Satin rev1973 public beta testing

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Near-instantaneous loading now with EnergyXT2.7beta :)

instant loading in Ableton Live 9.0.5
I did notice though (not sure if it happened with the former version, or any other plugin for that matter)… when the GUI loads, a second later - the whole GUI suddenly moves up the screen by about 5-10 pixels. Possibly to fit in the bottom of the GUI?

Urs wrote:
It would be great if you could check it out :-)

Hi Urs,
I'm just checking and it's (still) really weird...
First of all, there are 14 instances of Satin in the song, one is actually muted.
In the beginning (that means after opening Logic & the project, the CPU load is quite moderate:
6 of the 8 cores* have a CPU-load of about 50-60&; 1 is about 20%, 1 is unused.

Then suddenly, the load of 6 cores jumps up tho 100% and Logic stops (system overload).
From this point on, logic only uses 6 cores.

Bypassing two plug ins in the Master-Bus (Ozone 5 & 1 instance of Satin) lowers the CPU-load, but there are peaks (CPU-wise)
that create system overloads.

(p.s. when loading, the 2 plugins in the masterbus where bypassed. Activating them didn't affected the CPU noticeably).

Closing the song and reopening it caused a crash (of Logic) while the status bar said "Loading Satin"

...will do a restart now.

2nd EDIT**:
Restarted logic.
It was more or less the same thing again.
For some reason (???) a bit a better performance (fewer system overloads).

* as Logic shows it. In fact it's just 4cores. (i7@ 2GHz)
** first Edit was correction of wrong quotation
Last edited by Arrested Developer on Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

sqigls wrote:instant loading in Ableton Live 9.0.5
I did notice though (not sure if it happened with the former version, or any other plugin for that matter)… when the GUI loads, a second later - the whole GUI suddenly moves up the screen by about 5-10 pixels. Possibly to fit in the bottom of the GUI?
Yeah this happened before, please see Urs' reply to my post on the previous page of this thread :)

ah, i see cheers ;)

Short update:
The problem is still there.
I have the impression that opening plug in windows starts the problems.
(not only the GUI of Satin, but others also)

Bonzer

justed tested the 32bit version in the latest reaper version.
the gui loads amazing fast - i was like wow.
i had no cpu spike on my old AMD here (good 4 years old).
noticed no other bugs while keep tweaking it.

Arrested Developer wrote:Short update:
The problem is still there.
I have the impression that opening plug in windows starts the problems.
(not only the GUI of Satin, but others also)
Hmmm... something we might need to say. If you have multiple Satin GUIs open, don't use too many with the bottom settings panel visible. The analyser requires a second instance of Satin to run internally, which may almost double CPU usage - but mostly on the UI thread. That's why we hide it by defult in the first place, but I'm not sure if we mentioned that anywhere :oops:

Urs wrote:If you have multiple Satin GUIs open, don't use too many with the bottom settings panel visible. The analyser requires a second instance of Satin to run internally, which may almost double CPU usage - but mostly on the UI thread. That's why we hide it by defult in the first place, but I'm not sure if we mentioned that anywhere :oops:
Good to know - I'll add that to the manual :)

Urs wrote:If you have multiple Satin GUIs open, don't use too many with the bottom settings panel visible. The analyser requires a second instance of Satin to run internally, which may almost double CPU usage
Hi Urs,
unfortunately this didn't solve the issue.
What I'm wondering is why the 7th and 8th core aren't adressed at all.

In another project i have a CPU-heavy Zebra-Pad with Satin behind it.
It causes the weird situation that one core has an overload while the other ones are near (or at) 0 %

Edit:

Pictures of the CPU load with and without Satin:

Last edited by Arrested Developer on Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Just wanted to say thanks the AAX 64 seems more stable. I am not getting funny cpu spikes in PT11 but am continuing to monitor it. Haven't checked PT10 yet.

Do have two potential issues going on:

I am getting clicks when switching between certain presets in PT11, when no audio is playing, is this known behaviour?

Also
Opening Satin.vst in MAX 6.1.3 (with the vst~ object) when audio processing isn't on crashes MAX, this does not happen with the AU version, or other plugins I don't think. This may be MAX's fault of course...

Also Also
This is a great plugin guys!

Nice Update. So far it runs stable. Also, the Asio consumption slighty dropped.

16x Satins Build 1900

16x Satins Build 1973

But the most awesome thing is, that Satin finally runs in jbridge !!
16x Satins Build 1973 jbridged asynchronous mode

edit: does not run stable with jbridge in performance mode :(

out of curiosity why do you need it to run on jbridge?
rsp
sound sculptist

Return to “u-he”