KnobMan, the VSTGUI AnimationKnob bitmap generator

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hlis93 wrote:
ouroboros wrote:finally settling in a bit, and I love it! :)

once again, a wonderful tool!
That looks nice I like the empty center really cool idea.
Thanks :) This is really too much fun. I find that in the slow moments at work I can goof around and make something useful! This is a marble instead of a knob for ADSR, kind of steam punk. I'd like to make a spline shape to lay underneath it all:
..what goes around comes around..

duncanparsons wrote:
[OT]What's wrong with my HiPass exp? I know my smelling was off there too, but it is a differential, and simply subtracting the previous sample is as simple as it gets![/OT]

DSP
[OT]
hpf:= in - in[i-1];
lpf:= in - hpf;
bpf:= lpf - hpf;

Could this be the most efficient filter code in existence ?
Oh wait. Where do you set the cutoff frequency?
:dang: :curses: :foiled again: :etc: :cry:

:D

[/OT]

just joshing Dunkers :tu:

scuzzphut wrote:
duncanparsons wrote:
[OT]What's wrong with my HiPass exp? I know my smelling was off there too, but it is a differential, and simply subtracting the previous sample is as simple as it gets![/OT]

DSP
[OT]
hpf:= in - in[i-1];
lpf:= in - hpf;
bpf:= lpf - hpf;

Could this be the most efficient filter code in existence ?
Oh wait. Where do you set the cutoff frequency?
:dang: :curses: :foiled again: :etc: :cry:

:D

[/OT]

just joshing Dunkers :tu:

[Still OT]

substitution...

Code: Select all

lpf = in[i] - hpf;
=> lpf = in[i] - (in[i] - in[i-1]);
=> lpf = in[i] - in[i] + in[i-1];
=> lpf = in[i-1];
..you need a coefficient to make it lossy..

As I recall, Cutoff for hpf is fixed @ Nyq/2, with -3dB/O rolloff (ie pants)[/Still OT]

Back on Topic - I love the knobs with spaces!

DSP

Hlis93 wrote:Save ---- crash --- file not saved work is gone

just when I thought I almost had it done...
hello,
Im still stucking in the deep of Windows COM component programming for thumbnailing (on Vista) :hihi:
However, i think it should be fixed on highest priority if you encountered the file-crash due to KnobMan. please report if you found that :)

Hi g200kg,

I have another issue, when I delete a layer and save the .KNOB-file then all the included graphics files are missing, I have to re-load all of the files manually and re-save ...

g200kg wrote:
Hlis93 wrote:Save ---- crash --- file not saved work is gone

just when I thought I almost had it done...
hello,
Im still stucking in the deep of Windows COM component programming for thumbnailing (on Vista) :hihi:
However, i think it should be fixed on highest priority if you encountered the file-crash due to KnobMan. please report if you found that :)
For the most part I am finding the latest version to be vary stable. That has been the only crash on my system that has occured.

BTW i was mostly getting a kick out of it more then I was trying to complain or report a problem. It was funny to me that I get it the way I want and poof. universal LOL. Its just the way life is sometimes. :)

But no regrets I am working it out
Last edited by Hlis93 on Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.

ouroboros wrote:finally settling in a bit, and I love it! :)

once again, a wonderful tool!
That looks great !!!
I wonder how you done it !?
DSP with attitude

I know this doesn't help with feedback about the program but I just love knobman. This is just to much fun for me to handle. :love:

Pic to the left is done 99% knobman,one PNG for the meter glass is used. I exported various layers, messed with them in PS and then imported them back and used the color tools, that is the picture to the right. Not done yet but it would be a real pain if I didn't have knobman.

edit: This program is just insane good. woohoo!

Last edited by Hlis93 on Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

asseca wrote:Hi g200kg,

I have another issue, when I delete a layer and save the .KNOB-file then all the included graphics files are missing, I have to re-load all of the files manually and re-save ...
THX asseca,
I found & Fixed a bug about image re-load :)
http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/knobman.html

g200kg wrote:
asseca wrote:Hi g200kg,

THX asseca,
I found & Fixed a bug about image re-load :)
http://www.g200kg.com/en/software/knobman.html
Thanks, I'll be using KnobMan in the next few days, and will let you know how things go ... :)

@g200kg -- thanks so much for Knobman! I just discovered it, and it is by far the best utility I've come across for helping with GUI element development for audio apps (in my case, Max/MSP).

One feature request I'm hopeful you could implement as quickly as you've implemented all the others: although I can use a PC version, my primary development platform is a Mac. Any chance of you doing a port?

Thanks again, great app!

Dan
Dan Nigrin / Defective Records
Fauxmo: a Fizmo editor / Cyclic, M185 & Klee Sequencers / DSX, MC-4 & MC-202 Hack
https://www.defectiverecords.com

Hlis93 wrote:I know this doesn't help with feedback about the program but I just love knobman. This is just to much fun for me to handle. :love:

Pic to the left is done 99% knobman,one PNG for the meter glass is used. I exported various layers, messed with them in PS and then imported them back and used the color tools, that is the picture to the right. Not done yet but it would be a real pain if I didn't have knobman.

edit: This program is just insane good. woohoo!

nice! It looks very cool/industrial/corroded.
I have no photochop skills whatsoever, so I have been finding stock photos and doing the simplest of alterations. Importing pics makes my vu's a snap! It really is too much fun, and I feel a bit silly :)

..what goes around comes around..

Photos will get you the most realistic look for sure, some real magic that way.

Just a side note, If someone doesn't have Photoshop a few days in Gimp should turn out some really great results. The biggest problem is getting that clear glass/pastic cover, an alpha layer is needed that supports beveling and shading.

The Photoshop allows for the ultimate in mangling. And the smart filters are great so you don't destroy the original materials. :love:

note that second one is to die for.

Hello,
dnigrin wrote:One feature request I'm hopeful you could implement as quickly as you've implemented all the others: although I can use a PC version, my primary development platform is a Mac. Any chance of you doing a port?

Thanks again, great app!

Dan
Unfortunately, KnobMan is deeply depends on Windows API, i think that is difficult to port to Mac. Anyway the first problem is that I dont have a Mac.. :wink:

im not so familiar with mac, the CrossOver or something cant be a solution?

BTW:
recent samples uploaded here is incredibly great. guys here have completely outstripped me about managing KnobMan :hihi:

g200kg wrote:Unfortunately, KnobMan is deeply depends on Windows API, i think that is difficult to port to Mac. Anyway the first problem is that I dont have a Mac.. :wink:

im not so familiar with mac, the CrossOver or something cant be a solution?
Yeah, I was anticipating that it might be a challenge to port. And yes, it works fine in Windows via Parallels virtualization; I presume it would also work fine via VMWare Fusion, as well as possible CrossOver. So there are solutions - just a bit more work for us Mac-folks.

Regardless, thanks again for the excellent app!

Dan
Dan Nigrin / Defective Records
Fauxmo: a Fizmo editor / Cyclic, M185 & Klee Sequencers / DSX, MC-4 & MC-202 Hack
https://www.defectiverecords.com

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”