U-HE and OS X 10.10 Yosemite - post your findings here

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey there!

For those who are checking out OS X 10.10 Yosemite:
We're totally interested to receiving your feedback regarding U-HE Plug-Ins and Yosemite.

Please let us know and post your finding here.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Michael
u-he team

So far ...

Zebra2 v2352 appears to be working fine on OS X 10.10 Yosemite. No problems encountered yet. Same goes for Bazille and Diva.

Satin v1827 on the other hand does not appear to be working well at all. Metering and controls such Input and Output, bypass, undo redo, and others don't work at all. I can switch patches and Satin appears to be working and processing sound but generally Satin is broken on Yosemite for me.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Thanks!
Could you please try with the latest Satin? :
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=417516

u-he-michael wrote:Thanks!
Could you please try with the latest Satin? :
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=417516
Just tested with Satin 1.2 Sanity Check (rev 2571) and all seems to be working properly again. I didn't do a deep dive, but all of the obvious things that were broken such as metering, Input and Output, bypass, undo and redo are now working.

Please let me know if you need any specific testing.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

yay! Good news. Thank you!

Please let us know which Host, Plug-In format, 32 or 64 Bit, etc... you've tested.

You could check the grouping feature & the behavior of the UI features (10% UI scaling, Text anti-aliasing, gamma,...) .
Access the UI features via ctrl+click on GUI.

Also drag & drop of Preset files between instances could be tested.

Cheers,
Michael

u-he-michael wrote:yay! Good news. Thank you!

Please let us know which Host, Plug-In format, 32 or 64 Bit, etc... you've tested.

You could check the grouping feature & the behavior of the UI features (10% UI scaling, Text anti-aliasing, gamma,...) .
Access the UI features via ctrl+click on GUI.

Also drag & drop of Preset files between instances could be tested.

Cheers,
Michael
I'm currently testing in Bitwig 1.0.11 64-bit and Studio One 2.6.3 64-bit on OS 10.10 Yosemite.

- the UI features (UI scaling, Text anti-aliasing, gamma, etc) all seem to be working properly
- grouping features are working in Studio One, not Bitwig. I assume this is expected with sandboxing. Haven't tried adjusting plugin settings yet to see if I can get it working
- presets created seem show up in all instantiated Satin instances as soon as you refresh the folder, so not exactly sure how to test drag and drop. Let me know how you'd like me to test and I will.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Hey billcarroll,

thank you! Did you test also Audio Units? The grouping feature doesn't work because Plug-Ins run sandboxed.
I think this can be turned off in Bitwig (and some other Hosts, e.g. Reaper).

drag & drop: In one instance, you can drag and drop presets between the local and the user folder and any custom folders. You can also drag and drop presets between e.g. 2 instances.
Simply open the GUIs of the 2 instances and drag files from Preset browser (instance 1) to Preset browser (instance 2).

Cheers,
Michael

u-he-michael wrote:Hey billcarroll,

thank you! Did you test also Audio Units? The grouping feature doesn't work because Plug-Ins run sandboxed.
I think this can be turned off in Bitwig (and some other Hosts, e.g. Reaper).

drag & drop: In one instance, you can drag and drop presets between the local and the user folder and any custom folders. You can also drag and drop presets between e.g. 2 instances.
Simply open the GUIs of the 2 instances and drag files from Preset browser (instance 1) to Preset browser (instance 2).

Cheers,
Michael
Just tested the AU and everything appears to be working properly in AU as well. Drag and drop as you describe from one instance to another is working too.

However, I notice some graphics issues with the AU when UI is scaled to anything but 100% or 200%. I have not been able to reproduce this with the VST, and it appears to happen when adjusting values during playback.

Bitwig Certified Trainer

hey,
that's good news altogether. We've seen these graphic glitches in former OS X versions.
The glitches are very likely related to Audio Unit caching / Plug-In caching. After a rescan of your AUs or Plug-Ins in general, the issue should longer occur.
Thanks again!
Cheers,
Michael

So what's the word? Is OSX 10.10 working better, worse, or about the same as OSX 10.9? Or too early to tell? OSX 10.9 did not work well for me (maybe it was primarily a problem with the trial version of Cubase 7 Elements I was using, as opposed to my CubaseLE4 which works fine for me; CubaseLE4 does not work with OSX 10.9), but maybe my computer is too old (almost 5 year old iMac).
Last edited by aaron aardvark on Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

I'm running the Yosemite beta on my 2011 Macbook Pro 2.3Ghz i7 with 16 Gb RAM. Some comments and concerns:

1. The Dark Zebra seems to be making Logic X's CPU go a little crazy. I hope that the soon to be released update fixes this. Or is The Dark Zebra generally CPU hungry?
2. Zebra 2.7 doesn't remember my "Make Default" GUI assignment. It always reverts to the Default when I open a new instance of it.

Hey there,

Yosemite is out ( brr, my eyes hurt! :? ) - please post your feedback regarding U-HE Plug-Ins and Yosemite. Thanks!

Note: Please be careful when upgrading your system now. Make sure your music apps and Plug-Ins are compatible with Yosemite. Make a backup of your current system, just in case you have to go back.

All the best!

Cheers,
Michael
u-he team

With Zebra 2.7.0, the GUI does not display in GarageBand 10.0.3 for me. Same with Zebralette and Zebrify. Oddly, ZRev does display. Zebra will generate sound via the default patch (same for Zebralette), but the instruments do something weird where command+Q can be pressed many times before the app asks if I want to save and then quits. Maybe the invisible GUI is asking me to register again due to sandboxing.

Mac mini late 2012
16 GB

[EDIT] I downloaded the latest build linked here in the u-he forum, and that fixed my issue.

macbook pro mid 2012
osx 10.10.0
10gb ram

ableton live 9.1.5

bazille
zebralette
zebracm
podolski
triple cheese
all latest builds

all good

dave

Macbook Pro 13" non-retina mid 2012
Core i5
16 GB Ram
SSD
OSX 10.10

Ableton Live 9.1.5 RC 64bit

Diva
Zebra 2
Zebra HZ
ACE
no problems

Studione 2.6.4 64bit

all is fine except DIva.
With 2 instances of Diva played simultaneously I get a constant high CPU load, no matter which buffer size, accuracy draft or fast, multicore on/off.
In S1 I turned multi-processor on and checked all 4 cores.
With multicore off and accuracy fast the idle load is lower, but the load spikes on the first pressed single note.

Return to “u-he”