Hive preview (April 1 update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

RICHARD F wrote:
Urs wrote:Huh? - There's a lot of stuff in the hexagon: Effects + Arp/Sequencer

We just haven't found a good use for the current "WIP - Work In Progress" page. Which we simply took out.

Cheers,

- Urs
I for 1 will feel let down if there is no 3rd window option . it does state work in progress .. i have just paid for this too

thanks..

Richard F
Hmmm, I can't repeat too often that one shouldn't buy anything based on expectation for things that have not even been announced yet. What exactly did you expect to see in the WIP hexagon? We originally wanted to put an oscilloscope there, but we figured that this would be lame. Sure, we can do it, if people insist we add a 3rd hexagon right now. However, oscilloscopes are useful for synths like Bazille and ACE that let you bend waveforms and stuff. But for Hive? For Hive it would just be eye candy and a toy.

We put the WIP page there because the whole synth is Work In Progress - it was our message to everyone out there who tried the synth. Unfortunately we have our hands so full of things, there was no time to code anything fancy and new for the hexagon yet (it's actually me who's writing code for this, but I'm also the boss of 10 people and therefore responsible for a gazillion of other things). We therefore have two options:

- release Hive with current feature set soon
- code something great for the hexagon and release it in time for christmas

If we do the latter we might have to let off some staff to survive the year. A product that sits idle because it's basically free is a loss every day.

That said, we're improving our track record with promised updates (think Presswerk alternative views) very soon. Maybe we should start a poll to see what people would actually like to see in an additional hexagon.

Cheers,

- Urs

Maybe we should start a poll to see what people would actually like to see in an additional hexagon.
I think this is a good idea. Make the options in the poll those you cannot decide between. We can all vote, perhaps making your decision easier to make.

My vote? No idea, I haven't thought about it - too busy struggling with my addiction to Hive (which is ruining my studies - cheers u-he). There's nothing I really miss in this synth, apart from some very minor non-hexagon related configuration options for Live. It can stay blank for all I care.

There are two whole hexagons already filled with loads of options to play with. I cannot quite understand how the WIP window is even something to spend one's time thinking or bitching about.

"I paid for it! My sacred money has spoken!"

There might be someone out there with a brilliantly simple but awesome idea of what to use it for.

ok, started a thread:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=434990

Post your ideas! :)

Just grabbed Hive.
Got a 50$ off coupon from Bitwig :)

Sounds amazing and really excited about owning my first U-he synth!

Btw- is it possible to have the display area show the actual values for the filter cutoff and LFO rates?

Its hard for me to understand the current values.
Filter is 30-150 but doesnt seem to coincide with Hz values.

The fx EQ freq ranges are also 0-100. would be great if they were Hz.

nori.lam wrote:Just grabbed Hive.
Got a 50$ off coupon from Bitwig :)

Sounds amazing and really excited about owning my first U-he synth!
Same here.
Hive-webpage says: "dance to ambient, progressive rock to R&B".
Not really into dance, maybe some ambient, but def progressive rock and R&B. Hope this comes true.

any chance for an extra month extension? :hihi:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

nori.lam wrote:Btw- is it possible to have the display area show the actual values for the filter cutoff and LFO rates?

Ah yeah, I second this one. I'd love to know what the actual frequency cutoffs are, or at least have the option to switch between these numbers and Hz/KHz.

I really really want a init button on the synth. Would be nice with sync on reverb also (example from spire)! I wish the wavesounds had more grit to it. But all in all amazing synth. Some things could be better but nice work so far! just give me a init button :D i know u can init from preset but that is pretty dull
desktop: windows 10 x64, i5 4690k, 32gb ram 1600mhz, 2x ssd 128 gb +2x3 tb, asus gtx 970, asus proz gamer motherboard, no external audiocard
laptop: windows 10 x64, i7 mq4700, 12gb ram 1600mhz, 1 tb, asus gt 750

nori.lam wrote:Btw- is it possible to have the display area show the actual values for the filter cutoff and LFO rates?

The cutoff value reflects the filter frequency in terms of MIDI Notes. It's consistent across all u-he synths. However, this started out in our more geeky offerings, where cutoff goes down pretty low (0.00). Recent synths such as Diva, TyrellN6 and Hive start at 30.00 to keep inside a more usable range.

More descriptive EQ frequency values are on our list, but I can't yet say when we're there.

- Urs

ronnyrydgren wrote:I really really want a init button on the synth. Would be nice with sync on reverb also (example from spire)! I wish the wavesounds had more grit to it. But all in all amazing synth. Some things could be better but nice work so far! just give me a init button :D i know u can init from preset but that is pretty dull
Hell froze over. Our latest internal builds of Presswerk now have an init button (a drop-down actually). I'm relatively certain we'll put this into Hive as well. Somehow.

For pad sounds with long release EG on sustain pedal Hive needs more voices... 16 aren't enough. FR: voices++

And don't give in to EDM.
Give us more Prog Rock and R&B presets, Urs!

I purchased Hive, got the license number yesterday. Not even sure how to enter the number. Hive is still working fine in beta mode. Should I just wait for Hive to ask me for a license number when free beta ends?
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote:I purchased Hive, got the license number yesterday. Not even sure how to enter the number. Hive is still working fine in beta mode. Should I just wait for Hive to ask me for a license number when free beta ends?
click on the value display in the top part of the window… there's an option to enter non-beta serials :)

Return to “u-he”