08/21/12 NEW Rev 903: Diva 1.1.1, Zebra 2.5.4

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thanks!

I've 2 more things to add

* if you send a program change message corresponding to a patch that isn't there (ie send 60 and there only 8 patches in the folder) then diva just ignores it (sensible). However - if you send a bank change to a bank that isn't there, subsequent program change messages are directed to the nonexistent bank and diva stops responding unless you send a new bank message to a bank that does exist.

* if you select a patch over midi, diva displays the name with the bank and program number prefaced - OK i guess, but then if you go to save it after making a change, the name comes up with the bank and program number still prefixed to the name.

So if you want to overwrite the patch you have to edit it back to the original name. this is particularly annoying because the name is limited to a small number of characters, and the prefixing can chop off the end of the name, so to restore the original name you have to both delete the prefix diva has added and retype the end of the original name that the prefixing has caused to be chopped off.

Thanks Tom,

We'll take that into account. My take on Program Changes was that it's a "performance feature" for patches that are set in stone. But because there are so many and for the convenience of it, many people now use Program Changes for casual browsing and even editing.

I'll see what I can do next year... we've got more changes to MIDI in the pipeline anyway...

Cheers,

;) Urs

what i'm finding is that patches need tweaking and resaving during rehearsal, because what sounds good when creating the patch and what sounds good with the whole band playing aren't quite the same, so the consequence is I end up tweaking patches in the midi folder during rehearsal. Just what you'd do with a hardware synth in fact.

i wonder if the midi folder could actually be filled with aliases or wrappers of patches stored elsewhere, so that when either is updated both are. I am ending up with 2 copies of patches, one in my regular folders, and one with a number added to set the order in the bank, in the midi folder. it all gets a bit confusing.

Thanks Tom, I hadn't thought of that.

I do have a "Reload MIDI Programs" command on my to-do list, and I'll keep your observations in mind. Maybe we can decouple the Program/Bank numbers from the preset name.

New public betas for Diva and Zebra:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=368443

Return to “u-he”