Latest Builds: Diva 1.4.3 (beta)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all,

While Urs is away in Australia we are working to release a couple of updates before we start our sprint towards Superbooth.
So, here is a new build, hopefully solving some issues, plus improvements and new features.

This beta comes with an all-new preset browser. As a precaution, please backup your presets before updating.

Win: https://uhedownloads-heckmannaudiogmb.n ... 14_Win.zip
Mac: https://uhedownloads-heckmannaudiogmb.n ... 14_Mac.zip

A few notes for those experiencing unusually long wait times when loading the first instance of the plug-in:

* The very first time you load the new beta, it will have to do a scan to rebuild the database
* The whole process should only take a few seconds, depending on how many presets you have installed
* Once the scan is complete, your folders and presets will appear and you are ready to go.
* After the initial load, you can switch the new preference "Scan on startup" to "Off" to prevent subsequent scans
* Manual scans can be started using the "Refresh" command in the directory view right-click menu
* The scanning process now has a progress bar
* You can browse your presets during a scan (except during the initial scan after updating)
* GUI reopening times and preset search performance have been improved

If you experience unusually slow scanning times (mainly on Windows), make sure to exclude the u-he data folder from any malware realtime scanners you might have installed (e.g. Windows Defender).
Note: Windows Defender slows down the database scan, even if the u-he folders are excluded from scanning.

Diva 1.4.3 beta 01 changelog (rev. 7114)
changes since revision 5541 (1.4.2 beta 01)

Improvements:

* All new preset browser
* New MIDI Control A/B feature that replaces fixed expression / breath modulation
* Mouse-over shows parameter values in main display
* Improved handling of 14bit MIDI CC assignment
* Plugin format & OS info next to revision number
* Increased maximum number of skins from 10 to 20
* "On open expand to" has new "none" option
* Init preset can be loaded from main display
* Windows installer now certified

Fixed:

* Digital oscillator - multisaw had phase-reset on first notes
* Finetune parameter could not be locked
* MacOS High Sierra - folders and presets unsorted if using APFS
* Mac only - possible Cubase crash
* Mac only - waveform display was scaled wrong at small GUI sizes
* Win only - VST3 wasn't remembering preset name in main display

Known issues & notes:

* Crash when trying to load script presets (e.g. Randomizer)
* Some small quirks in preset browser (e.g. scrollbar jumping)
* Microtuning browser has a few glitches (incl. crash when creating new folder)
Last edited by tasmaniandevil on Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
That QA guy from planet u-he.

Thank you.
rsp
sound sculptist

I had really hoped for a Stepped arpeggiator... :neutral:
Hope it won't take too long.

Soarer wrote:I had really hoped for a Stepped arpeggiator... :neutral:
Hope it won't take too long.
Why would you think that is coming?

I don't know what is planned, but adding the new browser to the various plugins, plus Zebra 3 seems to be the priority.

I discussed it at some time with Urs and hoped it would find it's way in the next version.
I just find it limiting to use an arp that goes on without any rhythmical breaks.

And he said they would do it?

This?
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=480073&p=6783614&h ... p#p6783614
Rsp
sound sculptist

Soarer wrote:I discussed it at some time with Urs and hoped it would find it's way in the next version.
I just find it limiting to use an arp that goes on without any rhythmical breaks.
My suggestion is to use a VST arp...

Meanwhile, this new Diva update is exciting because you can now use CC#74 (or any other CC#) as a mod source! (Good for MPE)

Also, there is the new preset browser and for High Sierra users, the presets sort correctly again.

Does it work with the Volta GUI Skin btw ?

All older skins work, but they will need to be updated for new preset browser features.

tasmaniandevil wrote: * New MIDI Control A/B feature that replaces fixed expression / breath modulation
This alone made my day, thanks a billion! Now I'm just patiently waiting for a new Bazille beta with that new feature implemented (please! ;)).
Computer musician / Ableton Certified Trainer / Mastering engineer
.com
3OP

Great! Really liked the new browser. So it's amazing to got it now in this amazing synth!

EvilDragon wrote:All older skins work, but they will need to be updated for new preset browser features.
Crap that means mine will probably be broken. Since it's just an edit of a skin created by someone else I'm not sure if I'll have the needed skills to update it. Depends on what "needs to be updated" means I suppose :(

I've been thinking of selling Diva since I rarely use it these days although I do love it. Or perhaps seeing if anyone wants to trade Repro 5.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

i can't seem to save a preset to the midi programs folder and the programs there seem to have changed their order so that things i already had setup aren't coming up right.

i reverted back to previous version and it seems ok now.

Also do I need the NKS files - I dont really understand what that is.
Last edited by xtreme sounds on Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

melodyz wrote:Also do I need the NKS files - I dont really understand what that is.
If you don't have NI's keyboard or Maschine, you don't need these.

Return to “u-he”