Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

Repro-5

david.beholder
KVRian

1328 posts since 12 Sep, 2007

Postby david.beholder; Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:37 am Re: Repro-5

Urs wrote:Similar, if not a bit easier on CPU than Diva. Still, HQ should be avoided when possible, modern 4+ core CPUs benefit vastly from MultiCore support.

Leaving JAWS away and doing a more generic per-voice distortion was a CPU decision.

Is it possible to switch to JAWS in a future, especially considering that AMD vs Intel race is back?
Image Murderous duck!
stimresp
KVRian

985 posts since 1 Jul, 2008

Postby stimresp; Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:57 am Re: Repro-5

Urs for president!
mholloway
KVRian

669 posts since 10 Jan, 2009, from Portland, OR, USA

Postby mholloway; Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:38 am Re: Repro-5

david.beholder wrote:
Urs wrote:Similar, if not a bit easier on CPU than Diva. Still, HQ should be avoided when possible, modern 4+ core CPUs benefit vastly from MultiCore support.

Leaving JAWS away and doing a more generic per-voice distortion was a CPU decision.

Is it possible to switch to JAWS in a future, especially considering that AMD vs Intel race is back?

FWIW, In the initial demonstration of RePro-5 Urs explained that JAWS is essentially wasted on a polyphonic synth, and is designed for use in a Monosynth... meaning if you want it, you should probably be using RePro 1, not RePro 5, anyway....I believe he said the effect gets too unstable / chaotic when used on polyphonic material.
www.dwifh.com - old-school industrial music by DEAD WHEN I FOUND HER
quantum7
KVRian

817 posts since 30 Dec, 2006, from the hills above beautiful Boise, Idaho

Postby quantum7; Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:10 pm Re: Repro-5

Urs wrote:
quantum7 wrote:Can I just buy this already? :D

You can. Just buy Repro-1 and we'll upgrade you when it's out :clown:

I know I should, but I'm not a big mono synth fan...heck, I even sold my Moog Voyager earlier this year to buy a Modal Electronics 002 and 008. I have 10 fingers....and I like to utilize them all when playing on the keys. :clown:
"It is better to compose than decompose."

Sean Christopher Dockery
www.SeanDockery.com www.SeanChristopher.net
ghettosynth
KVRAF

9625 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:12 pm Re: Repro-5

quantum7 wrote:
Urs wrote:

I know I should, but I'm not a big mono synth fan...heck, I even sold my Moog Voyager earlier this year to buy a Modal Electronics 002 and 008. I have 10 fingers....and I like to utilize them all when playing on the keys. :clown:

AFAIK, this response doesn't make any sense. Unless something has changed, Repro1/5 will be one product, so, when you get Repro 5 you will also get a pesky monosynth anyway, you're just going to pay more for the privilege.
quantum7
KVRian

817 posts since 30 Dec, 2006, from the hills above beautiful Boise, Idaho

Postby quantum7; Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:24 pm Re: Repro-5

ghettosynth wrote:
quantum7 wrote:
Urs wrote:

AFAIK, this response doesn't make any sense. Unless something has changed, Repro1/5 will be one product, so, when you get Repro 5 you will also get a pesky monosynth anyway, you're just going to pay more for the privilege.

Oops! I didn't realize that. I guess I can put up with that "pesky monosynth" then. :lol:
"It is better to compose than decompose."

Sean Christopher Dockery
www.SeanDockery.com www.SeanChristopher.net
Urs
u-he

21165 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:40 pm Re: Repro-5

quantum7 wrote:Oops! I didn't realize that. I guess I can put up with that "pesky monosynth" then. :lol:

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

quantum7 wrote:I have 10 fingers....and I like to utilize them all when playing on the keys. :clown:

With mono synths you use one hand on the keys, the other on the wheels and knobs. Makes all the difference in expression ;)
bmrzycki
KVRAF

3952 posts since 11 Aug, 2006, from Austin, TX

Postby bmrzycki; Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:52 pm Re: Repro-5

quantum7 wrote:Oops! I didn't realize that. I guess I can put up with that "pesky monosynth" then. :lol:
It will likely cost less if you buy Repro~1 now. Urs tends to reward those that purchase stuff in a beta (or pre-release) environment. I have a feeling the Repro~1/5 bundle will be more than $99...
Feel free to call me Brian.
ghettosynth
KVRAF

9625 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:00 pm Re: Repro-5

bmrzycki wrote:
It will likely cost less if you buy Repro~1 now. Urs tends to reward those that purchase stuff in a beta (or pre-release) environment. I have a feeling the Repro~1/5 bundle will be more than $99...

Yes, that's what I meant. Whether you buy now or later you will get the same product, except that you will probably have to pay more if you wait.
synth_punk
KVRer

18 posts since 14 Sep, 2017

Postby synth_punk; Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:53 pm Re: Repro-5

Urs, any chance of a very quick random patch script for Repro 1/Repro 5 please ?
diaper@ky
KVRist

186 posts since 28 Jul, 2014

Postby diaper@ky; Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:50 pm Re: Repro-5

http://www.gradywerks.com/cc.htm

This Dog Will Hunt.
Works great on hardware too....
Elektronisch
KVRAF

1695 posts since 3 Feb, 2010

Postby Elektronisch; Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:11 pm Re: Repro-5

Is it likely we will see repro5 beta at the end of this month? :-)
Hemmick Reef
KVRian

1233 posts since 10 Jan, 2005, from UK

Postby Hemmick Reef; Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:02 am Re: Repro-5

How do you become a beta tester?
#rob
KVRist

376 posts since 20 Aug, 2013

Postby #rob; Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:13 am Re: Repro-5

Hemmick Reef wrote:How do you become a beta tester?

You wait for the public beta. ;)
Cheers,
Rob
u-he | Support | FAQ | Patch Library
Hemmick Reef
KVRian

1233 posts since 10 Jan, 2005, from UK

Postby Hemmick Reef; Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:21 am Re: Repro-5

#rob wrote:
Hemmick Reef wrote:How do you become a beta tester?

You wait for the public beta. ;)

So I guess the link arrives here... or do you have to be inducted into a cult group via some unusual test :wink:
PreviousNext

Moderator: u-he Mods

Return to u-he