Ways to change the GUI of vst`s?

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So, my question is, is it possible and how to change the vst GUI (for my own use, of course, not for reselling :D ). I`m talking about those which are consisted of just one .dll and that`s all, as they are probably the simpliest, aren`t they? I realize that only sound should matter, but i also like a kinda aesthetics. I`m pretty skilled in vector and raster graphics, but don`t know how to extract and edit anything from .DLL :roll:

You could try Resource Hacker.

hm, looks that it can do a trick) thanks, I`ll check it!

anti_phase wrote:So, my question is, is it possible and how to change the vst GUI (for my own use, of course, not for reselling :D ). I`m talking about those which are consisted of just one .dll and that`s all, as they are probably the simpliest, aren`t they?
not necessarily.

and VSTs with the images as external resources outside the .dll are probably simplest to change.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
anti_phase wrote:So, my question is, is it possible and how to change the vst GUI (for my own use, of course, not for reselling :D ). I`m talking about those which are consisted of just one .dll and that`s all, as they are probably the simpliest, aren`t they?
not necessarily.

and VSTs with the images as external resources outside the .dll are probably simplest to change.

yes, i forgot about them. Though most of such vst`s are already good :tu:

Moved from Music Theory to DSP and Plug-in Development.

Oh, sorry and thanks.

It won't be possible in many cases. Most JUCE based products for example use an internal binary format for best compatibility and ease of work. You can't manipulate them easily. Vector stuff will be inaccessible anyway, nobody uses SVG in performance critical applications ;) . Some products are signed (AAX always), so changing the binary would break sigs.

Better stick to the offers explicitly offering re-skinning.
Fabien from Tokyo Dawn Records

Check out my audio processors over at the Tokyo Dawn Labs!

Thanks, Fabien. I`ve already tried it. Yes, only 5-10 percent of my VST`s are compatible with my editing efforts :scared:
and most of them are not the ones I wanted to edit :D
Not the most genious idea of mine definitely :)
Your plugins look awesome, btw :tu:

anti_phase wrote:Thanks, Fabien. I`ve already tried it. Indeed, only 5-10 percent of my VST`s are compatible with my editing efforts :scared:
and most of them are not the ones I wanted to edit :D
Not the most genious idea of mine definitely :)
Your plugins look awesome, btw :tu:
whoops, 2 posts. Don`t know, how to delete this one

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”