Bug Friday - win & suffer with u-he!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tp3 wrote:
Compyfox wrote:I did have some findings however.
Tested on an i7 920, Win 7 Pro/Ultimate x64, RME HDSPe (currently on v3.38 with 256 samples as buffer), 6GB RAM, Cubase 6.5 x64, Cubase 7.06 (32bit), Cubase 7.06 x64. Test file was in 44/24, VST2 instances were used.

Creating a batch of 20 WAV channels with noise initially resulted in a "no processing" behavior until I saved and restarted.
I'm drooling over those numbers. my computer is not THAT inferior (9550) and according to DAWbench should be 25% slower which should - theoretically - give me at least 15 instances to play with.

I'd wish... with Rev 2107 I was able to reach 7 and the machine would freeze and halt (CPU consumption buildup
seem better. but overall its still not good).

Any new over that end ?
What if you delete Satin.log from your desktop? (not before making sure that Bug Friday ain't happening to you, of course)

I was thinking that your bug may be related to this one: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=396288
If I remember well, I tried with synth1 and other synths and the first not played *only with u-he synths*. I thought that it was an initialization issue in your synth engine. Have you looked at it?

Urs wrote:
Tp3 wrote:
Compyfox wrote:I did have some findings however.
Tested on an i7 920, Win 7 Pro/Ultimate x64, RME HDSPe (currently on v3.38 with 256 samples as buffer), 6GB RAM, Cubase 6.5 x64, Cubase 7.06 (32bit), Cubase 7.06 x64. Test file was in 44/24, VST2 instances were used.

Creating a batch of 20 WAV channels with noise initially resulted in a "no processing" behavior until I saved and restarted.
I'm drooling over those numbers. my computer is not THAT inferior (9550) and according to DAWbench should be 25% slower which should - theoretically - give me at least 15 instances to play with.

I'd wish... with Rev 2107 I was able to reach 7 and the machine would freeze and halt (CPU consumption buildup
seem better. but overall its still not good).

Any new over that end ?
What if you delete Satin.log from your desktop? (not before making sure that Bug Friday ain't happening to you, of course)
Did that.

And checked. no friday.

Hate to throw a curve, but I can't get the VST3 version to even load in C7.5 ... It shows in the insert slot, but never enables. 2.4 version loads fine.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Once again no bugs. Let's add up our hours and send Urs a bill for our testing time. :)

I wonder if this is something that would tend to happen on a broken system, ie bad or misconfigured memory.
♫♪♫♫♪♫

Yeah, hmmm…

I'm officially puzzled.

We'll be looking into this whole thing from a fresh perspective next week.

I wish to thank everyone for taking part in this challenge.

Allthough I'm sad we haven't got a winner (I truely am, in multiple ways), I want you to know that the time & effort wasn't wasted. We did find a couple of bugs by your feedback, albeit not the muting ones.

I hope we can do this again if we run into a similar issue…

Thanks,

- Urs

Urs wrote: We did find a couple of bugs by your feedback, albeit not the muting ones.
Urs, I just wanted to be sure that I'm not complaining about something that I shouldn't :

Does the CPU usage should be like that (is it OK) ? because you haven't mentioned it AT ALL (not that I've seen at least - not on your latest posts, anyway). I am NOT getting muted tracks (got it maybe once or twice) but the plug seem to impose EXTREMELY heady load on my machine, when I start to instasiate. is that the amount of plugin count that I should expect on my 9550 machine (6 or 7 instances) ?

I'll a little puzzled by that... :(

Tp3, the issue of excessive CPU load on some systems is most likely something different from the bug we started this thread about.

We need to look into that issue too. Maybe it's all related - who is to say…?

Urs wrote:Tp3, the issue of excessive CPU load on some systems is most likely something different from the bug we started this thread about.

We need to look into that issue too. Maybe it's all related - who is to say…?
Hey... just sayin' :)

I needed to know because it drives me crazy...

As I already told someone else : I have faith in you guys :tu:

Return to “u-he”