Diva-Stuck Notes-Help!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

I purchased Diva a few months back. I have to say that it sounds absolutely fantastic, BUT I am also having the "stuck note" issue. Due to this problem, I can't use this synth in a recording. It also becomes really frustrating to play on its own. I have heard it suggested that this problem can occur because of the type of MIDI controller being used, buffer size, etc., but I have tested the buffer size theory and it has no effect. In addition, I am also using a newer, more popular MIDI controller, so I don't think that is the issue either.

After doing some research and reading a lot of posts I can see that the stuck note issue is not exclusive to any one DAW. I just started using Pro Tools 12.5.2 (which had its own set of issues) and I have trashed my preferences just to make sure that wasn't contributing to this glitch. I know there are all kinds of problems that can occur because of certain settings within a DAW, but as I mentioned, this issue doesn't seem to be exclusive to one specific DAW. Also, Diva is not the only u-he synth with this issue.

Being that I purchased the software only a few months back, I'm pretty sure I have the latest update and my computer specs (which I will post at the end of this) are definitely equipped to handle one instance of diva.

So here are my questions:
1. Has anyone actually come up with a definitive solution to this problem?

2. Has u-he provided a definitive solution to this problem?

Thanks!

PC Specs:
WINDOWS 8.1; i5 3.5Ghz processor; 24GB RAM; 2TB HDD

Interface:
Scarlett Focusrite 6i6 (2nd generation).
*note this problem occurred even I was using the first generation.

MIDI Controller:
Akai Advanced Professional 61

"Stuck notes" symptoms can be the result of duplicated MIDI events. This can happen either from your MIDI routing or the settings of your MIDI controller. I have a Roland workstation keyboard whose default MIDI settings send keyboard MIDI events out two channels at once, and since most DAWs default to receiving MIDI on all channels, it was resulting in stuck notes on some plugins and clipped/truncated notes on others.

To see if this is the case, use a DAW that lets you view MIDI events in a recorded MIDI clip (Cubase definitely does, Ableton Live definitely does not, never used pro tools) and inspect some clips you recorded while playing live.

Return to “u-he”