Just ordered Mode Machines Professor V2 (Prophet 5/Repro-5) MIDI controller :)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks a lot, mates!

I've got at least the software problem sorted. It turned out to be a download issue. Mode Machines have their files on a dropbox website and a direct download would render at least the jpg which makes for the GUI corrupt. So I got me a dropbox account and choose the "save in your personal dropbox" option. I then got the files from my dropbox.

The software works now and when I transmit the CC assignement the professors blinks with all it's LEDs. According the manual it's supposed to do that when it receives new assignments. So the software works fine I guess. Unfortunately the professor would not change the assignements, it still has the faulty assigment it came with.

Meanwhile I think it's just broken. When it arrived over here the packaging was in a bad state and it also looked as if the customs here in Germany opened up the box. So maybe it got broken during shipping.

Since the company apparently is german, I will contact them after the holidays and see if they can fix it before I have to sent it back to Australia...

Garrincha wrote:Thanks a lot, mates!

I've got at least the software problem sorted. It turned out to be a download issue. Mode Machines have their files on a dropbox website and a direct download would render at least the jpg which makes for the GUI corrupt. So I got me a dropbox account and choose the "save in your personal dropbox" option. I then got the files from my dropbox.

The software works now and when I transmit the CC assignement the professors blinks with all it's LEDs. According the manual it's supposed to do that when it receives new assignments. So the software works fine I guess. Unfortunately the professor would not change the assignements, it still has the faulty assigment it came with.

Meanwhile I think it's just broken. When it arrived over here the packaging was in a bad state and it also looked as if the customs here in Germany opened up the box. So maybe it got broken during shipping.

Since the company apparently is german, I will contact them after the holidays and see if they can fix it before I have to sent it back to Australia...
Mine got delayed coming to the UK, and also got opened by customs I think. The box was also damaged, but I think the controller is OK. It seems to work, no visible signs of damage, but I have not had chance to test it properly, waiting on the new Linux Repro beta to work on my system.

Mode machines are really friendly and helpful, I have chatted to the guy who made an updated firmware for the professor who still works there, his name is Malte. I think those guys will help you with any problems, seems like a great company. Definitely talk to Malte before sending anything back :)

Return to “u-he”