New DIVA components

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic

Which synth's components would you like to see u-he add to DIVA next?

Yamaha CS-80
25%
Oberheim OB-X
27%
Prophet 5 V2
15%
ARP 2500
8%
Synthacon Filters
1%
Roland TB-303 Filters
14%
Synthi
5%
Polyvoks
6%

Total votes: 488

RELATED
PRODUCTS

david.beholder wrote:Btw, if you have both in office, how different is the sound of cs 30 and cs 60, I mean in general, are they sharing similar oscs / filters ?
Never had a CS-60, we have a CS-30 in Berlin while Howie has a CS-80 staying over near Frankfurt. There was no chance to do a direct comparison yet. One day I'll compare the schematics of the vital parts and see what there is.

wish there could be a Prophet Osc and filter...really needs a warm Osc suited to poly...IMO...
Presets for u-he Diva -> http://swanaudio.co.uk/

Yeah, I'd much rather have a Prophet than another Roland synth, I think that company's product line has been pretty well mined, personally.

Scrap the Prophet and go for the CS-80! :D

Dunno. Neither CS-60/80 nor Prophet 5 Rev2 in Berlin.

Will need to concentrate on Z3 anyway after Bazille, and that might mean work with CEM 3320.

CEM3320 24dB/Oct. Filter (multi)
used in: Crumar Trilogy, Digisound-80, Doepfer A-21, Fairlight CMI II, OB 8 & OBX-a, Prophet 5 (Rev 3), Prophet 10, Pro-1

buescher wrote:CEM3320 24dB/Oct. Filter (multi)
used in: Crumar Trilogy, Digisound-80, Doepfer A-21, Fairlight CMI II, OB 8 & OBX-a, Prophet 5 (Rev 3), Prophet 10, Pro-1
AND the Elka Synthex, (actually it would be this last configuration that I would find more interesting). Read about it here: http://www.electricdruid.net/index.php? ... fo.cem3320
For a long time, I was convinced that also the Xpander/Matrix-12 were bult based on this chip, but recent research revealed that the filter chip these are based is actually an even "cheapo" component: the CEM3372. Considering what Oberheim did squeeze out of the components used on those synths, a reviewer in Sonicstate considered it a miracle (and outrageous what they charged for them, based on the cost of the referred components). I don't know if it is a miracle, but I am certain they did a hell of a job:
http://www.amsynths.co.uk/Filter_Bank2/ ... m8372.html
And Doepfer went even further, based on the same design (THIS is quite an acomplishment too): http://www.doepfer.de/a107.htm
Fernando (FMR)

Both the SH-7 OSC or CEM 3320 sound like fabulous ideas to me! I think the Juno and Roland drum machines have been well re-produced within the virtual world, but I have to confess that I have yet to hear anything from the SH world that reaches into me even close to the way the sounds of the actual synths seem to.

I would love for some added edginess to DIVA! :pray:

Although I must confess that I am just now getting under the hood of her as she is. And.....I have loved what she does exactly as she is.
Who is "I"? What is "I"? This has yet to be explained.

Prophet 5 V2 is my favourite from the list...but equally consider Octave Cat SRM version A for SSM2040 filtering

Roland SH-5 for gorgeous diode filtering far more beautiful than 303... and that special band pass is probably the thing which Diva is missing the most!

Another exceptional diode filter is Korg Minikorg 700s "traveler" dual serial filter

Crumar Spirit or Synton Fenix for interesting parallel or serial CEM3050 filter

I am aware that I'm probably asking for some of the hardest things to model but, well, I can dream, can't I? :)

And, in my *wildest* dreams, I would like a sample playback oscillator that behaved like an old sampler, especially modelling the differing interpolation styles... Akai S950 for example has a clock based reduction which sounds terrific and looks after the transients so nicely, the Roland S750 has an astonishing interpolation algorithm as well as a great emphasis / de-emphasis circuit which makes things sound warm, clear and expensive and, my personal favourite, the Roland S-550 which does something similar but is far more gritty in its interpolation... I think it's hugely underrated and currently unachievable sound in software.

I'll get my coat...

yum-cha wrote:And, in my *wildest* dreams, I would like a sample playback oscillator that behaved like an old sampler, especially modelling the differing interpolation styles... Akai S950 for example has a clock based reduction which sounds terrific and looks after the transients so nicely, the Roland S750 has an astonishing interpolation algorithm as well as a great emphasis / de-emphasis circuit which makes things sound warm, clear and expensive and, my personal favourite, the Roland S-550 which does something similar but is far more gritty in its interpolation... I think it's hugely underrated and currently unachievable sound in software.

I'll get my coat...
Interesting suggestion, but that seems like a different product from Diva no?

yum-cha wrote:Prophet 5 V2 is my favourite from the list...but equally consider Octave Cat SRM version A for SSM2040 filtering

Roland SH-5 for gorgeous diode filtering far more beautiful than 303... and that special band pass is probably the thing which Diva is missing the most!

Another exceptional diode filter is Korg Minikorg 700s "traveler" dual serial filter

Crumar Spirit or Synton Fenix for interesting parallel or serial CEM3050 filter

I am aware that I'm probably asking for some of the hardest things to model but, well, I can dream, can't I? :)

Some interesting suggestions there... I like the idea of new modules that truly add something different, not just relatively minor variations. Both the new Digital Osc and Uhbie Filter are quite different from what was already there.

yum-cha wrote:And, in my *wildest* dreams, I would like a sample playback oscillator that behaved like an old sampler, especially modelling the differing interpolation styles... Akai S950 for example has a clock based reduction which sounds terrific and looks after the transients so nicely, the Roland S750 has an astonishing interpolation algorithm as well as a great emphasis / de-emphasis circuit which makes things sound warm, clear and expensive and, my personal favourite, the Roland S-550 which does something similar but is far more gritty in its interpolation... I think it's hugely underrated and currently unachievable sound in software.

I'll get my coat...
You might like to check out Plogues Chipcrusher software. It emulates all of this, and more.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:

I'll get my coat...
You might like to check out Plogues Chipcrusher software. It emulates all of this, and more.
Chipcrusher is damn cool and I'm glad you brought it up (need to get it asap) - but it does not emulate the sound of old samplers.

/C
ANALOG DEEP HOUSE 2 for U-HE DIVA
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

DrGonzo wrote:
Sendy wrote:

I'll get my coat...
Chipcrusher is damn cool and I'm glad you brought it up (need to get it asap) - but it does not emulate the sound of old samplers.

/C
Cooliest thing I have seen/heard in a while! Thanks for sharing!
Who is "I"? What is "I"? This has yet to be explained.

Return to “u-he”