Repro-5

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

Urs wrote: Similar, if not a bit easier on CPU than Diva. Still, HQ should be avoided when possible, modern 4+ core CPUs benefit vastly from MultiCore support.

Leaving JAWS away and doing a more generic per-voice distortion was a CPU decision.
Is it possible to switch to JAWS in a future, especially considering that AMD vs Intel race is back?
Murderous duck!

Urs for president!

david.beholder wrote:
Urs wrote: Similar, if not a bit easier on CPU than Diva. Still, HQ should be avoided when possible, modern 4+ core CPUs benefit vastly from MultiCore support.

Leaving JAWS away and doing a more generic per-voice distortion was a CPU decision.
Is it possible to switch to JAWS in a future, especially considering that AMD vs Intel race is back?

FWIW, In the initial demonstration of RePro-5 Urs explained that JAWS is essentially wasted on a polyphonic synth, and is designed for use in a Monosynth... meaning if you want it, you should probably be using RePro 1, not RePro 5, anyway....I believe he said the effect gets too unstable / chaotic when used on polyphonic material.

Urs wrote:
quantum7 wrote:Can I just buy this already? :D
You can. Just buy Repro-1 and we'll upgrade you when it's out :clown:
I know I should, but I'm not a big mono synth fan...heck, I even sold my Moog Voyager earlier this year to buy a Modal Electronics 002 and 008. I have 10 fingers....and I like to utilize them all when playing on the keys. :clown:

quantum7 wrote:
Urs wrote:
I know I should, but I'm not a big mono synth fan...heck, I even sold my Moog Voyager earlier this year to buy a Modal Electronics 002 and 008. I have 10 fingers....and I like to utilize them all when playing on the keys. :clown:
AFAIK, this response doesn't make any sense. Unless something has changed, Repro1/5 will be one product, so, when you get Repro 5 you will also get a pesky monosynth anyway, you're just going to pay more for the privilege.

ghettosynth wrote:
quantum7 wrote:
Urs wrote:
AFAIK, this response doesn't make any sense. Unless something has changed, Repro1/5 will be one product, so, when you get Repro 5 you will also get a pesky monosynth anyway, you're just going to pay more for the privilege.
Oops! I didn't realize that. I guess I can put up with that "pesky monosynth" then. :lol:

quantum7 wrote:Oops! I didn't realize that. I guess I can put up with that "pesky monosynth" then. :lol:
:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:
quantum7 wrote:I have 10 fingers....and I like to utilize them all when playing on the keys. :clown:
With mono synths you use one hand on the keys, the other on the wheels and knobs. Makes all the difference in expression ;)

quantum7 wrote:Oops! I didn't realize that. I guess I can put up with that "pesky monosynth" then. :lol:
It will likely cost less if you buy Repro~1 now. Urs tends to reward those that purchase stuff in a beta (or pre-release) environment. I have a feeling the Repro~1/5 bundle will be more than $99...
Feel free to call me Brian.

bmrzycki wrote:
It will likely cost less if you buy Repro~1 now. Urs tends to reward those that purchase stuff in a beta (or pre-release) environment. I have a feeling the Repro~1/5 bundle will be more than $99...
Yes, that's what I meant. Whether you buy now or later you will get the same product, except that you will probably have to pay more if you wait.

Urs, any chance of a very quick random patch script for Repro 1/Repro 5 please ?

http://www.gradywerks.com/cc.htm

This Dog Will Hunt.
Works great on hardware too....

Is it likely we will see repro5 beta at the end of this month? :-)

How do you become a beta tester?

Hemmick Reef wrote:How do you become a beta tester?
You wait for the public beta. ;)
Cheers
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library

#rob wrote:
Hemmick Reef wrote:How do you become a beta tester?
You wait for the public beta. ;)
So I guess the link arrives here... or do you have to be inducted into a cult group via some unusual test :wink:

Return to “u-he”