Diva 1.3, Zebra 2.7 (rev2126)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

julianboyd wrote:I leave it at that now. Thanks Urs.
I totally get it. We will support 10.6 - if possible. But if it isn't anymore in 2015 for whatever reason, then quite honestly we can't.

At this point of time we're happy that XCode 3 still runs under Mavericks and that with a few tricks we can still compile for older versions of MacOS X, down to 10.5. There is no guarantee though that if we ever need to replace any of the build servers, we still can use XCode 3 and the 10.5 SDK.

Diva 1.3 Win
Diva 1.3 Mac

Zebra 2.7 Win
Zebra 2.7 Mac

small fix: Rev 2126 should load correct graphics from Theme fodlers now - please check extensively :oops:

Zebra 2.7 skins working now

Urs wrote:
julianboyd wrote:I leave it at that now. Thanks Urs.
I totally get it. We will support 10.6 - if possible. But if it isn't anymore in 2015 for whatever reason, then quite honestly we can't.

At this point of time we're happy that XCode 3 still runs under Mavericks and that with a few tricks we can still compile for older versions of MacOS X, down to 10.5. There is no guarantee though that if we ever need to replace any of the build servers, we still can use XCode 3 and the 10.5 SDK.
I see, that makes sense. Thank you for explaining.

With DIVA rev 2126 AU (logic x) with multicore ON I notice CPU spikes every 7-10 secs while playing (keyboard live input) And only 1 core seems busy, even though this option is set on… Multicore OFF - problem gone.

adn_01 wrote:With DIVA rev 2126 AU (logic x) with multicore ON I notice CPU spikes every 7-10 secs while playing. And only 1 core seems busy, even though this option is set on… Multicore OFF - problem gone.
Do you have a Diva.log on your desktop? If so, can you send it to us?

Urs wrote:
adn_01 wrote:With DIVA rev 2126 AU (logic x) with multicore ON I notice CPU spikes every 7-10 secs while playing. And only 1 core seems busy, even though this option is set on… Multicore OFF - problem gone.
no such file on my desktop… can I force diva to create it somehow? edited the problem description - this happens only with midi keyboard input.

adn_01 wrote:
Urs wrote:
no such file on my desktop… can I force diva to create it somehow? edited the problem description - this happens only with midi keyboard input.
Hmmm… is this a mono/duo/legato patch with a lot of stacked voices? Those aren't yet multithreaded…

(if you don't have the log file then don't worry - I was thinking that maybe the logging causes overloads)

Also, with multicore support on in Diva, Logic will only show activity on 1 core. For true CPU load you need to check Activity Monitor.

MK Bass Trisaw for instance, but also on other patches. can send you a screencam if you want, no sound (never used the screen recording and don't know why it doesn't record sound) but still you can see how it behaves. if it might help :)

Urs wrote: Hmmm… is this a mono/duo/legato patch with a lot of stacked voices? Those aren't yet multithreaded…
ah, that would explain why I can play any non-stacked patch polyphonically in divine mode, while stacked patches make the CPU meter go up fast. That's why I never stack my patches. Which was never a problem for me, I'm completely happy with the sound, but I know I miss an interesting feature.

Urs wrote:Diva 1.3 Win
Diva 1.3 Mac

Zebra 2.7 Win
Zebra 2.7 Mac

small fix: Rev 2126 should load correct graphics from Theme fodlers now - please check extensively :oops:
Thank you so much. Unempty Dark Horse is back. :hug:

No interface with Diva Rev 2126 (vst3).
Just gray area.
In studio one, tobybear minihost and FL studio demo.

** Update - re-installed it and everything seems fine. **

Just a short question about updating for owner of old versions (the manuals are not really clear about it):
- i guess it is a good idea to backup my custom preset folders
- next step:
-> either: uninstall the old versions and reinstall the updates?
-> or: just install the updates in a new folder?
-> or: install the updates in the old folder?
-> or: does the installer recognize that it is an update and saves me fear of
doing it wrong?

the latter in most cases.
backing up however is ALWAYS a good thing :-)
rsp

Return to “u-he”