Repro V1.1 released (including Repro-5, free update)

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Repro

Late to the party, but congrats to Urs and everyone at u-he on the Repro-5 release and thanks very much for the incredibly generous free upgrade! I don't own any classic hardware, but Repro-1 and now 5 are easily the best sounding VST instruments in my library.

tvdv wrote:For some reason the NKS presets for REPRO-5 are not showing up in Maschine for me. I’m wondering if anyone else has this issue and has been able to resolve it.
Have you got the official release version? This sounds like the beta installer.

Also, you might have to rescan the library in Machine/Komplete Kontrol.

I've been tinkering with the Piano 1 & 2 envelopes, and I feel the manual is a bit brief here.

(no offence, it's a great manual)

In both Piano 1 & 2, the release stage is (kind of) a second decay, which is a little more obvious when the sustain is all the way up...and If you turn the release knob all the way up, it will decay for about a minute and a half. It can be a little confusing if the sustain level is turned down because of the one-shot style decay. With the sustained turned all the way down, you basically have a simple one-shot attack and decay envelope. But with the sustain level anywhere between 0-100%, it's like having two separate decay stages. You can have a very fast decay and then a very slow decay starting from the sustain stage, or vice versa. The extra (true) release still interacts with the release knob, but it seems to be a much shorter, scaled back release time, which is longer in Piano 1 than in Piano 2.

Obviously, great for traditional keyboard sounds...hence the name. I hope this helps anyone who might have been confused by these envelopes. I also write these posts from time to time to help MYSELF understand! :lol:

Happy New Year! :party:

RP5:
When moving the knobs via midi the value is not shown in the LCD display, is this intended or a bug?

That's intended AFAIK.

Just wondering are if the repro 1 patches will work/load in repro 5 (and vice versa)? either vst 2 and/or vst3?

Thanks

Partially. It's not advised to do it as some might crash Repro-5.

EvilDragon wrote:Partially. It's not advised to do it as some might crash Repro-5.
OK thanks E.D not tried, may have a play around later see whats what :)

EvilDragon wrote:That's intended AFAIK.
Seems, that other u-he synth (like Diva) are also affected.

They're not "affected" because it's not a bug, it's intended to work like that.

Favourites that I saved with the original release of Repro-1 aren't showing up at all in the new version with the new browser - is this a known issue/is there a known fix?

Database has a different format now, so that might be related.

mustgroove wrote:Favourites that I saved with the original release of Repro-1 aren't showing up at all in the new version with the new browser - is this a known issue/is there a known fix?
If you installed the update in the same location as the original release version, then Repro should have imported your old favourites the first time you loaded the new version of the plugin. We tested this on Mac and Windows, and it usually works.
If you want, you can try it again:
Check if our old favourites file is still present. In the main preset directory, there should be a file called Favourites.db.txt. This file was where favourites got stored in the old version of the preset browser.
Then look for the new PresetDatabase folder and temporarily remove the Repro-1_Presets.presetsdb file from it (But keep it in reach. In case you already have added new favourites to the presets and you don't want to loose them, you can put that database file back in its place after having done the test).
When you now start your host and load Repro-1, it will have to rebuild the preset database, and it will look for that old Favourites.db.txt file and try to import it.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

tasmaniandevil wrote:
mustgroove wrote:Favourites that I saved with the original release of Repro-1 aren't showing up at all in the new version with the new browser - is this a known issue/is there a known fix?
If you installed the update in the same location as the original release version, then Repro should have imported your old favourites the first time you loaded the new version of the plugin. We tested this on Mac and Windows, and it usually works.
If you want, you can try it again:
Check if our old favourites file is still present. In the main preset directory, there should be a file called Favourites.db.txt. This file was where favourites got stored in the old version of the preset browser.
Then look for the new PresetDatabase folder and temporarily remove the Repro-1_Presets.presetsdb file from it (But keep it in reach. In case you already have added new favourites to the presets and you don't want to loose them, you can put that database file back in its place after having done the test).
When you now start your host and load Repro-1, it will have to rebuild the preset database, and it will look for that old Favourites.db.txt file and try to import it.
Thanks for the reply - I accidentally replied by PM but posting again here so it's in the thread, sorry about that

I do have the Favourites.db.txt file, but I don't have a PresetDatabase folder at all, not sure why that would be the case. I tried right-clicking in the preset browser and selecting "Refresh" but it hasn't done anything unfortunately

mustgroove wrote:Thanks for the reply - I accidentally replied by PM but posting again here so it's in the thread, sorry about that
No problem. :wink:
mustgroove wrote:I do have the Favourites.db.txt file, but I don't have a PresetDatabase folder at all, not sure why that would be the case. I tried right-clicking in the preset browser and selecting "Refresh" but it hasn't done anything unfortunately
I think the PresetDatabase folder will be created the first time you start the plugin after installation.
On Mac it will be located here:
/Users/you/Library/Application Support/u-he/Repro-1/PresetDatabase

And on Windows, it will be directly inside your data folder:
YourInstallationPath\Repro-1.data\PresetDatabase

If you are on Windows and you don't see it there, did you maybe install the 1.1 update to a different location than the original version?
This would also explain why the favourites have not been imported in the first place.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Return to “u-he”