New! U-he Compressor and/or Tape emulator - Satin!

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ThomasHelzle wrote:I think he refers to Michael Jackson ;-)
No. that is a CUT-OFF :lol:
Professional technicians are assessed by the abilities they possess.
Amateur technicians are assessed by the tools they possess - and the amount of those tools, with an obvious preference to the latest hyped ones.
(Gabe Dumbbell)

I stand corrected, Sir!

;-)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Very excited about this plugin!

I haven't read the whole thread, so excuse me if i'm asking for something that's already included, but here goes:

What i'd love to see is the following: a sort of EQ emphasis / de-emphasis function that would work like this:

Imagine you're slamming a track with saturation (in a mastering situation) and it sounds great, only (for example) the low end is breaking up a touch and the high-end is getting a touch too hyped and fizzy.

To fix this, you could dial in (say) a 4dB shelf cut at 100hz, and a 4dB shelf cut at 8khz. When you make these cuts, the plugin does the following: It makes the cuts BEFORE the saturation, then, automatically and at the same time does a 4dB shelf BOOST at those same frequencies AFTER the saturation.

So you have two (linked) EQs, one before and one after the saturation. The second EQ making the opposite changes dialled in on the first EQ .I've done this trick manually (with 2 EQ instances) with the Waves Kramer tape plug and it works great for subtly changing how the saturation affects your audio!

Without revealing too much at this time, here's a snip-out of some of the many tweakable things (beside type, speed & bias) affecting the pre & post color:

Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

sascha wrote:Nope, it's got nothing to do with any uhbik. As Urs said, it's gonna be beyond tape, so it'll probaly mature as something bulkier than already foreseen here ;)
beyond tape to what exactly? Are you modelling any particular machines like Slate did for the VTM?
Intel Core2 Quad CPU + 4 GIG RAM

sascha wrote:Without revealing too much at this time, here's a snip-out of some of the many tweakable things (beside type, speed & bias) affecting the pre & post color:

Cool!

A couple more requests :)

Built in M/S. Ever tried do saturation just on the S channel? That can be really wild at getting something super-wide. I know you can also use a third party M/S matrix with any plugin, but nothing beats having M/S built right into a plug.

And......do you know that funtion on the Waves L2, Kramer tape and Fabfilter limiter whereby you can simultaneously boost the input gain AND lower the output gain at the same time, with one knob or slider? Allowing you to hear the saturation (or limiting) take effect without the volume increasing. Gotta have that as well!

Thanks! ..... Mr D

Mr D wrote:And......do you know that funtion on the Waves L2, Kramer tape and Fabfilter limiter whereby you can simultaneously boost the input gain AND lower the output gain at the same time, with one knob or slider? Allowing you to hear the saturation (or limiting) take effect without the volume increasing. Gotta have that as well!
Of course ganged on all instances. That Waves L1 / L2 has a beautiful GUI, better than all the other peak limiter plugs.

electro wrote:
Mr D wrote:And......do you know that funtion on the Waves L2, Kramer tape and Fabfilter limiter whereby you can simultaneously boost the input gain AND lower the output gain at the same time, with one knob or slider? Allowing you to hear the saturation (or limiting) take effect without the volume increasing. Gotta have that as well!
Of course ganged on all instances. That Waves L1 / L2 has a beautiful GUI, better than all the other peak limiter plugs.
If you didn't get a chance, check out the Fabfilter limiter. It kills the Waves limiters in sound quality and also has a superb interface!

Mr D wrote:
electro wrote:
If you didn't get a chance, check out the Fabfilter limiter. It kills the Waves limiters in sound quality and also has a superb interface!
I use the Voxengo Elephant for peak limiting but wish I could control Elephant with the L2 GUI. That GUI is so well thought out every other GUI seems silly.

Check out the Fabfilter, the interface rocks. It's a lot more complicated then the L2, but also is way more tweakable with a far wider range of sounds, from super transparent to, basically, clipping, and everything in between.

The Elephant is quite nice, but let's not talk about the Voxengo interfaces! :(

The Fabfilter's metering is phenomenal. A very well thought out GUI.

please please please please PLEASE include a version of this with 'delay time', 'feedback', 'wow and flutter', and 'wet/dry mix' controls. I would love a u-he tape delay that really focused on the TAPE side of things rather than the delay (I realize I could probably patch this myself by putting this plug in the feedback loop of another delay using MAX/MSP or similar of course, but easy is good right?)

Let me just say that a couple of requests posted in this thread have already been covered in the current state of the plugin. That's all there is to say here from my side at this moment... I'll seal my lips... zzziiipppp... mmmmhhhh!!! :)
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

sascha wrote:Let me just say that a couple of requests posted in this thread have already been covered in the current state of the plugin. That's all there is to say here from my side at this moment... I'll seal my lips... zzziiipppp... mmmmhhhh!!! :)
No matter how many FRs we implement, they'll always need more :hihi:

Reminds me of something...

"Some people get by
With a little understanding
Some people get by
With a whole lot more
I don't know
Why you gotta be so undemanding
One thing I know
I want more"

- The Sisters Of Mercy
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board

Return to “u-he”