Bug Friday - win & suffer with u-he!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ran into a silence situation and a crash. Sent all logs to the support address.

Agility wrote:Initially managed to load 20 instances of VST3 and it played fine, closed and restarted Cubase to Silence.. meters showing level but no sound.

Had it crash Cubase open loading 1 instance in another project also...

Not to concerned about the Bug Friday challenge but should I send the log to you guys? I sent one earlier aswell.

Thanks.

EDIT: Sent along with screencap.
Just so I'll be able to estimate where am I standing :

What is you CPU ?

I'm on 9550 and although this version is slightly better, I get max at 7 or 8 (VST2).

There is a HUGE jump between instance 3 and 4 (20% or so !) and 6 and 7 (less then that but still more then other
instances).

No Friday bug though, and no mute/silence here.
Last edited by Tp3 on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

This is so depressing, 15 channels with Logic 9, 20 channels with Live 9 nothing no Bug friday

Urs wrote:
Breeze wrote:...That's strange because there's no log on my desktop.
Hmmm, if log isn't written... does the revison number on Satin's UI read 2085?

I don't know if Alt-drag is any different... it might be.
Yes the revision is right. For some reason I have to F5 my desktop to see new items... The log is clear. I'll try the new build.

b2086 = lots of the messages 3ee posted, but otherwise fine.
Last edited by Breeze on Sat Nov 30, 2013 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Man, just had a weird looking log file. Sent that along as well. Had this really weird word in it.

edit: Nevermind, the weird looking word is actually three words in German. That took a minute to figure out :)

Great, keep them coming :)

(I'm a bit zonked out by now... it's 8:30, I start my evening-do-nothing... will check mails tomorrow)

Tp3 wrote:
Agility wrote:Initially managed to load 20 instances of VST3 and it played fine, closed and restarted Cubase to Silence.. meters showing level but no sound.

Had it crash Cubase open loading 1 instance in another project also...

Not to concerned about the Bug Friday challenge but should I send the log to you guys? I sent one earlier aswell.

Thanks.

EDIT: Sent along with screencap.
Just so I'll be able to estimate where am I standing :

What is you CPU ?

I'm on 9550 and although this version is slightly better, I get max at 7 or 8 (VST2).

There is a HUGE jump between instance 3 and 4 (20% or so !) and 6 and 7 (less then that but still more then other
instances).

No Friday bug though, and no mute/silence here.
i5 3570k.. both versions take me to just over 75% cpu usage at 20 instances.. no other VST's running though..

No "luck" here in Live 8 x64 and x86 nor Bitwig with VST 2.x nor in Studio One x86 or x64.
20 audio tracks each with Satins on them, different presets, changing settings, open close, grouping...
Seems to work as expected, no audio mutes even after load and save several times.

Windows 8 x64

Is that good or bad ;-)

Cheers and good luck with the bugger!

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Lujxio wrote:This is so depressing, 15 channels with Logic 9, 20 channels with Live 9 nothing no Bug friday
I think it is like always: all the bugs are at the windows side. :) So we mac users aren't "lucky" today.

trance_lucent wrote:
Lujxio wrote:This is so depressing, 15 channels with Logic 9, 20 channels with Live 9 nothing no Bug friday
I think it is like always: all the bugs are at the windows side. :) So we mac users aren't "lucky" today.
I'm on a Mac.

I'm all clear with the latest version too. I realize this would likely interfere somewhat with the competitive nature of the bug hunt (which I honestly don't care much about; I'm more concerned with helping you find the problem...), but if by Monday nothing is found, could you tell us what you know about the rigs and the project details of the people experiencing this problem? Maybe more targeted tests would find something. :shrug:

UncleAge wrote:
trance_lucent wrote:
I'm on a Mac.
Well you might want to get off of it.. The case wasn't made to support the weight of a human being.

VitaminD wrote:
UncleAge wrote:
trance_lucent wrote:
I'm on a Mac.
Well you might want to get off of it.. The case wasn't made to support the weight of a human being.
Especially my fat butt :lol: (even though I did loose 37lbs last year!)

Breeze wrote:I'm all clear with the latest version too. I realize this would likely interfere somewhat with the competitive nature of the bug hunt (which I honestly don't care much about; I'm more concerned with helping you find the problem...), but if by Monday nothing is found, could you tell us what you know about the rigs and the project details of the people experiencing this problem? Maybe more targeted tests would find something. :shrug:
It's anything, really. Samplitude, Cubase, Logic and thus any platform and format.

However, here's a suspicion: It may happen when a project is reopened and not all tracks start processing at once. That is, maybe some tracks are not processed right away (track isn't selected, audio starts a few bars in). Maybe the UI of such s track is open.

Another hint is use of stereo and mono tracks. But I couldn't yet make a connection. Similarly, two tracks on master.

One report involves three Satins on a single track, one of them being a delay. We thought this was a VST3 problem, but maybe it isn't.

*sigh* if it's a threading problem and the amount of logging interferes with it... it'll be hard to find. Anyone with an 8GHz i9 machine?

Urs wrote:Anyone with an 8GHz i9 machine?
Just ordered one through my time travel agency - those render times are killing me ;-)
Delivery time is several years though... :-)

Cheers and best of luck!

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

Return to “u-he”