RePro-1 and RePro-5 Skins (Updated as of Dec 25, 2017)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

e@rs wrote:Guess you saved me of some work... :hihi:

Thank you for the Slim version! :tu:

What, no credit to me for having the idea? :P
Hey, I'm not sure who had the idea first, you or Chris-S (I suspect he may have already been at work on it). Anyway, I like it. The Tweaks and Preset pages look a little clumsy due to being cutoff a bit, but that's ok.

Note: I'm trying to see if I can create some more realistic wood paneling in a future update for these skins.

Ok, I spent a long time playing around with wood grain to try and get something more appealing to me. The thing is: I've completely lost all objectivity. Did I make it worse? I started going for realism and a more walnut (brown) stain, but this was the best I could come up with. It's certainly a bit easier on the eyes.

Which do you folks like better? Option 1 (I'll call it "Original") or Option 2 (the more "walnut" looking one)?

Option 1: Original
RePro-5 Black and Slim.jpg
Option 2: "Walnut"
RePro Black and Slim 2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

You wasted your time. The first one. :tu:

^I have to agree.

I'm liking the walnut a bit more. :hihi:

There really is very little in it. I think they're both fine, but if I had to choose - I'd pick option 1 (original)
John Braner
http://johnbraner.bandcamp.com
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner
and all the major streaming/download sites.

i like the second one better

I just leave mine in "Tweaks" mode all the time :D
Aliens wrote:You wasted your time. The first one. :tu:

Is there not yet a no-wood skin available?

well, none got more realistic, tbh, first looks fresh from Dave's factory in 1978, while walnut is like Prophet-5 dragged on tours for 40 years, soaked in finger grease, booze, tobacco and woman juice.

I know, not the most common and convenient place to do it, but when you have to have a tour quickie, you have to have a tour quickie.

Here's a whole new take. I started from scratch and went back to the original wood panels then just edited the color to more of a tobacco/walnut stain as you can see here. I'm quite happy with where this last version turned out. Much mellower on the eyes and smokey looking.

I don't want to keep two versions of the GUI just for the wood panels so if people like it, I'll put an update with these wood panels. I may even ditch the Gray GUI since I don't think anyone prefers it (I don't). If no one likes the darker panels, I'll just keep it for my own personal use.

Version 3:
RePro-5 Black and Slim 3.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Funkybot's Evil Twin on Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thanks for the skins! I just got Repro today and I am now using your black versions.

I like your version 3 above. Can you add it?
Play it by ear

I still prefer the first one, but not to be a negative Nellie, the third is better than the second. :tu:

Here's a link to the 3 .png files you'd need to add the dark wood panels.

To install:

1. You must have already installed the skins on the first post of this thread - at least the "Black and Slim" skin
2. Extract the 3 .png files in this zip folder into your Repro-1.data\Support\Themes\Black and Slim\Images\Panes folder
3. You should be asked to overwrite the original files, hit yes

https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3jankmlm2bcx ... s.zip?dl=0

I still may eventually replace the original with this one, but for now you guys can decide on a favorite.

I like that darker wood. Cool stuff!

Return to “u-he”