Need help with Muse Receptor 1 Rev C VST plugin development.

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
I have been working with Steinberg's VST SDK 2.3 to attempt VST development for Muse Receptor. Somewhere in the manual it talks about "Receptorizing" plugins, but I have never seen any documentation on how to do so.

Here is how far I have gotten.
-I figured out the C++ bugs after converting the project to VS 2008.
-It compiled and produced the example plugin, delay.dll.
-I tried to install it on the receptor via the instructions.
-It failed.
-I checked other plugins and the installation log report.
-I found there is a <plugin_name>-info-cache.xml that was required for development.
-Finally I tried making a copy of other info-cache.xml files and customizing the values for my plugin.
-The installation failed saying in the installation log:

Code: Select all (#)

10:19:00: Unexpected modification time found in "c:\Program Files\VST Plugins\Unsupported Plugins\adelay\Delay.dll", attempting to fix...
10:19:00: FAILED: c:\Program Files\VST Plugins\Unsupported Plugins\adelay\Delay.dll could not be added: Cannot find or read info-cache.xml file
-I tried messing with the file system time. And think the dll build time is embedded, and is causing an error to be thrown.

So how do I get this to work? Does anyone have any idea on how to "Receptorize" VST plugins?
I have an interesting idea for a waveshaping effect I really want to try out.

Thanks,
Stephen
:help:

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.

Code: Select all (#)

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<vst-plugin-info version="2">
  <vst-plugin-name>Delay</vst-plugin-name>
  <vst-plugin-path>/c/Program Files/VST Plugins/Unsupported Plugins/adelay/Delay.dll</vst-plugin-path>
  <vst-plugin-description>XDelay</vst-plugin-description>
  <vst-plugin-vendor>Me</vst-plugin-vendor>
  <vst-plugin-mod-time>2001-04-01 23:14:00</vst-plugin-mod-time>
  <struct-aeffectx>
    <numPrograms>1</numPrograms>
    <numParams>3</numParams>
    <numInputs>2</numInputs>
    <numOutputs>2</numOutputs>
    <initialDelay>0</initialDelay>
    <realQualities>0</realQualities>
    <uniqueID>xdelay</uniqueID>
    <version>2</version>
  </struct-aeffectx>
</vst-plugin-info>

Okay I figured it out, I was way off. I still cannot get a basic steinberg examples to install properly, but I will keep at it and report further.

Hi Steve. 7 years ago. Did you manage to modify the Steinberg Delay so that it goes into the Receptor 1 rev. C? I am just trying the same and there is no more support from Muse Research now.
before time there was no time

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”