Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR

VST3 - known issues (Updated info!)

Hanz Meyzer
KVRian

632 posts since 20 Oct, 2014

Postby Hanz Meyzer; Sat Nov 04, 2017 3:17 am Re: VST3 - known issues (Updated info!)

Hi,

didn't fully understand the essence of the first post. My question is, can I currently use note expression with Zebra2 using the VST3 version? Would love to do so.

Thanks.
Urs
u-he

21753 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Sat Nov 04, 2017 4:51 am Re: VST3 - known issues (Updated info!)

Hanz Meyzer wrote:Hi,

didn't fully understand the essence of the first post. My question is, can I currently use note expression with Zebra2 using the VST3 version? Would love to do so.

Thanks.

Unfortunately not. Zebra2 does not have any code to distinguish voice differences other than the obvious note and velocity, and polyphonic aftertouch. Everything else is handled on a global level.

Our newer stuff (ACE, Diva, Hive, Bazille, Repro-5) has per-voice controllability using MIDI Controllers (ModWheel, PitchBend, AT, CC#2, CC#11) different MIDI channels (as in, MPE). I'm not a Cubase expert so I don't know how Note Expressions relate to this.
Hanz Meyzer
KVRian

Postby Hanz Meyzer; Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:53 am Re: VST3 - known issues (Updated info!)

Thanks! Do you know if I could MPE in Bitwig to have a similar feature, using Zebra2 VST2.4?
Urs
u-he

21753 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:28 am Re: VST3 - known issues (Updated info!)

Hanz Meyzer wrote:Thanks! Do you know if I could MPE in Bitwig to have a similar feature, using Zebra2 VST2.4?

That's the thing... Zebra2 does not have the feature no matter what. It's code is simply from an era where multichannel MIDI support wasn't an issue. In prospect of the V3 update (which finally picked up pace) I never found the energy to revise those specs. It's a humongous 6000 lines piece of code which includes the arpeggiator with its control sequence.
Hanz Meyzer
KVRian

Postby Hanz Meyzer; Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:28 pm Re: VST3 - known issues (Updated info!)

Urs wrote:That's the thing... Zebra2 does not have the feature no matter what. It's code is simply from an era where multichannel MIDI support wasn't an issue. In prospect of the V3 update (which finally picked up pace) I never found the energy to revise those specs. It's a humongous 6000 lines piece of code which includes the arpeggiator with its control sequence.

Ok! Thanks again for the detailed info. Btw. in my humble opinion the arp could be removed for the sake of mpe - if that was the main headache. Arps are available as midi plugins in most DAWs, too. :party: (Preparing for shitstorm...)
zvenx
KVRAF

6058 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:33 pm Re: VST3 - known issues (Updated info!)

Hanz Meyzer wrote:
Urs wrote:That's the thing... Zebra2 does not have the feature no matter what. It's code is simply from an era where multichannel MIDI support wasn't an issue. In prospect of the V3 update (which finally picked up pace) I never found the energy to revise those specs. It's a humongous 6000 lines piece of code which includes the arpeggiator with its control sequence.

Ok! Thanks again for the detailed info. Btw. in my humble opinion the arp could be removed for the sake of mpe - if that was the main headache. Arps are available as midi plugins in most DAWs, too. :party: (Preparing for shitstorm...)

lol
yep and you would deserve it.
The arp is so much part of many of my favourite zebra sounds..... and to take it out to put in a currently clique feature? ahhh... nooo :-)....ahh hell frigging no :-)
rsp
pdxindy
KVRAF

12753 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:00 pm Re: VST3 - known issues (Updated info!)

zvenx wrote:
Hanz Meyzer wrote:

lol
yep and you would deserve it.
The arp is so much part of many of my favourite zebra sounds..... and to take it out to put in a currently clique feature? ahhh... nooo :-)....ahh hell frigging no :-)
rsp

We'll have both in Zebra 3!! :tu:
Previous

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he