Latest builds - Revision 3304 (incl. GUI fix for LogicX 10.1)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Buon giorno!

We hope you are all doing well!

The main reason we chose to publish these builds is because they fix the “missing GUI” issue for AudioUnits in Apple Logic 10.1 (and GarageBand, Mainstage). The Logic 10.1 update drops support for legacy AU SDKs, which are compiled into versions from our website.

After applying the 10.1 update, GUI’s for some U-HE products were no longer accessible.

We've tested our latest builds, which are compiled with newer AU SDKs in Logic 10.1 and so far, they are all working as expected. 

To solve the “missing GUI” issue, you need to install the latest build over your existing installation. 

This build (revision 3304) fixes many other issues and niggles since revision 2709 and is recommended for all users.

You can find all installers (for AU, VST2 and AAX) here:

- links removed because they were outdated -

Important: Owners of ZebraHZ need to download the latest build via their account at u-he.com
If you have problems to log in, please read this: http://www.u-he.com/cms/faqs#i-cant-log ... d-i-do-now

As always: Please report any new issues or strange behaviors but make sure to check the “known issues” before posting. :)

Thanks!

Enjoy,
Michael
u-he team

————————————————————————————————————————

FIXED:

[1738] LogicX 10.1 update leads to missing GUI's when using older u-he builds (pre rev2709)
[1716] Some products crash Cubase or FL studio upon opening or closing GUI
[1433] Audio Units: Closing GUI activates 'Back to Arrangement' button in Ableton (This stops automation playback)
[1557] VST GUI glitches on Windows when automating
[1569] Preset name may change on recall (Ableton Live)
[1395] Legato issues unwanted noises and retriggers notes when holding a note and pressing a few notes at the same time
[1325] GUI freeze when using mouse wheel while text input dialog is open
[1291] Flutter when using Pitch Wheel
[1537] ACE 2373 and later: VCF2 "offset" and "spread" mode bug
[1376] Reordering instances kills voices
[1392] Sound differences between rev 1560 and the current build
[1409] Bazille: DC offset / corruption, dead FX when using KeyFollow
[1315] Diva: Knob indicators of Uhbie filter out of position when UI scaling not 100% (Win only)
[1346] Diva: Selecting Env often results in selecting VoiceMap
[1322] Diva: Performance & Sound differences between 2165 and the current build
[1510] Satin 1.2 (rev. 2577) modulation rate is different to Satin 1.1
[1504] ZebraHZ: VCA Comp labels overlapping
[1053] ProTools 11 crashes / hangs when reordering an instance while playback is running (will be fixed by Avid in PT12)
[1408] Need FIX for Cakewalk Sonar's keyinterception (Text input not possible) -> Fixed in newest SONAR (2015). Enable keyboard input button to send keystrokes to the plugin

Known issues:

Our VST3 implementation is still buggy (do not test or use in production - when possible)

[1399] User manual not installed (Windows)
[1297] MIDI Program change numbers disappeared from data display
[1367] VST 32 Bit: GUI close button not available after having used text input boxes
[1093] Ableton Live: VST 32Bit GUI sizes are not remembered when reopening GUI
[1518] Data Display glitch when typing into text box with embedded GUI (Reaper)
[1385] Audio Units: Mapping 2 parameters to a Macro in Ableton is only moving 1
[1657] Presswerk doesn't appear in Wavelab 6.1.1 32bit
[1096] Digital Performer 8: Bypassing AU kills audio on same track
[1259] Oscilloscope looks bad at GUI sizes ≠ 100% (Windows)
[1105] Bazille: Changing skins while using alternative sizes may garble GUI
[1654] Registration fails on OS X when user name contains special characters
[1682] Bitwig: File Permission errors on WIN when using multiple instances
[1754] Zebra: Deadlock on loading Zebralette or ZebraCM Presets
[1756] Zebra: Undo / Redo not working correctly when undoing preset selection (VST only)
[1379] ZebraCM, Zebralette + Filterscape VA: Pressure mod source not working
[1755] Satin's (rev. 3306) modulation rate is different to Satin rev. 1900
[1751] Samplitude: Deactivating Satin's Bypass mutes audio on same track
[1748] DIVA: Consecutive notes may die in LEGATO mode
[1404] Bazille: Automatic Voice-adjustment is not working for certain Presets
[1758] 3rd Party skins may get screwed up (Workaround: Set default to 3rd party skin, then change GUI size (e.g. 100% >130% > 100% )
[1762] 3304 not showing up in Cubase SX3
[1760] HIVE: OSC sub = "like osc" plays a saw but should play a sine when OSC = sine
[1787] Satin: When grouped, unlocking a parameter freezes GUI (Workaround: Locking/unlocking a 2nd time makes it work again)

Also: This build will randomly work or crash in Orion and EnergyXT 2.7 (and 3.0 v1 BETA) (possibly needs fix by host makers)

[Update] This build works with the Public Beta 8.605 for Orion (32/64Bit).
Orion users: Get in touch with synapse-audio, to learn where to get 8.605.

In case some of our Plug-ins not showing up in Orion, use this simple workaround, to skip the VST scanning process: Go to: Program Files > Orion and edit the file vstcfg.txt with a text editor.

Add the line e.g. "Presswerk=0" anywhere, to exclude Presswerk.dll from the scanning process.
To exclude synths like e.g. Bazille.dll, add the line e.g. "Bazille=1".
--
XT Software is currently looking into the issue.
Last edited by u-he-michael on Tue Feb 24, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 17 times in total.

You guys are fast! Thanks
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

AMAZING! Thank you very much! Great news as well!

Super fast response, indeed :)

Do you have any plans to make download and install a bit simpler for those having a lot/all of your plugins? Meaning ONE installer with the option to select which one to update and which version (AU/VST/etc.) to use for it? I would not mind, if the installer is small and downloads latest versions as selected.

Cheers

I can't tell right away, since the original bug was kinda sporadic, but does this fix this issue?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 1&t=428971

Edit: Just checked... Bug is still there

I see the long-running issue of U-He plugins not working properly (text to plugin) in Cakewalk Sonar X series listed as "Known Issues 1408" - at the bottom of the list. I hope it can be moved to the TOP and fixed on the next round, please!!! :)

Thanks for the fixes you have addressed!

SciFiArtMan wrote:I see the long-running issue of U-He plugins not working properly (text to plugin) in Cakewalk Sonar X series listed as "Known Issues 1408" - at the bottom of the list. I hope it can be moved to the TOP and fixed on the next round, please!!! :)

Well, it's a tough issue. We would prefer for it to be fixed from Cakewalk's side because otherwise we're afraid that any form of workaround will cause further trouble, maybe in other hosts. That said, text input works fine in most other hosts hence there's something going on that's outside of our direct access.

Urs wrote:
SciFiArtMan wrote:I see the long-running issue of U-He plugins not working properly (text to plugin) in Cakewalk Sonar X series listed as "Known Issues 1408" - at the bottom of the list. I hope it can be moved to the TOP and fixed on the next round, please!!! :)

Well, it's a tough issue. We would prefer for it to be fixed from Cakewalk's side because otherwise we're afraid that any form of workaround will cause further trouble, maybe in other hosts. That said, text input works fine in most other hosts hence there's something going on that's outside of our direct access.
I had heard that before from U-He Rob and it makes great sense, but I didn't want to miss a final opportunity to wish out loud on the distant possibility that the U-He Team could address it. Of course all U-He plugins worked fine with older Sonar versions - it's clearly a Sonar issue, but I'd gladly accept a fix from anyone! And I have tried switching to other DAWs, but I have so many ongoing projects in Sonar I'll just have to endure for the moment - and keep harping on Cakewalk to mend this ill. Just so frustrating!!!

Thanks for all, Urs!

All 3304 revisions crash eXT2.7 and Orion8.5!
In Orion (same for all my plugs):
This goes for ACE, Bazille, Diva, MFM2, Presswerk, TyrellN6v3 and Zebra2/HZ.
After re-scanning Orion, only Zebra2 shows up as 'instrument' and Zebrify is missing as 'fx'.
Everything works in IL MiniModular1.57 though.
Sending you some logs to support.

What's going on? Not happy!

Well, we still don't know what Orion and eXT do differently. This thing comes and goes and I assume it is somehow related to the complexity of our plug-ins, e.g. maybe those hosts confuse the AAX or VST3 entry points for the VST2 one. In such a case it's a purely random issue that can not be fixed from our side. An indicator for this is, they never really open our plug-ins. The load the dll and simply crash without giving us a chance to debug them. Maybe they lack some initialization code required for dll loading, or they just don't use certain services of Windows that we require. Or maybe they just can't cope with real VST2.4 plug-ins that don't contain legacy VST2.3 code. It is simply an issue beyond my comprehension.

Btw. the error message is highly misleading. If they claim our plug-ins are buggy, I'll say the host is coded sloppy.

I've added this to the known issues in the first post.

GREAT!! thanks!!! :clap: :party:

nschmidt-dd wrote:Super fast response, indeed :)

Do you have any plans to make download and install a bit simpler for those having a lot/all of your plugins? Meaning ONE installer with the option to select which one to update and which version (AU/VST/etc.) to use for it? I would not mind, if the installer is small and downloads latest versions as selected.

Cheers
+1

I am up to 6 downloads now with Hive on every update- not complaining, glad all the stuff I have bought gets updates, but if you keep being this prolific with your synths you should consider an installation/update manager- even Arturia have one now :wink:
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Yes i too echo acalls for a universal selectable (not like uad) installer. I use u-he stuff on both mac and pc and have about nine products each.

p.s werent there satin and presswerk builds listed yesterday as well?

Rsp
Last edited by zvenx on Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

oops, yes... Satin is definitely missing... especially as the LFO bug was fixed...

Presswerk doesn't require an update because it's still new.

Return to “u-he”