Bazille Dedicated MIDI Controller

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Suloo wrote:
rod_zero wrote:
Suloo wrote:there is a lemur template for Hive, might help some people for now.

I made that one, I didn't finished the mapping because at the time Hive didn't recognize CC's in other midi channels other than channel 1 so you ran out of possible assignments.

I may make one for bazille next but I have no idea how modulations would work.
too bad you won't continue with it..
Well the template has all the controls so you just need to map the rest, they already are assigned in other midi channels to achieve more then 128 ccs
dedication to flying

Can any body point me to where I can find info on how to midi control connection of cables please?
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Just a reminder that my Kore template for Bazille has knob controls for all the cables (that are automatable):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... mplate.ksd

aMUSEd wrote:Just a reminder that my Kore template for Bazille has knob controls for all the cables (that are automatable):

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/564 ... mplate.ksd
You tease !!

Are the midi cc values for cable destinations available anywhere?

Sorry no idea, this uses host automation.

Im not seeing anything for cable destinations under automatable parameters in Bitwig :(

Inputs are cable destinations. For example, in Bitwig, if I drag a cable from the filter input to any output, the most recently touched parameter should be Filt1: Input. This parameter will allow you to select which output should be connected to that input.

justin3am wrote:I frequently use my Panorama to control Bazille when doing sound design. I updated the Nektar plug-in map for Bazille shortly after the official release, so you can control the effects and extra filters, as well as all of the patch points.

Bazille is one of my favorite synths to program from Panorama.
Because/thanks to your post (and the need for a nice, versatile MIDI controller), I just made my decision, took the plunge and bought a P1. Really looking forward to use it with Bazille and Diva (and Aalto). Any tips/advices Justin?

Anyway, my Analog 4 just got softwarized, and my fav softsynths are about to get harwarized with the P1... Slowly building building a lovely hybrid set-up here (Rytm and a small modular w/Expert Sleepers are next). Good times :wink:
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

So I've been working on a Lemur template for Bazille. Current controls 230+ parameters, but the really cool part is because of the MIDI input CC mapping and Lemur's scripting, you can easily patch any modulator to any mappable modulation input. See the attached photo - on the right side, just pick a target in the menu and an output in the pad and your Bazille cable is connected!

Still have some debugging to do before I post it on the User Templates, but if anyone wants to help me beta test I could use the help. Let me know if there are any feature requests. Thanks for telling me about the MIDI input list, it's really made Lemur the perfect companion for Bazille.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Has anyone tried using the MS 20 midi controller with ACE or Bazille to change the routing?
I just picked one up last night so havent had a chance to experiment yet, took me half an hour to get the midi drivers recognised!

I understand though that the MS 20 midi controller transmits NRPN messages for the patch cords and Uhe products patch cords are controlled by midi CC.

Ive never used NRPN messages so dont know if this is a hurdle?

I have the ms-20 midi. No understanding of nprn though. I think bazille uses that to change midi program folders. Still trying to figure it out.

I did think about mapping to the ms-20 but the architecture is very different (clearly) and some ms-20
Knobs are incremental not continuous (octave and wave form come to mind). Plus some things aren't midi mappable in bazille that are in ms-20 like sample and hold.

Ms-20 is auto mapped to polysix with some control differences. I went to staples and bought some foam board. Cut out the holes for the knobs and wrote in the appropriate controls. Now when my ms-20 wears her crown she becomes princess polysix! :party:

Don't have the other korg legacy products so not sure if ms-20 midi is auto mapped to others but it seems like it's just sharing cutoff cc etc so would be surprised if not.

freepuppies wrote:I have the ms-20 midi. No understanding of nprn though. I think bazille uses that to change midi program folders. Still trying to figure it out.

I did think about mapping to the ms-20 but the architecture is very different (clearly) and some ms-20
Knobs are incremental not continuous (octave and wave form come to mind). Plus some things aren't midi mappable in bazille that are in ms-20 like sample and hold.

Ms-20 is auto mapped to polysix with some control differences. I went to staples and bought some foam board. Cut out the holes for the knobs and wrote in the appropriate controls. Now when my ms-20 wears her crown she becomes princess polysix! :party:

Don't have the other korg legacy products so not sure if ms-20 midi is auto mapped to others but it seems like it's just sharing cutoff cc etc so would be surprised if not.
Yeah, I was thinking more about the patch cords.
Ive no problem remapping the controls

I get that, I just mean that it's impractical. The thing to maybe try would be using the MS-20 FX plugin on top of Bazille. That way you can control cutoff, etc. from MS-20 even if it's not through Bazille.

If you're interested, here's a link to a current thread on NPRN in Lemur. I could use some help figuring out how to call up the MIDI Program folders in Bazille if anyone has experience with it and/or Lemur.
https://forum.liine.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=5061

Oooh, a Lemur script for this would be cool, especially with patch cords :)

Return to “u-he”