Do hosts have a unique sound?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

gol wrote: no you were not, your post was rather clear
Let me remind you what i wrote :

http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtopic. ... c&start=60
And if you use 96 KHz samples in a 44.1 K project, the host needs to :
1. Filter the wave data at nyquist
2. Resample

Jeez wrote:
Miles1981 wrote:+1
I don't think I will hear the difference. And 32 bits is enough, the main cards are 24 bits, so 8 bits for the rounding errors, and you'll not hear the difference. Unless you can ?
32 bit float is not the same as 32 bit integer.
You're right, it's surely worse in precision - not the same precision due to the exponent... -. But as it can represent lower amplitudes wich can then be amplified to higher level without distortion, it perhaps better in final quality.

DevonB wrote:Problem with SE? Not at all. Problem with you being a jerk to someone who obviously has the chops to develop from scratch? Yes. Telling someone to shut up is childish, and just proves to me you don't know what you're talking about. Present your facts, and stand by them, or state you're wrong, and bow out. A little bit of grace can go a long ways.
Devon
And now i'm sitting here and ask myself, what is worst, telling somebody to "shut up" because he talks too mouch, or judge somebody you don't know a shit about. And a forum like this is the best place for beeing "childish". I presented my facts, maby I'm wrong about some things (or I see thing different), but who the hell you think you are to judge me ? :shock:

Let me remind you what i wrote
I just hope it was my mistake and you're not lame enough to have edited your post :)

gol wrote:
Let me remind you what i wrote
I just hope it was my mistake and you're not lame enough to have edited your post :)
nope - I can remember it - that's exactly what he wrote
- there isn't a single word edited :wink:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

tranceinstitute wrote:I presented my facts
Where?

nuffink wrote:
tranceinstitute wrote:I presented my facts
Where?
Here!
Where here ?
Here Here!
:?
There is nothing to proove.

Apart from this complete irrelevancy...
tranceinstitute wrote:
gol wrote:24bit soundcards are great for recording, so that you don't need to record as close as possible to 0dB.
You can calculate the SNR of ADC simply :
Number_of_bits*6 dB.
16 bits : 96 dB
24 bits : 144 dB
32 bits : 192 dB
...point out a fact you presented.

nuffink wrote: ...point out a fact you presented.
Am I trialed or what. Can I call my lawyer ? :-o
FORGET IT. I have a dayjob to do. Instead of thinking of your facts. And I think you too have better things to do, other than bugging other people in this forum.
Over and out.
:end

Now you are acting like a child. :P

tranceinstitute wrote:
nuffink wrote: ...point out a fact you presented.
Am I trialed or what. Can I call my lawyer ? :-o
FORGET IT. I have a dayjob to do. Instead of thinking of your facts. And I think you too have better things to do, other than bugging other people in this forum.
Over and out.
:end

Now you are acting like a child. :P
Thought not.

Crikey, this forum can get some really unpleasant bitching. It's quite sad to see people be so unnecessarily unpleasant to people about petty, pedantic trivialities. It's a good job aliens' wi-fi equipment isn't compatible with ours, else we should truly be ashamed about some of our eBassadors.

I do think Tracktion sounds a bit beige, however. But beige like my really nice fluffy beige rug i used to have. That's somewhere else now :'(
Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

haydxn wrote:Crikey, this forum can get some really unpleasant bitching. It's quite sad to see people be so unnecessarily unpleasant to people about petty, pedantic trivialities. It's a good job aliens' wi-fi equipment isn't compatible with ours, else we should truly be ashamed about some of our eBassadors.
I don't like to throw shit to other peoples backyard.
The thing is that i will ignore nuffink and maby other people on this forum with their comments.
I know that I started this, and I don't feel good about it. But i found some great friends who enjoyed throwing shit on me, questioning,trialing,judgeing me. Some people think that a bad answer or a statement without facts must be punished with death.
I know i'm an outsider here, and that's why I had some fun with *my friends*.

:)

nuffink wrote:Apart from this complete irrelevancy...
tranceinstitute wrote: You can calculate the SNR of ADC simply :
Number_of_bits*6 dB.
16 bits : 96 dB
24 bits : 144 dB
32 bits : 192 dB
...point out a fact you presented.
Irrelevancy ?? OK, it lacks a constant, but that's relevant, and everybody should agree with these numbers...
And OK, it was not an answer to the question gol asked, but I think we should calm down...

in case anyone didn't twig, i was defending tranceinstitute when i posted!
Kick, punch, it's all in the mind.

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”