U-He wavetable synth?

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, I'm aware that some elements of wavetable synthesis / oscillators are going to find their way into Zebra3 (at least that's how I understood the comments), but I wonder if there's possibility of a separate wavetable synth being made by U-He, with their trademark twist, ease-of-use and high-quality sound?

If not as a standalone VSTi, then maybe "just" as a Bitwig device to compete with just revealed Live 10's Wavetable ;) :D
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

I dislike wavetables that "switch" between waveforms. I like smooth transitions. This requires mathematical concepts with a few key waveforms rather than a large number of waveforms to suppress switching artefacts. And that's exactly what Zebra has done, like, forever ;-)

As you've got Codex already I reckon you've got a more powerful version of Live 10's Wavetable, as I believe Ableton's veresion doesn't allow 3rd party wavetable importing (yet anyway)

mcbpete wrote:As you've got Codex already I reckon you've got a more powerful version of Live 10's Wavetable, as I believe Ableton's veresion doesn't allow 3rd party wavetable importing (yet anyway)
Oh, I know! My post was a not-so-clever (and now pretty obvious) attempt to get Urs to maybe comment on the rumoured co-op with Bitwig ;) :P
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote:rumoured co-op with Bitwig
Hahaha, where did you get that from?

Urs wrote:
I've seen speculation on the forums since the Bitwig cross promotion a couple of months ago.

ilmai wrote:
Urs wrote:
I've seen speculation on the forums since the Bitwig cross promotion a couple of months ago.
Hah, ok. But that was our third cross promotion in two years and we're just way to busy with our own stuff to ever do something with anybody else.

It is interesting that wavetable synths now seem to be the default, even for very commercial music. Who would have predicted that ten years ago?

Urs wrote:
ilmai wrote:
Urs wrote:
Hah, ok. But that was our third cross promotion in two years and we're just way to busy with our own stuff to ever do something with anybody else.
Yeah, but you know how it is with rumors :D They start from the tiniest spark and rarely go away, since they are now folklore.

knowix wrote:It is interesting that wavetable synths now seem to be the default, even for very commercial music. Who would have predicted that ten years ago?
I don't see it as a "default". It's more that wavetable is being more commonly offered as a form of synthesis alongside everything else, and since subtractive has been around since the beginning, can seem to be invisible because it is the default. There are still more new subtractive synths than there are new wavetable-only synths. Don't forget that wavetable synthesis was encumbered with patents for many years, so people faced legal and technical roadblocks in implementing it.

May be some classic Wavetable/Wavescanning oscillator in Diva?
Murderous duck!

Urs wrote:
ilmai wrote:
Urs wrote:
Talking about Bitwig anf U-He... is Bitwig studio is a choice of daw in U-he office?

Elektronisch wrote:Talking about Bitwig anf U-He... is Bitwig studio is a choice of daw in U-he office?
We don't use DAWs much, but we test in every DAW. Our most used plug-in hosts are probably Savihost and AUHosting.

Urs wrote:
ilmai wrote:
Urs wrote:

:D
Music tech enthusiast

antic604 wrote:
mcbpete wrote:As you've got Codex already I reckon you've got a more powerful version of Live 10's Wavetable, as I believe Ableton's veresion doesn't allow 3rd party wavetable importing (yet anyway)
Oh, I know! My post was a not-so-clever (and now pretty obvious) attempt to get Urs to maybe comment on the rumoured co-op with Bitwig ;) :P
I guess Bitwig does not have the money.

Ask Ableton. :D (At least they were able to pay Cytomic) :tu:

Return to “u-he”