Public Beta3: Absoluhtely Everything

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Urs wrote:We'll look into these things. I think Clemens fixed a bug in the 14-bit MIDI support (due to the lack of suitable controllers, my focus was merely on a coarse/fine approach with 2 separate knobs when I implemented it).

I do believe that the majority of fixes outweighs the problems left - especially if remaining niggles are related to VST3 which hasn't been available before. Hence we might release these anyway and take it from there.

[...]
Great to hear, Urs. :) No rush, and don't hold back the release on my account - it's not the dangerous or completely unusable sort of 'broken', it's just confusing and uncomfortable, imho. Perhaps also a topic for a bit more discussion, as changes may affect users relying on the current implementation. I'll definitely manage to get by for the time being. Also, I am way too curious about the surprise addition to Diva that you've been teasing us with. ;)

Urs wrote: Regarding the resize issue. Well. What revision number is shown on the bottom right? Because quite frankly, if it really is the current revision then I'm happy to postpone VST3 support for another year or two. We're wasting way too much time over this.
its the latest 1459, but sure no worries..vst2 64bit works very well.

Ok, so, I'm not at my music station now, but general question about the Zebra2 mod mappers - I wasn't testing the latest revision, BTW. But, if I open the zoomed window for a mod mapper, and choose, say, 12 discrete steps, the mini view in the main Zebra window still shows all 128 bars.

Is it intended? I would sort of expected it to show only 12 in the small view.

Am I making any sense? Was it changed in the newest revision? I don't have a license, only the demo.

Adrian B wrote:Is it intended? I would sort of expected it to show only 12 in the small view.
I just tried the VST and AU (32-bit latest beta) versions in Reaper. The Mod Mappers appear as expected i.e. only 12 in both views. Can anyone else confirm what Adrian is describing, and if so, what is your setup (DAW etc.)?

Howard wrote:
Adrian B wrote:Is it intended? I would sort of expected it to show only 12 in the small view.
I just tried the VST and AU (32-bit latest beta) versions in Reaper. The Mod Mappers appear as expected i.e. only 12 in both views. Can anyone else confirm what Adrian is describing, and if so, what is your setup (DAW etc.)?
I had better check with the latest revision tonight, before anyone gets concerned.
a

I was just wondering if my 'crackling/distortion in the left hand channel' bug has been confirmed and the source found?

Not trying to harass, I can tell you are under pressure, just interested to see if my bug report was a help and looking forward to the official 1.2 version release... it did seem like a serious bug and strange no-one else has reported anything similar.

Howard wrote:
Hi. I just noticed it was only a problem using alternate skin "Unempty Dark Horse" which I guess installed with Zebra? The default look works as expected.

thermal wrote:I was just wondering if my 'crackling/distortion in the left hand channel' bug has been confirmed and the source found?

Not trying to harass, I can tell you are under pressure, just interested to see if my bug report was a help and looking forward to the official 1.2 version release... it did seem like a serious bug and strange no-one else has reported anything similar.
I've tried to wrap my head around this. Is there any chance you can send us an mp3 to support at u-he dot com?

Did you send us a preset that exhibits this?

Can you pinpoint it to a certain FX type or Pan modulation setting?

We'll look into this today, but I really have no idea why the left channel would be any different from the right channel.

Urs wrote:
thermal wrote:I was just wondering if my 'crackling/distortion in the left hand channel' bug has been confirmed and the source found?

I've tried to wrap my head around this. Is there any chance you can send us an mp3 to support at u-he dot com?

Did you send us a preset that exhibits this?

Can you pinpoint it to a certain FX type or Pan modulation setting?

We'll look into this today, but I really have no idea why the left channel would be any different from the right channel.
There is no effects on the patch, can't remember about pan modulation.

Please check my previous post a page ago that describes the problem, included is a linked .zip file that has a mixdown .wav file and a .h2p patch file:

http://www.learndigitalaudio.com/blog/w ... bitVST.zip

I have difficulties hearing any sort of distortion or difference in both channels of the .wav file.

We can't see anything in an audio editor either.

Hmmm... Fritz is testing the preset now...

Urs wrote:
I have difficulties hearing any sort of distortion or difference in both channels of the .wav file.

We can't see anything in an audio editor either.

Hmmm... Fritz is testing the preset now...
I have been sat here listening to the same file myself and hear it clearly on headphones and speakers on 2 different computers, but have discovered I hear it in the same ear if i reverse the headphones!

My conclusion is maybe I have a bit of wax in the left ear that vibrates at that exact frequency.

If this is the case i am really sorry to have wasted your time!! The sound is like a buzzing, if none of you guys can hear it then the problem must be with me :(

thermal wrote:I think i may have a nasty Diva bug in the latest 1459 beta. I am using the PC 64bit version VSTi in Reaper.

Please check this:

http://www.learndigitalaudio.com/blog/w ... bitVST.zip

It contains a .wav mixdown and the patch file that created it.

Notice the crackling/distortion in the left hand channel only during the fade. It happens if you flip to other oscillator emulations using this patch too, and other sample rates and multicore on/off.

I made the patch in the previous stable version of diva and never listened carefully to it, I don't have any other versions installed than the latest beta to compare it to now.
Thanx for your detailed report!
I listened to your wave file and I can't hear any distortion in there. I checked it with your preset and your instructions and can't reproduce your problem, sorry.

thermal wrote:The sound is like a buzzing, if none of you guys can hear it then the problem must be with me :(
Yep... please go to a doctor and get it checked. Hope you'll be fine!

Urs wrote:
thermal wrote:The sound is like a buzzing, if none of you guys can hear it then the problem must be with me :(
Yep... please go to a doctor and get it checked. Hope you'll be fine!
THANKS! I am pretty sure it must be wax, I have had problems with that before, going to try some ear drops.

A decision has been made. This build will be released right after Musikmesse. We can't release it before because we'll be out of town for a week.

We have figured that two niggles persist: MIDI Learn confusion/room for improvement and a UI resize problem on few configurations. Both of these issues are part of legacy code that is going to be replaced by future work.

The current MIDI Learn system is a preliminary step inbetween the old and the new. It has new underpinnings, but uses the old interface. If left untouched it works just like the old used to work. However, it's much more capable than the old system. It simply lacks its corresponding controls on the user interface. This will be added after the release and it'll fix the issues left. Adding it before the release isn't practical because it still requires a lot of work, e.g. a final key control system that's not yet finished, and thus extensive testing.

The UI resize problem is a bit of a bummer, because it all worked well until some host got updated. We believe that it's possibly a flaw on the host side that requires us to code yet another workaround. However, a lot of work has gone into the development of a new GUI resizing mechanism in our framework. This new system eliminates blurry appearance and the infamous white lines bug.

Both issues left are neither worse than the current official versions, nor does it make sense to address them when they're going to be adressed by features that are going to be released in the near future anyway.

There are a few other things on our radar which have the status of "keep an eye on it". One mishap for instance is the change of parameter order in ACE from V1.0 to V1.1 - I had that fixed, but then screwed up by not releasing the fix officially. So now V1.1 is the most used version and we will need provide users of 1.0/1.1.1 with a solution. That's also one reason as to why we want to release after Musikmesse, not before.

- Urs

Return to “u-he”