Latest Builds: Diva 1.4.2 VST3 fix (beta)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Read the VST3 readme in the installer archive.

As always, the only feature I spent a good amount of time on trying to get it to work and the one document that I skipped :x :party:

Thanks for the pointer.

The GUI doesn't redraw slowly anymore when it comes back from being offscreen, that alone is awesome. :3

Thanx a lot Urs and team !
Every updates means a lot

Thanks for the dev of vst3 but tested today in cubase 9.10 on mac 12.12.3 6 core mac pro and finding the cpu ok but the vst peak meter clipping at 512 samples 96k. can the cpu usage be worked on . multicore was enabled too.

Thanks
Music producer and engineer for 25 years product tester for Arturia
aka Logicaldream

Thanks for the dev of vst3 but tested today in cubase 9.10 on mac 12.12.3 6 core mac pro and finding the cpu ok but the vst peak meter clipping at 512 samples 96k. can the cpu usage be worked on . multicore was enabled too.

Thanks
Music producer and engineer for 25 years product tester for Arturia
aka Logicaldream

bnz wrote:Is the midi learn function working for anyone in Cubase with VST3? Works fine for me with VST2, but not with VST3 using this latest version. Is this a feature?

This was bothering me. well not your post but the read me.
and I just tested it with waves element synth and it sure does midi learn as expected.....and it vst3.

( of course as well as all the steinberg vst3 synths I own (groove agent, halion 5, halion sonic 2 etc)
how come urs?

rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:how come urs?
A VST3 does not get MIDI CCs unless it declares a parameter to be the receiver of that CC. So, how can you learn something that you don't get?

Here's a workaround: In order to do MIDI learn a plugin has to announce 2048 extra parameters to the host, one for each of 128 CCs on each of 16 MIDI channels. The plug-in then has to deal with this by itself. This is clumsy.

However, abique who did our Linux port, the VST3 rewrite and who IIRC also wrote the Linux port of VST3 SDK has proposed an extension to VST3 which will allow for MIDI Learn. I'm not fully aware when it's going to happen, but it's supposed to be incorporated to VST3 specs and it'll hopefully be adopted by the hosts. It has some disadvantages over our more general method, but it's the preferrable solution.

Im using VST2 and i occurr strange Phase and pan issues when using digital oscillator stacked up to 2 and more. Sometimes the phase aligns so the chord notes cancels each other out.

Elektronisch wrote:Im using VST2 and i occurr strange Phase and pan issues when using digital oscillator stacked up to 2 and more. Sometimes the phase aligns so the chord notes cancels each other out.
Not sure what you mean and never heard anything like it....

Can you send us a preset and/or project? -> support@u-he.com

Thanks,

- U

Hi Urs,
Urs wrote:However, abique who did our Linux port, the VST3 rewrite and who IIRC also wrote the Linux port of VST3 SDK...
thats a bit exaggerated that abique did wrote the Linux port of the VST3 SDK. He only did an early prototype of VSTGUI for linux, which I rewrote later on.

Cheers
Arne

arne wrote:Hi Urs,
Urs wrote:However, abique who did our Linux port, the VST3 rewrite and who IIRC also wrote the Linux port of VST3 SDK...
thats a bit exaggerated that abique did wrote the Linux port of the VST3 SDK. He only did an early prototype of VSTGUI for linux, which I rewrote later on.

Cheers
Arne
Hi Arne,
hope we can indeed get this (vst3 midi learn) sorted.

thanks
rsp
sound sculptist

Ah, just got brought up-to-date and much of my information was outdated. Seems like people of Steinberg do not share our enthusiasm for these things. I guess it won't happen anytime soon.

My recommendation is to use a plug-in format with complete MIDI implementation to do MIDI Learn, then it also works in VST3, less assigning multiple CCs to one target parameter.

It's a honorable idea to drop something dated like MIDI for a modern plug-in format, but the reality is that MIDI is a standard which to avoid just isn't very practical.

Steinberg is so delusional as a company, it's not even funny.

arne wrote:Hi Urs,

Cheers
Arne
Hi Arne,

I think that Urs meant the VST3 SDK, not including VSTGUI.
To be clear: I did a port of the VST3 SDK (just the plugin interface) to Linux, which I used in u-he plugins and Bitwig Studio v2. I sent my port to Steinberg many months ago and recently, Steinberg released Linux support which was different to my early port.

I'm not the author of the official VST3 SDK port to Linux.

Alex.

Return to “u-he”