Just found the ultimate Zebra skin

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ere2learn wrote:I believe he had trouble with paypal in Japan,not commonly used over there,but when I got it I cant remember what your describing,

I use its as default (only wish it would stay as default),

He has a nice TyrellN6 skin too in the same vein,
Depends how many downloads he get:

Code: Select all

When it reaches certain number of downloads, more feature and skin are to be added.
Please spread the Pokemod for you, for me and for the rest of the world!!

64 DLs >>> More design variation for Filter, ModFX, Comp, Reverb
128 DLs >>> "No Bottom Tab Version" and Tyrell N6 skins
256 DLs >>> "Pocket Techno" Soundset
512 DLs >>> Zebra another skin! 1134px width and the 3rd rack for effects!
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

~Pd~ wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:OK but what's with the preapprove thing? I don't like the sound of that at all.
There's a page in your paypal account settings that lists pre-approved payments and lets you disable them.

However, you can just use Visa with Gumroad and bypass Paypal altogether.
Only as i already wrote there is nothing to disable at Paypal.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:
Depends how many downloads he get:
Go to plugmon.org,

Not the zebra page, scroll down a bit there is a skin & presets freebies for Tyrell N6,there is the skin I was on about,Retro Analog Skin its in the,

“Plugmon Techno Pack”

murnau wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:On the other hand I am not happy with their shop - it's another one that doesn't have a standard login for Paypal, instead it's in a little popup that makes me wonder if it's spoofed (you can't actually see the real address) - to make matters worse when you click though it you get asked to agree to "Preapprove future payments made from your PayPal account." No I don't think so. Dodgy.
It's not dodgy. Those simply are a pre-approved (by you) method of paying for FUTURE purchases via gumroad. When you set this up, you provide your PayPal credentials and authorize that, in future when you do actually purchase from gumroad, you won't have to log into PayPal and authorize each individual purchase. No charges are made against your PayPal account until, in the future, you purchase something via them.

Saying that i can't find it did anything to my Payal (no info email from Paypal, no option to revoke this pre-approval). So i guess it simply did nothing special, paid as usual.
Fair enough but it doesn't really explain what it means - for all I know it means they can take stuff out of my account without asking me. Also I don't see why I have to agree to pre approve anything just to pay for this skin. I would prefer to have to login each time and explicitly authorise each and every purchase, much more secure.

Ah okay, thanks for the info about this free skin.

Its a Gumroad/Paypal issue really,nothing to do with the seller and its doesn't add any "Preapprove future payments" to your paypal account,none from what i can see,you could just skip Paypal and go Gumroad route,

To check your "Preapprove future payments" in paypal go to My profile>My money>My preapproved payments - Update

If you ever sold anything on ebay that's gonna be there,

I probably should have warned others about the website/store thing. I also thought it was kinda clumsy and confusing, but definitely not sketchy. I ended up paying with a credit card through gumroad, which I was already signed up for. Gumroad is legit and not dodgy at all. I get a monthly pack from Puremagnetik through it haven't had any issues. I also did not want to 'pre-approve' any paypal payments, but mostly because I prefer to make myself login to buy anything to avoid impulse or accidental purchases. Paypal is also good about fraud protection and whatnot so if paypal is the only option for some ppl, I wouldn't let the 'preapprove' thing stop them for getting the skin/pack if they want it.

~Pd~ wrote:It's a nice skin and some very nice sounds, but make sure to paypal some love to drzhnn for the Redux skin too.
I love the overall concept of Redux, but it's simply not usable for me. Too dark and doesn't work well an small laptop screens. I would gladly pay for a version that addressed those issues.

Works just fine on my 15.4" laptop.

As for "too dark", you can change the colors yourself however you want, so that's a moot point.

EvilDragon wrote:Works just fine on my 15.4" laptop.

As for "too dark", you can change the colors yourself however you want, so that's a moot point.
Definitely doesn't work fine at all on my 11" laptop display that I use for my mobile/live rig. This theme (and the original zebra skin) work great though. It is a smaller display than most though.

Simply changing the colors probably wouldn't be enough to make me fully satisfied (nor would I want to spend the time doing it). I suppose it's not just the colors/brightness but also the 'ergonomics' of it. It's a great theme, but it just doesn't do it for me.

It is an extremely well made Preset collection. Well organized and can get you going on production quickly.
Personally I tried the skins, nice work too.
But LFO customized Zebra 2 just the right way for me.

But Pokémon has mad skills and for 15 bucks anyone who whines should be publicly beaten....

I'm not sure who should be beaten..........Got this message when trying to download the Tyrell N6 Skin:

My security software blocked the download (Webroot Secure Anywhere). Or maybe it was blocked by FireFox.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

You'll like pokemons programming, a great addition to everyone else here who are all different, making Zebra2 a fierce weapon.

The Pocket Modular skin is to me the best skin I found for Zebra2, gives Zebra a fresh new look, and this is needed knowing how ugly the original skin is. This new skin does not only change the visuals, it also gives better naming and organization to various controls, as well a new pane gathering the most common controls for sound design. The price is ridiculously low knowing the package not only comprises probably the finest Zebra skin ever, but also a sound-set. The only downside is this Paypal preappoved payment discussed in many posts above, but as this was already mentioned, it doesn't seem to be effective as the vendor does not appear in the list of preapproved payments of the paypal account after the transaction (even if it did we just need to disable it if we want to). This preapproved payment is bad for sales though and probably plugmon should do something about it.

I like it more than Redux. Much much more. It's more concrete, contrasted, heterogenous and less futuristic. Thumbs up for a finely designed separate tab for OSCs. Makes Zebra usable for me.
Brzzzzzzt.

Return to “u-he”