Attack Problem with Voice Stealing

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there ...

I noticed that the amp env is not used when Diva does voice stealing. So when you have a long attack and you run out of voices the next note you play does not kill the oldest voice and restart the env it's instantly at full sustain amount. Is there a setting somewhere that change this behaviour?

Especially with pads I love to play with a sustain pedal and just keep on playing letting the voice stealing cleaning up behind me but with Diva it doesn't work ...

Cheers,
Daniel

That is how analogue synthesizers work... Prophets, Minimoogs, Memorymoogs, Junos, Jupiters... they all do it.

The only one that comes to mind which does restart envelopes, is the Korg Minilogue, which has been in heavy criticism for clicking artifacts because of it (or maybe just because of Velocity jumps?).

Thanks for clearing this up Urs!

I struggled with this in my own humble hobby vst programming experiments trying all sort of things and every solution came with its own disadvantages... so I sort of expected that this is not a bug but a feature. Allocating a temp extra voice to mix in over a couple of samples worked but than how many spare voices ... bla bla ..

Just wanted to ask because I saw the last release note mentioning attack trigger fixes...

Still in my top5 list :-)

thanks again

Return to “u-he”