Zebra stand-alone wrapper?

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Urs,

As if you haven't already got enough on your plate....

Gmedia recently released a "wrapped" version of their impOSCar AU plug... (rather, it requires the AU version to work). It let's you run impOSCar stand-alone on the desktop. It has some limitations, but I've been using it regularly since it became available, and I love it! (it's one of the great strengths of the NI plugs too, they all run stand-alone.)

Anyway, my question: could you consider doing something similar for the Zebra? I'd love to be able to program patches, play, jam, etc. with the Zebra sans-host... (I know, there's Rax, or Bidule, but those tend to complicates matters...).

A humble suggestion/request!

peace,
tribalogical

Hiya trib,

yeah, that might become possible, at least on the Mac.

I have some very weird ideas anyway. But first of all there's only the Win port that counts.

We'll see...

Cheers,

;) Urs

hey, thanks Urs...

well, keep this one in mind... it would be a nice little add-on to the 'package'.

FYI (you probably already know this but, just in case): Gmedia is apparently using FXpansion's "CarbonAUHost" for the stand-alone environment... when you run impOSCar stand-alone, the app-name showing is actually CarbonAUHost... version 0.1 btw... :)

peace,
tribalogical

FYI, the version of CarbonAUhost that comes with ImpOSCar can be tweaked to run Zebra (or any other AU instrument). You'll have to figure out how for yourself though :wink:

Clue: ctrl+click on an application may well reveal secrets.

cool... :)

hey, well, maybe you and Urs can get together and tweak it into submission...?

I can get it to load & play stand-alone, but most of the tabs and drop-downs don't seem to work... which means limited patch editing and no patch selection... darn! something I'm missing?

So close, and yet...

thanks for the tip Angus!

peace,
tribalogical

There was a beta of Rax for a long time that was a free AU host (and much simpler), also there is a Pluggo Based VSTi host that ships with the Computer Music CD.

yeah, plug-hosts aplenty... I suppose I could use the "middle man"... :)

I like the idea of stand-alone instrument plugs (ala NI's stuff)... one less step, one less layer, no host required... just click and go, I love that!

Is there still a decent free plug-host option available? 'Decent' meaning rock-solid and reliable?

peace,
tribalogical

RAX will host 1 Instrument in the free version. If you register it hosts more.

tribalogical wrote:Is there still a decent free plug-host option available? 'Decent' meaning rock-solid and reliable?
Numerology demo would do the trick as well. Hasn't crashed on us during Musikmesse.

;) Urs

Angus_FX wrote:FYI, the version of CarbonAUhost that comes with ImpOSCar can be tweaked to run Zebra (or any other AU instrument). You'll have to figure out how for yourself though :wink:

Clue: ctrl+click on an application may well reveal secrets.
Nice! I now have Zebra and impOSCar running in it standalone. Cool!

Edit: Hmm, Zebra is flaky under this - some controls work but many don't. Oh well, nice try! :)

Return to “u-he”