Latest builds - Revision 3304 (incl. GUI fix for LogicX 10.1)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

mutantdog wrote:Not entirely sure if this is a problem outside of these plugins but I have been getting a few stuck notes and unplayed notes, mainly in Hive but a few times in Bazille. It seems to be since these updates although I could be mistaken (I didn't have any issues with Bazille before). Using Live 9.1.x 32 bit, Windows 8.1.
Which revision of Hive and Bazille are you using? Please use revision 3304. If the issue still occurs, send a project which demonstrates the issue to support (at) u-he.com.
Thanks,
Michael

Yeah, its 3304 on both. If it happens again I'll do just that. :)

EDIT: Apologies, this is a repeat of the known bug " [1754] Zebra: Deadlock on loading Zebralette or ZebraCM Presets "

--------------------------
Just spotted a reproducible bug/crash with the latest build of Zebra 2 (triggered by user error !):

Downloaded the old Zebra 2.1 factory presets pack ( http://www.u-he.com/PatchLib/presets/z2/Factory_2.1.zip ) and copied to the presets folder to the correct location. Loaded up Zebra 2 and selected the 'Factory 2.1' folder but mistakenly chose the Zebralette subfolder, choosing any of the presets in this subfolder brings down the VSTi and the entire DAW (Ableton 9.17 in this case)
--------------------------

EDIT: Apologies, this is a repeat of the known bug " [1754] Zebra: Deadlock on loading Zebralette or ZebraCM Presets "

Yep, that bug is fixed internally, we're working feverishly on a chance to post updated versions.

Awesome, thanks Urs - I'd not a huge issue for me, just have to make sure I'm not an idiot and click the incorrect type of preset !

Is there any chance that the Diva/Sonar text input bug will still be worked on for the benefit of the X3 users who don't want to upgrade their Sonar just to get said fix?
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

anxiousmofo wrote:Is there any chance that the Diva/Sonar text input bug will still be worked on for the benefit of the X3 users who don't want to upgrade their Sonar just to get said fix?
You might already know about this, but if not, there's a handy workaround for that bug: open up Notepad, enter your text there, and paste it into DIVA. Not as good as having the bug fixed but better than avoiding certain characters...

I use a lot of U-He stuff. That workaround is a kludge - that bug hurt my workflow badly enough over 2 years to make me switch to Cubase after X2. It's been a painful learning curve over the past year, but Cubase is more capable, albeit more difficult to use.

So if anyone can verify that Cake actually fixed the bug, it'd be appreciated. I'm skeptical, since the solution given in bold italics in the list of fixed bugs on the front page of this thread (Enable keyboard input button to send keystrokes to the plugin) is what they told us to do three years ago that never worked.
ALL YOUR DATA ARE BELONG TO US - Google

https://soundcloud.com/dan-ling
http://danling.com

Didn't know about the workaround. Thanks for that! That said, a straight up fix would certainly be preferable.

anxiousmofo wrote:Didn't know about the workaround. Thanks for that! That said, a straight up fix would certainly be preferable.
It's fixed in the latest Sonar... (finally - which we're very happy about!)

Gonga wrote:I use a lot of U-He stuff. That workaround is a kludge - that bug hurt my workflow badly enough over 2 years to make me switch to Cubase after X2. It's been a painful learning curve over the past year, but Cubase is more capable, albeit more difficult to use.

So if anyone can verify that Cake actually fixed the bug, it'd be appreciated. I'm skeptical, since the solution given in bold italics in the list of fixed bugs on the front page of this thread (Enable keyboard input button to send keystrokes to the plugin) is what they told us to do three years ago that never worked.
It was in the new Sonar version's release notes as a fix, so if you want to switch back to Sonar and upgrade, it should work.

Is Satin supposed to retain Group Names after project load? I'd expect yes, but I have a project from yesterday and the group settings were retained, however the names were not.

Using the VST2 version (build 3304) in Studio One x64 running Windows 8.1 here.

Urs wrote:
anxiousmofo wrote:Didn't know about the workaround. Thanks for that! That said, a straight up fix would certainly be preferable.
It's fixed in the latest Sonar... (finally - which we're very happy about!)
I understand, but I use X3 and don't want to upgrade just so I can get this fixed.

:)

Why on earth is a vst folder created on C? :roll:

I did cut it out manually and pasted the ACE data folder in my vst folder,hoping that the registry gets not confused.
There is a manual installing option,what is it supposed to do? Do i need to create a "ACE data" folder at first to get it installed correctly? I guess the data folder would end up inside the data folder,right?

The installer don't remember my path for the data which is simply in my plugin folder beside the ACE dll,there should it be and not somewhere else.

This could be made way simpler i think.
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

t3toooo wrote:Why on earth is a vst folder created on C? :roll:

I did cut it out manually and pasted the ACE data folder in my vst folder,hoping that the registry gets not confused.
There is a manual installing option,what is it supposed to do? Do i need to create a "ACE data" folder at first to get it installed correctly? I guess the data folder would end up inside the data folder,right?

The installer don't remember my path for the data which is simply in my plugin folder beside the ACE dll,there should it be and not somewhere else.

This could be made way simpler i think.
You just choose an installation path in the installer, and there it'll be installed. The choice will usually be remembered, unless you move the stuff manually later, in case of which it's best not to remember anything.

Thing is, with the current installer our related support cases went from ten a week to less than one (versus about a hundred without any issue). Therefore I would like to avoid adding more options. Options will bring back confusion and frustration.

Return to “u-he”