PRODUCTS
Repro

Urs wrote:We still experience some instability
Hey, as long as its the oscillators sell it as a feature :D
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote:
pdxindy wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
pdxindy wrote:since various controllers and hosts don't allow easy remapping.
In that case you can use a plugin to do your remapping. For example, pizmidi will do.

http://thepiz.org/plugins/?p=pizmidi
So then it does not really matter if RePro-5 gets CC74?
Maybe not for the Linnsgrument but I'm pretty sure there's no way to do per voice filter cutoff changes with the Roli Rise regardless of CC mapping. Per voice pitch bends work (built with MIDI guitars in mind I suppose), but I don't think that vertical axis on the Rise can be assigned to work on a per voice level in U-he synths at the moment. Currently, using Diva, assigning CC74 to filter cutoff on the Rise means that if you're playing a four note chord and move one finger up the key, the filter opens equally on all four voices not just that one. On a fully MPE compatible synth, the filter would open for the one note while remaining unchanged for the other three.
What host are you using?

ghettosynth wrote:You know, not that I want to read anything into a casual comment, but, I'm not a total slouch when it comes to the maths, and, well, there's really only one upgrade price that makes that statement true.
Absolutely!

(someone asked for something, and that was that something)

Note to self - never ever go near the concept of infinity when discussing possible charges.

More seriously - I'd be delighted to test a screwed up browser with standout synth as I'm sure many others would be too. I'm certain that I'm not the only software engineer who would love to do a bit of qa for you.

Vesius wrote:Note to self - never ever go near the concept of infinity when discussing possible charges.

More seriously - I'd be delighted to test a screwed up browser with standout synth as I'm sure many others would be too. I'm certain that I'm not the only software engineer who would love to do a bit of qa for you.
My guess is that the practical effect of such an approach would be 500 people reporting the same issues via a few different methods (support tickets, email, forum posts, PM's, etc.), then endless discussion and semi-pro troubleshooting (like when people on forums say, "post your system specs" as if they can do anything about a bug) that would ultimately distract and detract from the issue(s) actually getting resolved. Let the team work through the issues internally, get a good build out to the private testers, then let the private testers find and report new issues, then get the build to a shape where it's almost ready for prime time before the public beta. The U-he guys (no gals on the team?) seem to have this down to a science.

All that said, I'd also love to get my hands on an early release even if fairly unstable (patience isn't my strong suit), but I understand the arguments against.

Vesius wrote:Note to self - never ever go near the concept of infinity when discussing possible charges.

My guess is that the practical effect of such an approach would be 500 people reporting the same issues via a few different methods (support tickets, email, forum posts, PM's, etc.), then endless discussion and semi-pro troubleshooting (like when people on forums say, "post your system specs" as if they can do anything about a bug) that would ultimately distract and detract from the issue(s) actually getting resolved. Let the team work through the issues internally, get a good build out to the private testers, then let the private testers find and report new issues, then get the build to a shape where it's almost ready for prime time before the public beta. The U-he guys (no gals on the team?) seem to have this down to a science.

All that said, I'd also love to get my hands on an early release even if fairly unstable (patience isn't my strong suit), but I understand the arguments against.
I work with software development. Something really way simpler than vst - website development - and you're 100% right. Even if the troubles are small, they probably would generate a great stress to U-He right now. Better wait for their timing. When it's done, it's done.

waltercruz wrote: I work with software development. Something really way simpler than vst - website development - and you're 100% right. Even if the troubles are small, they probably would generate a great stress to U-He right now. Better wait for their timing. When it's done, it's done.
It's not like you guys don't have other synths, right?

ghettosynth wrote:
waltercruz wrote: I work with software development. Something really way simpler than vst - website development - and you're 100% right. Even if the troubles are small, they probably would generate a great stress to U-He right now. Better wait for their timing. When it's done, it's done.
It's not like you guys don't have other synths, right?
Plenty. All excellent.

It's perfectly reasonable to be excited and impatient about the imminent release of Repro-5.....:hyper:
:hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

spunkmuffin wrote:It's perfectly reasonable to be excited and impatient about the imminent release of Repro-5.....:hyper:
Wait a minute, is spunkmuffin going to be allowed to use Repro-5 since his motto is "mono synths forever"? ;)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Only Hitler can stop me. :P
:hyper: M O N O S Y N T H S F O R E V E R :hyper:

You're absolutely right. In the current state one can't reopen a project with two instances of Repro-1/5. Stuff like that. 34 open tickets before beta, 6 of them crash bugs. It's a no-go, pretty much.

It's been a big refactoring job with lots of little things in the aftermath, but we're getting there 8)

Maybe it would have been less trouble to make a poly originally :hihi:

Urs wrote: It's been a big refactoring job with lots of little things in the aftermath, but we're getting there 8)
Interesting project. With these setbacks how much extra time do you think you'd need?

I was trying to get a sense of what it would sound like from those superbooth videos but there are only a few around and the ones that are around don't quite give me a sense of what this will be like. I've recently tried Diva and that's quite impressive so I'm hoping this will be equally impressive.

thesmiths wrote:how much extra time do you think you'd need?
For a few weeks, every week we thought, if all goes well it might be next week.

Return to “u-he”