Delphi ASIO & VST sourceforge project

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Norbert Stellberg wrote:But the compiler missing the file
DMidiKeys.res
Ok, sorry. That file is indeed missing. I just uploaded it.

Also I just uploaded a precompiled release. You can find it here.

Christian

Hello once again,

just uploaded a simple sampler plugin, that loads a wave file and plays that wave file as sample.

Christian

Hi Christian Budde,

Good news for me :shock:

Thanks a lot :P

Best regards

mj

Just want to let you know that I changed the MiniHostCore example to compile in Lazarus as well (although it fails to run).
Some help is apreciated here!

Christian

Christian Budde wrote: Also I just uploaded a precompiled release. You can find it here.
Christian
Hi Christian,
thanks for the compiled versions.
All binary files works very well. In MiniHost I can load
und hear the plugins.
That means, the problem is a compilation problem.(I think so) I have checked the source again and again. I have new installed the components. I have checked the compiler options. Nothing at all. I cannot hear any sound in my self compiled binary files.
Have you an idea ?
with best regards
Norbert

Norbert Stellberg wrote:That means, the problem is a compilation problem.(I think so) I have checked the source again and again. I have new installed the components. I have checked the compiler options. Nothing at all. I cannot hear any sound in my self compiled binary files.
Have you an idea ?
I guess you have to debug the application. The starting point should be ASIOHostBufferSwitch(..)
Set a breakpoint to OutBuffer[ChOfs]. It should be filled with zeroes since we already found out, that ASIO works in general. The question is, why is filled with zeroes.

This is the case if either VSTBufOut[0] or VSTVol or OverallVol is zero. My guess is, that VSTBufOut[0] is zero. If so, you have to figure out why it is zero.
In that case set a breakpoint to:

Code: Select all

VSTHost.VSTPlugIns[0].processreplacing(@VSTBufIn[0], @VSTBufOut[0], bs)
If VSTBufOut[0] is an array of zeroes, than something went wrong initializing the VST. You have to have a closer look (via breakpoints) in other procedures/functions then.

Kind regards,

Christian

Christian Budde wrote: This is the case if either VSTBufOut[0] or VSTVol or OverallVol is zero. My guess is, that VSTBufOut[0] is zero. If so, you have to figure out why it is zero.
In that case set a breakpoint to:

Code: Select all

VSTHost.VSTPlugIns[0].processreplacing(@VSTBufIn[0], @VSTBufOut[0], bs)
If VSTBufOut[0] is an array of zeroes, than something went wrong initializing the VST. You have to have a closer look (via breakpoints) in other procedures/functions then.
Hello Christian,
you are right, @VSTBufOut[0] is Null.
I have made a lot of breakpoints. I have checked a lot of variables. But I cannot see, if this variable ok or if is not ok. As I see @VSTBufOut[0], I meant, the 0 value ist ok :) I hope, you understand what I mean.
-
What I don't understand is:
The binary files from you, works very well. I have build a new D7 version. I have installed all components again.
I have compiled MiniHost. Allways the same problem. Therefore I mean, the problem is not the environment then a compiler problem or a compiler setup, or it is the Delphi version.

What can I do ?

with best regards
Norbert

Norbert Stellberg wrote:you are right, @VSTBufOut[0] is Null.
I have made a lot of breakpoints. I have checked a lot of variables. But I cannot see, if this variable ok or if is not ok. As I see @VSTBufOut[0], I meant, the 0 value ist ok :) I hope, you understand what I mean.
Have you also tried it with other plugins? Is there still no sound or is it related to only a few plugins? I mean in case of a synth it's maybe = 0 because you haven't pressed a key on the midi keyboard right before entering the breakpoint.
Norbert Stellberg wrote:I have compiled MiniHost. Allways the same problem. Therefore I mean, the problem is not the environment then a compiler problem or a compiler setup, or it is the Delphi version.
I'm not sure why you have those problems, but it's not the Delphi version. I successfully compiled the whole bundle on my older D7 without a problem as well. I would think it's an environment thing. But on the other hand you're sure, that theres no old reference (have you also looked for an older waveiox/midi/midifile files? sometimes they are shipped with other packages as well).

Kind regards,

Christian

Christian Budde wrote: I'm not sure why you have those problems, but it's not the Delphi version. I successfully compiled the whole bundle on my older D7 without a problem as well. I would think it's an environment thing. But on the other hand you're sure, that theres no old reference (have you also looked for an older waveiox/midi/midifile files? sometimes they are shipped with other packages as well).
Hello Christian,
1. I have a l l folders with any D7 source renamed.
2. I have put the VST sources on an other drive.
3. I have installed all VST components again.
4. I have rebuild MiniHost
Start MiniHost: Nothing at all.
When I press a key on my midikeyboard, I see the keys go up and down. But not any sound. When I will start the midiplayer or the waveplayer in MiniHost: not any reaction.

A l l plugins has this problem, incl. SineSynth.dll

You wrote, it is not the compiler.
But:
1. When I set the following compiler options
Compiler => Ausrichtung von Record Feldern to 1
MiniHost starts with an exception.
2. When I not set compiler => Zuweisbare typisierte Konstanten: MiniHost starts with an exception.

Perhaps is any compiler options wrong :(
Can you told me, how I must set it ?
-
I have build the newest version with TurboDelphi:
(I think is D10)
I can compile it. But after start MiniHost the program
opens a lot of errorwindows. I must restart my computer.
Therefore I think, it is a problem with compiler options.

Thanks for patient, but I am still waiting more then
1 year on the new version. And now I cannot hear
the plugins :(

with best regards
Norbert

just wanted to say how cool this initiative is. :tu:

Norbert Stellberg wrote:You wrote, it is not the compiler.
But:
1. When I set the following compiler options
Compiler => Ausrichtung von Record Feldern to 1
MiniHost starts with an exception.
2. When I not set compiler => Zuweisbare typisierte Konstanten: MiniHost starts with an exception.
What I meant with that is that it's not the compiler in general. It should work with any compiler from D5 to D10 (ok D5 needs adjustments but it can run fine here as well).
The align of record fields should be set to 8. It needs to be set this way since ages.
I also don't understand "When I not set compiler". You need to specify a compiler, without it can't work ;-)
Norbert Stellberg wrote:Perhaps is any compiler options wrong :(
Can you told me, how I must set it ?
I havn't changed anything here. Just use the default and everything will work fine. (check optimise, I/O check and optional all debug optios except debug dcu)[/quote]
Norbert Stellberg wrote:I have build the newest version with TurboDelphi:
(I think is D10)
I can compile it. But after start MiniHost the program
opens a lot of errorwindows. I must restart my computer.
Therefore I think, it is a problem with compiler options.
I'm using Turbo Delphi as well without any problems. Just setup my notebook again: Installed Turbo Delphi, download the latest SVN and compiled without any problems and without the need to change any options.
Norbert Stellberg wrote:Thanks for patient, but I am still waiting more then
1 year on the new version. And now I cannot hear
the plugins :(
Maybe it's MiniHost's fault because I can only do support for the framework around it. Haven't looked at the code too close. Maybe you try to output some additional random noise at any stage (starting inside the BufferSwitch function) and see to what point you can hear something.

Kind regards,

Christian

P.S.: I will leave germany in a week. From that day on I will rarely be available for any support for at least 3 month some help of others is still appreciated!

Ok,Christian, I give up.
I have spend more then 3 days time for this problem.
Perhaps is in 1/2 year a version, which is compatible
with me :)
Thanks for your help again.
with best regards
Norbert

Just want to let you know that a new ADSR chart component is available via SVN. There will be a new synth example featuring this ADSR component.

Christian

Just added the new synth example. An extended "sine synth" with two oscilators, ADSR curve for each oscilator, drive and a cutoff filter. Everything's very simple so far, but it's good for understanding.

Christian

Here is the lastest BeRoASIO version, which is directly from the BeRoTracker source tree: http://bero.0ok.de/downloads/BeRoASIO.pas

There was an bug at the ControlPanel procedure (a wrong constant value), which I've fixed now.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”