Repro-5

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

Okay... gotta say it... RePro-5 is completely freaking awesome!! :love:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Congrats on the milestone. Let's hope for a speedy and relatively bug-free internal beta.
Hehehe, a few crashes were already reported. Gotta fix all of these...
pdxindy wrote:Okay... gotta say it... RePro-5 is completely freaking awesome!! :love:
Thank you :oops:
masterhiggins wrote:Who do we need to murder or bribe to get in on a private beta?
We usually scout & invite people ourselves, e.g. if they post / send us detailed problem reports, or if they stick out during our public beta tests. Or also if they are renowned for their sound design. There's no clear rule for this though. Usually someone in the office says, hey look at this guy, he might be a good beta tester. Also, sometimes we ask people with special knowledge, depending on what we're working on (tape, compressors, Linux, reverbs, Pro-Ones).

What about Zebra 2.8?

What about it? Hasn't the chain of events been outlined often enough by now? :)

Repro-5 first. Because it has the new browser.
If the new browser works and is well-received, we put it into Zebra2 and release that.

But there's no use releasing Zebra2.8 with a potentially problematic browser, and then risk having to deal with the aftermath of two groups of people (Repro-5 crowd and Zebra2 crowd) all complaining in parallel about the same potential browser issues in 3 or 4 different threads.
No thanks, we actually want to get the thing finished. :)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

Elektronisch wrote:What about Zebra 2.8?
Try the zebra thread. This is the repro5 thread.

#rob wrote:What about it? Hasn't the chain of events been outlined often enough by now? :)

Repro-5 first. Because it has the new browser.
If the new browser works and is well-received, we put it into Zebra2 and release that.

But there's no use releasing Zebra2.8 with a potentially problematic browser, and then risk having to deal with the aftermath of two groups of people (Repro-5 crowd and Zebra2 crowd) all complaining in parallel about the same potential browser issues in 3 or 4 different threads.
No thanks, we actually want to get the thing finished. :)
Hehe ok, thanks for the clear answer :)

Any chance of a quick audio demo of a couple patches from anybody? So we don't have to take a cold shower :-)

Urs wrote:There's no clear rule for this though. Usually someone in the office says, hey look at this guy, he might be a good beta tester. Also, sometimes we ask people with special knowledge, depending on what we're working on (tape, compressors, Linux, reverbs, Pro-Ones).
Well, I'm not designing sounds but I use synths quite a lot. If you need testing on the Linux side, email me. I can spend the next 7, 10 days or more only using Repro-5. I use u-he synths in the latest Bitwig under Linux Mint 18 (Ubuntu based).

I also work in software (Linux platforms) and have a very good interest in testing.

Same with Zebra 2.8 by the way.

Tschüß.

pdxindy wrote:Okay... gotta say it... RePro-5 is completely freaking awesome!! :love:
Well, it's u-he... What were you expecting!?! :wink:

Does the new preset browser impact how saving presets works? One of the things I find cumbersome about using tags in the current versions of Diva/RePro-1 is that the save screen doesn't include the tags so it's essentially a three-step process (if memory serves): 1) save your preset and enter the relevant info, 2) then go in and tag the patch, then 3) go in and resave the preset to include the new tags. Would be nice if that could all be consolidated into a single screen/step.

You forgot a step between 1 and 2

1.5) Listen carefully to patch and contemplate which tags best describe sound

Also maybe another...

1.6) Listen carefully to patch in context with other sounds and contemplate which tags best describe sound in practical use

:D
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: 1) save your preset and enter the relevant info, 2) then go in and tag the patch, then 3) go in and resave the preset to include the new tags.
Unless I'm missing something, there's no need to save twice; just tag the patch and save?

Yes I think that's right. You can activate or 'tick' tags when you first create and save a patch.

viewtopic.php?p=6891638#p6891638
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:Does the new preset browser impact how saving presets works? One of the things I find cumbersome about using tags in the current versions of Diva/RePro-1 is that the save screen doesn't include the tags so it's essentially a three-step process (if memory serves): 1) save your preset and enter the relevant info, 2) then go in and tag the patch, then 3) go in and resave the preset to include the new tags. Would be nice if that could all be consolidated into a single screen/step.
I don't like tagging in the save dialog, at least not in the current situation. As we're adding tags to more plug-ins, tagging will mainly be done in bulk. That is because no preset out there is tagged yet. For that it's better not to have to go through a dialog for each and every preset.

You can however tag any preset without saving again. That's how drag'n'drop tagging and tagging in the preset info works, and we decided to add that to our existing tag interface as well.

hakey wrote:
Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: 1) save your preset and enter the relevant info, 2) then go in and tag the patch, then 3) go in and resave the preset to include the new tags.
Unless I'm missing something, there's no need to save twice; just tag the patch and save?
That's correct, currently. It will be "save first, then tag" in future. I.e. the file needs to be created first, as the database updates itself and the file automatically, without extra saving.

Return to “u-he”