chatter...............2pts
3. pressure new dimensions.....1pts

(Which puts Snowflakes in the no.1 slot with 14pts, followed by Krystalix with 13pts, Rhythmic chatter with 11 pts.... and pressure new dimensions gets onto the scoreboard with 1pt!)

hakey wrote:Brian - I see my name is still in the 'not voted' list - have you counted my votes from page 2 of this thread?
Sorry hakey, I must have missed them with all the side conversations going on in this thread. :oops: First post is being updated now.

bmrzycki wrote:Sorry hakey, I must have missed them with all the side conversations going on in this thread.
It may have been my use of code tags that threw you.

And, Slinky's *ahem* input aside, I think that the discussions here are pretty healthy - they certainly suggest a level of interest and it's good to see that people are getting involved with choosing the theme and making suggestions for the next contest.

We could try putting the discussion in another thread, but it's likely that some folk wouldn't see it and so miss out on the conversation. Besides I wouldn't want to clutter up Urs' forum any more than necessary.

1. Demons Breath Bass
2. Cinema
3. Snowflakes
"There's a certain detail seen here."

hakey wrote:I think that the discussions here are pretty healthy - they certainly suggest a level of interest and it's good to see that people are getting involved with choosing the theme and making suggestions for the next contest. We could try putting the discussion in another thread, but it's likely that some folk wouldn't see it and so miss out on the conversation. Besides I wouldn't want to clutter up Urs' forum any more than necessary.
It's all good hakey. :) I just meant this is an active thread with a lot going on and I missed your post, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Good. :)

I absolutely hate making "which is better" decisions. It all just seems so linear, asif there is some Ultimate Musical Solution. I also believe I am a poor judge, in all honesty, but in the spirit of the contest here are my selections, mainly based on the ones I enjoyed playing with the most.

1 - Snowflakes
2 - Heaven
3 - Rhythmic Chatter

Looks like Snowflakes is a dead cert. It certainly is one of the most striking entries. Makes me think of the artist Ochre. There were a lot of excellent sounds here, though (including my own which I thought were pretty spiffy :lol: ), so everyone's a winner (as we all now have this free awesome bank of presets!).
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:so everyone's a winner (as we all now have this free awesome bank of presets!).
+100
In my opinion this has turned out some of the best quality presets to date and not a single one of you shouldn't be proud of your submission. I personally love these competitions just to hear the wide array of sounds the Zebra/Ace community makes. Thank you all! :D

1.Snowflakes
2.Heaven
3.singing PAD

My votes are for:
  1. Aqua Palace Pad (I'm a sucker for these nice, dense sounds).
  2. RoboPad (I thought the way it emphasised specific beats was clever and the instructions (always like patches that have the info fields filled in) about how to play it effectively were helpful).
  3. Demons Breath Bass (And I'm a sucker for some formant action).
I also think the time is ripe for a Zebrify patch comp.

Return to “u-he”