Latest Builds: rev 2352 - May 16th

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

re*MD9@3!Tm^ wrote:Maybe I found a bug within all my Zebra/Diva/ACE:

There's sth wrong with the preset switching. If I flip to the presets, both with the button or with direct clicking into the preset window, while playing the presets with my midi keyboard, all three synths going mute at some point and wouldn't react to incoming midi any more. Only solution is to close and reopen the vsts.
(Win7, Live9-32bit)

I'm sure that never happend with the former versions, but since 2352 it happens all the time. :(

(Edit: I reverted back to the offical releases - no problems here...)
Well, this is exactly our main stress-test: Hammer the keyboard while flipping through as many presets per second as possible. We can not reproduce any mute bugs - at least not in ACE, which we've been stress testing the most lately.

We have however observed a lot of odd plug-in caching behaviour in Live 9. You might need to force a cache reset when installing an update of any plug-in. Please send an email to support at u-he dot com, Michael can tell you exactly how to do that.

I tried rebuilding the cache - don't work either.

Preset window shows strange things:

Have to revert back, unfortunately cannot use the lastest builds atm. :(

re*MD9@3!Tm^ wrote:I tried rebuilding the cache - don't work either.

Well, that *is* extremely odd. What if you try with Savihost or anything else?

Urs wrote:
re*MD9@3!Tm^ wrote:Maybe I found a bug within all my Zebra/Diva/ACE:

There's sth wrong with the preset switching. If I flip to the presets, both with the button or with direct clicking into the preset window, while playing the presets with my midi keyboard, all three synths going mute at some point and wouldn't react to incoming midi any more. Only solution is to close and reopen the vsts.
(Win7, Live9-32bit)

I'm sure that never happend with the former versions, but since 2352 it happens all the time. :(

(Edit: I reverted back to the offical releases - no problems here...)
Well, this is exactly our main stress-test: Hammer the keyboard while flipping through as many presets per second as possible. We can not reproduce any mute bugs - at least not in ACE, which we've been stress testing the most lately.

We have however observed a lot of odd plug-in caching behaviour in Live 9. You might need to force a cache reset when installing an update of any plug-in. Please send an email to support at u-he dot com, Michael can tell you exactly how to do that.
Haven't been able to reproduce this in Live 32 bit on Mac

re*MD9@3!Tm^ wrote:Preset window shows strange things:
Are you switching through the presets via the GUI, or do you step through the MIDI Programs folder with a controller?
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Ok... that "unknown value" thing is a problem with anything that has a choice of parameters (ModMatrix, XYs). Nothing serious, just something we've overlooked.

Urs wrote:
re*MD9@3!Tm^ wrote:I tried rebuilding the cache - don't work either.

Well, that *is* extremely odd. What if you try with Savihost or anything else?
I could do that, but in fact Live 9 is my DAW, and U-he synths are the synths I'm working with, so I hope for a solution to keep both of course.

#rob wrote:
Are you switching through the presets via the GUI, or do you step through the MIDI Programs folder with a controller?
No, it happens when I use the preset button on top, and when I directly click on a patch in the browser (all with the mouse).

My observation so far: I have to click three or four patches before the synth starts hanging, and I'm not flipping/clicking high speed, it also happens when I pause between clicks, and also if I don't use my midi keyboard between switching.

BTW ACE 1.3 crashes Live 9 completey when I switch presets.

Just so I understand- will the links to the latest build zip file be updated on page 1 as new builds come, or will you post the latest further down in this thread? I just wanna keep current. I played catch up on everything last night. Now I sleep better.
:D
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

re*MD9@3!Tm^ wrote:
#rob wrote:
No, it happens when I use the preset button on top, and when I directly click on a patch in the browser (all with the mouse).

My observation so far: I have to click three or four patches before the synth starts hanging, and I'm not flipping/clicking high speed, it also happens when I pause between clicks, and also if I don't use my midi keyboard between switching.

BTW ACE 1.3 crashes Live 9 completey when I switch presets.
Hi,

the "unknown value" problem is a bug in Zebra and has nothing to do with the crashes.
We'll fix it as soon as time allows.

We observed crashes with Live 9.1.2 when switching presets. Try updating Live to the most recent 9.1.3 beta: https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=180996

Let us know, if this helped and report this problem to Ableton by sending the bug description and the Abeton crash .alp.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Michael
u-he team

rustman wrote:Just so I understand- will the links to the latest build zip file be updated on page 1 as new builds come, or will you post the latest further down in this thread? I just wanna keep current. I played catch up on everything last night. Now I sleep better.
I'll guess and say the links will be updated on page 1 of this thread. Not like I'm not following it or anything.... :roll:
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote:
rustman wrote:Just so I understand- will the links to the latest build zip file be updated on page 1 as new builds come, or will you post the latest further down in this thread? I just wanna keep current. I played catch up on everything last night. Now I sleep better.
I'll guess and say the links will be updated on page 1 of this thread. Not like I'm not following it or anything.... :roll:
Yes, always on page 1… sorry for not replying directly, releasing updates (ACE…) is always a very colourful and distracting process...

u-he-michael wrote: We observed crashes with Live 9.1.2 when switching presets. Try updating Live to the most recent 9.1.3 beta: https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=180996

Let us know, if this helped and report this problem to Ableton by sending the bug description and the Abeton crash .alp.
I tried the latest Ableton beta: same behaviour here.

And now that we have Bazille patch contest patches I have the same behaviour within Bazille...

What an irony - now that I almost completey switched to U-he synths (I own all including Bazille) I cannot get them to work with my DAW... :(

I'm seeing the same weirdness w/ drop-outs and such with Diva 2352 and (Mac) Live 9.1.2 - Diva appears to be the only plugin I'm having trouble with in Live. Seems to glitch out playback, CPU spikes, etc., and not just when switching presets necessarily. Are there some prefs I can trash or a cache file or something?

So I tried everything to get it working, updated my drivers, checked the latest Beta, cleaned all preferences, problem still exists.

One thing I found out though: crashes only seem to occur when using ASIO drivers. Live 9 seems to have big problems with them. :x

But what could the connection to the lastest U-he upates? Older revisions work without problems...

Return to “u-he”