KnobMan, the VSTGUI AnimationKnob bitmap generator

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

brok landers wrote:
g200kg wrote:
hello,
displayed "FabricStar.knob" (3,59KB) seems old file.
in Ver.1.17 the "FabricStar.knob" is 205KB.

all .knob files in the knobman117.zip are already re-saved. can you confirm?
hi g200kg, thanks for getting back to me so quick! :)

yes, i can confirm, "FabricStar.knob" is 205KB.
i was using my other computer (it's the only one connected to the internet)
for screenshotting ...
so here's the screenshot from my main DAW:

as you can see, there's no preview, nor an icon that looks like the knob ... ;)

and what do you say on my idea to have a preview window in the open dialog?
The same here... no preview!
but if i rename the .knob to .png it works.

is it an association thing?
..what goes around comes around..

Plese consider group folders for layers. I am getting very lost managing the layers as things get more complex, my last knob has 32 layers and is not done yet. It would help if I could folder certain layers to form groups, it would make editing later on easier as well.

Perhaps some area for documentation (notes), as I share my work it would make it possible for me to explain things or at least remind myself what I was doing.

Thanks.

...or a tree vire for naviagtion, rather than tabs...

duncanparsons wrote:...or a tree vire for naviagtion, rather than tabs...
Duncan - are you drunk this afternoon ? Your explanation of a high pass filter got me worried and now this :-o

Sorry, tree view! some smelling pistakes yes-toady ;)

I think it could work really well, with small bitmaps on each node (as used on the tabs). You could then see all of the layers in one go and navigate more easily than scrolling tabs.. a list view would work as well. Both allow for quick re-arranging too.

[OT]What's wrong with my HiPass exp? I know my smelling was off there too, but it is a differential, and simply subtracting the previous sample is as simple as it gets![/OT]

DSP

duncanparsons wrote:I think it could work really well, with small bitmaps on each node (as used on the tabs). You could then see all of the layers in one go and navigate more easily than scrolling tabs.. a list view would work as well. Both allow for quick re-arranging too.
I agree this would be a better way to handle layers, like the way gimp and photoshop do.

g200kg wrote: hmmmm...
1. Is a normal PNG file can be thumnailed?
sorry for the late reply ... damned, somehow kvr doesn't notify me when replies are made in this thread ... really strange ...
on topic:
yes, png's are thumbnailled, the regular png screenshots(graphics are thumbnailled, as well as previewed correctly in the windows explorer (and all other explorers)...
g200kg wrote:2. How about rename the "FabricStar.knob" to "FabricStar.png"?
that works ... but it doesn't really moke sense, no? ;)
g200kg wrote:3. In the registory [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.knob\ShellEx\{{BB2E617C-0920-11D1-9A0B-00C04FC2D6C1}}], default value = REG_SZ {7376D660-C583-11d0-A3A5-00C04FD706EC} is set correctly?
i think that's where the problem is ...there is no .knob in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ ... it seems that double clicking/rightclicking the registry key doesn't add an entry for some/me ...
g200kg wrote:About open dialog, I know :) anyway i think the image data had better to be combined to the data file. this is just a first step :)
:) well, of course, take all the time that is needed, don't feel rushed, you should actually stick with having fun with programming that damned thing ... :) ...
but you know what?, you should add a to do list on your site, so everyone can check there if the feature request will make it to be added or not ... so not everybody will have to bomb you with feature requests ... ain't that an idea? ;)

----------
And noone can see thumnail on Vista?[/quote]
regards,
brok landers
BIGTONEsounddesign
gear is as good as the innovation behind it-the man

finally settling in a bit, and I love it! :)

once again, a wonderful tool!

ouroboros wrote:finally settling in a bit, and I love it! :)
sweet deal man, it looks great.

Save ---- crash --- file not saved work is gone

just when I thought I almost had it done...

:dog:
that's awesome!

not anymore. Thats alright the basic structure of it is saved & stored on website. But the fine details I was working out for the last few hours are gone...The only reason I have the screenshot is so that I could post it to check how I and labeled the meter...LOL good thing I didn't save first or I would even have the screenshot.

maybe another night. Bit PO to think straight now.

Still the best darn program that I have used in the last year. Absolutely love this thing.

damn I have to learn to type and proof read.
Last edited by Hlis93 on Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:18 am, edited 3 times in total.

That's f-ing sick.

I gotta learn me that app!

ouroboros wrote:finally settling in a bit, and I love it! :)

once again, a wonderful tool!
That looks nice I like the empty center really cool idea.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”