dsp values are very high

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hello,

i am having trouble with dsp values on my daw(samplitude music studio 2015),they´re very high and sometimes i can only play 6 tracks/melodies.
i would like to receive some recomendations of hardware/softwareproducts that can reduce dsp values in order of work properly.
i´ve bought a sound interface behringer umc204,but the values are as high as with my native desktop sound interface.
a friend recomended M-Audio M-Track Plus interface,what do you think?

i really apreciate your help

peace
core i7 4770s,Windows 8,8gb,samplitude prox2,,rmv,volfram,absynth,crx4,hybrid 3,blue 2,sfx pro

use task manager > performance to stay aware of which plugins are using the most cpu.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

It's probably an issue with the VST plugins you use. Some are very CPU hungry, others are very efficient with CPU. How much your system can handle depends on its processing power and what you put in your project. A system built in 2005 will struggle with one instance of a plugin released last year, but it will be able to play 100 voices at least with Synth-1 for example.

If for example you use a reverb plugin on each channel, it will help if you set it up as an Aux Send effect so only one instance is used instead of multiple.

The audio interface has not much to do with it. It's sole task is to convert the digital audio your DAW produces to analog. It uses next to no CPU power.

NB: this topic is better off at the Computer Setup subforum, it's not about building VST plugins.
We are the KVR collective. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated. Image
My MusicCalc is served over https!!

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”