Public Beta: Everything u-he

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hakey wrote:Diva bug?

There's a 20dB volume range for successive, same velocity notes with this patch.

________

Cheers for oscillator reset! 8)
I don't think it's a bug - it's merely a weird thing that happens when the "feedback" goes into saturation. A very hard distortion that happens in some cases. When you set the env1-sustain to max and hold a note, you can see what happens in the scope.

I recommend lowering the feedback-volume :-)

cheppner wrote:
qube123 wrote:Hi,

yes correct.

Actually, looking at it, with DCO it doesn't do multi-threaded on the release version either, just uses much, much less CPU. I had assumed before that it was multi as it never maxed out the CPU before.
Okay, that is good news, because the cpu problem will be fixed with the next release.

About the general multi-core problem: The cpu load will only be lower if the sound plays in 'poly' mode and at least two notes are playing. Also, on some hardware multicore doesn't work as well as on others... Could that apply in your case?

Btw: Happy new year to everybody! :-)

Cheers,
- Clemens
OK, cool glad it's fixed, and HNY :)

For completeness of my 'problem' I took the preset 'HS Flaming June' running in 'Great' with MT switched on, played and held two notes in unison. Running under Logic 9.1.8 in 32-bit mode on a 2011 Macbook Pro with OSX 10.8.2, quad 2GHz I7 with 8GB of RAM and Hybrid SATA HDD.

On the release version a single CPU core peaks at about 20-25% according to Logic's CPU meter.

Playing the exact same preset, same two notes with 1331 the CPU core hits 100% instantly and the sound breaks up, it's the same if I set it to draft.

Looking forward to the next release.

Yep, "Flaming June" uses the (kaputt) DCO. Will be fixed v. soon! :)

Cool. Looking forward to be back to studio tomorrow :)

Is this a public beta for current product owners, or for anybody? In other words, if I do not own Diva, will I be able to install the Diva 1.331 beta?

thenumber23 wrote:Is this a public beta for current product owners, or for anybody? In other words, if I do not own Diva, will I be able to install the Diva 1.331 beta?
Yes, you can install the beta link from the first post and it will run in unregistered/demo mode.

bmrzycki wrote:
thenumber23 wrote:Is this a public beta for current product owners, or for anybody? In other words, if I do not own Diva, will I be able to install the Diva 1.331 beta?
Yes, you can install the beta link from the first post and it will run in unregistered/demo mode.
Ah - thanks for the info!

Much thanks for 64bit Zebra :)

i m not sure if i m the only one to have this but since few versions with diva and ace i have cpu spike that max out cpu use into logic, every 30 sec/minute maybe on diva.
i use snow leopard on logic 9 with a macbook. i tried to use multi threaded option, it dont help, i tried to set logic to use dual corps and to not use the 2 virtual corp of the cpu, same it dont help.

cheppner wrote:
hakey wrote:Diva bug? There's a 20dB volume range for successive, same velocity notes with this patch.
I don't think it's a bug - it's merely a weird thing that happens when the "feedback" goes into saturation. A very hard distortion that happens in some cases. When you set the env1-sustain to max and hold a note, you can see what happens in the scope.
Yes, I had my doubts after posting. Thanks for the explanation.

Would a physical synth be self limiting, ie, the signal distorting above a given amplitude?

Zebra 2.6 rev1331
XY Performance superbug :cry:

Let's say all the X1 slots are full, ..
I accidentally assign another parameter to X1 and will replace one of the used slots.
...than when I replace again (undoing the mistake) and save, reload and the particular slot is always empty.

...maybe that the knob internally remembers XY assignments (from right-click parameter list) but once changing assignments from the XY tab won't really remember.

Something's obviously wrong with the FMOs with rev1331

Saved patches using FMOs sound like the out of tune "random" pitch.

3ee wrote:Something's obviously wrong with the FMOs with rev1331

Saved patches using FMOs sound like the out of tune "random" pitch.
Can you send me a before/after example (mp3?) and the saved patch?

Hi, i seem to have a few problems with diva vst3 64bit in cubase 7, first i use automap and even though i can see the automap plugin in the vst instruments menu it will not load.
and the next thing is the asio performance is a larger load when the multithread is on than when its off,in any mode but divine? im using the lastest build 1331.
i can send you a video clip or pictures
could someone else test this in cubase7 64bitosx
ps my system is 10.8.2 osx on a mac pro 6 core x 3.3 ghz

thanks

terry

[/img][/url]
Music producer and engineer for 25 years product tester for Arturia
aka Logicaldream

telogic wrote:Hi, i seem to have a few problems with diva vst3 64bit in cubase 7, first i use automap and even though i can see the automap plugin in the vst instruments menu it will not load.
and the next thing is the asio performance is a larger load when the multithread is on than when its off,in any mode but divine? im using the lastest build 1331.
i can send you a video clip or pictures
could someone else test this in cubase7 64bitosx
ps my system is 10.8.2 osx on a mac pro 6 core x 3.3 ghz

thanks

terry

[/img][/url]
With Automap (Novation) you should be on 4.6 (windows) or 4.5 (Mac). VST3s are automatically integrated with automap, they are not wrapped. In others words if you open Diva(automap) you are not opening the vst3 version only the vst2.4. If you open the vst3 version it will show as a normal plugin but automap will already be assigned and ready for ou to edit what parameter you wish to assign in automap.

This may indicate your cpu usage as I understand with vst3 the usage of the plugin is not active until it is played or engaged again within a project, assuming your host daw supports vst3.

You may decide to delete the non vst3 plugins from your plugins folder, including the automap versions, once you are happy with what you are doing as vst3's are more efficient. Others with a more profound knowledge will correct me if I am wrong :)

Peace

[/i]

Return to “u-he”