• ProTools AAX support
  • value display now shows parameter units
  • much faster GUI loading time
  • link feature for "Circuit" & "Compander"
  • new analyzer options via right-click
Enjoy,

- Urs

Very nice! :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Thanks!

thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

:tu:
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

does anybody have this low, rumbling frequency feedback? (turn feedback 100% in delay mode, any preset without highpass filter)

Well, that's normal for these kinds of delays. There's more feedback than needed maybe, but there has to be sufficient for feedback signals being narrowed by lp + hp filters. Plus, there is saturation going on, leading to a nonlinear system, which can never show overall stability. Nonlinear feedback systems have 'operational points', meaning there is a 'sweet spot'.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

so.. what was changed in satin 1.2 that the same preset sounds so different when the only thing i do is turning the feedback 100%?
low frequency warning - if you hear nothing..it's 30Hz
https://soundcloud.com/membranatympani/ ... n-feedback

yeah, something is up with the patch. The tape delay functions act WAY different.

yeah, something is up with the patch. The tape delay functions act WAY different.

Ok, I can confirm that something must have changed in delay mode.
I suspect the delay-path filters but need to inspect the code deeper.
Since I'm on vacation for 2 weeks by tonight, I'm gonna rush to the office right now and have a look. I'll post later. Stand by.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board
software dev in the studio-speaker biz | former plugin creator [u-he, samplitude & digitalfishphones]

sascha wrote:Ok, I can confirm that something must have changed in delay mode.
I suspect the delay-path filters but need to inspect the code deeper.
Since I'm on vacation for 2 weeks by tonight, I'm gonna rush to the office right now and have a look. I'll post later. Stand by.
Dude it can wait. Have the vacation.

Indeed. Und das am Sonntag!!!

Ok, I think I could fix it.
We built in some parameter scaling lately which allows for non-linear params over the GUI, so that 50% is not mandatory 50% internally but perhaps 10%. Problem was that Satin already had that in for internal DSP params, but most of them were set to linear, so nothing much happened. But now, for instance, the filters were now scaled exponentially (so that e.g. HighCut was 4000Hz at its center instead of 11025Hz), and some of them were now scaled twice actually. To cut a complex explanation short: the delay params got messed up and I cleaned it up again.

Our build servers are currently doing their work, and we'll provide installers later today. Please redo your tests and report whether old (<1.2) presets and projects are fine again.
Sascha Eversmeier
drummer of The Board

sascha wrote:Ok, I think I could fix it.
:clap:

Return to “u-he”